Epicette Agyen, Samsaran Witch

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Epicette Agyen, Samsaran Witch

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:12 pm

With Squall's permission, Eclair is now a skunk (instead of a fox). Mostly for the fortitude save bonus, but provoke at your own expense (fear the stink! lol)
Stormreach NPC Relations | Stormreach Encounter Map

Epicette Argyen (WotR Ledger)

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:21 pm

1/3 and 5% means craft at 28% market value
(WotR Combat Map|WotR Citadel Map)
(WotR Allied Armies and NPC's|WotR NPC Relationship DB)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:49 am

Level5:
+7HP
Skills: Fly, Know[Arcana], Know[Nature], Know[Planes], Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Feat: Frugal Crafting [Pf3P:OD:Alchemist]
Spells: Strangling Hair, Anticipate Teleportation
Familiar: +1 Nat AC, +1 Int, Speak with Master

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:24 pm

Lvl6:
+7HP
BAB: +1
Saves: +1Fort/+1Ref/+1Will
Skills: Knowledge[Engineering], 2xKnowledge[Planes], Knowledge[Tactics], Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Hex: Prehensile Hair
Spells: Haste (Time Patron), Arcane Concordance, Glyph of Warding

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:32 am

Mythic Tier 1 + Chapter 1 Campaign Bonuses:
+8HP, +2 Intelligence, +2 Spellcraft
Feat: Improved Initiative
Mythic Abilities: Hard to Kill, Surge +1d6, Wild Arcana
Path Ability: Mythic Hexes
Mythic Feat: Mythic Spell Lore
Mythic Spell: Haste

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 30, 2014 11:55 am

Lvl7:
+7HP
Feat: Master of Speed [Pf3P:SGG:BP:5HSF]
Skills: Knowledge[Arcana, Engineering, Tactics, Planes], Perception, Perform[Strings], Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Spells: Assay Spell Resistance [SpC], Symbol of Healing
Familiar: +1 nat AC, +1 Intelligence, Speak with Animals of Its Kind / Deliver Aid (valet)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Squall can I exchange Ancestral Communion spell for Investigative Mind [in the new AdvClassGuide?]. Pretty similar in what they do since they're both lvl2 knowledge boosters and it saves me a spell from Mystic Past Life.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 am

Approved. As I understand it that means you just need to pick a new spell in your Mystic Past Life that won't be known.

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:21 pm

Lv8:
+1 INT, +1 BAB, +1 Will
Skills: Craft[Alchemy], Knowledge[Arcana, Engineering, Tactics], Perception, Perform[Strings], Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Hex: Evil Eye
Spells: Debilitating Portent, Threefold Aspect (patron), Black Tentacles*

Tier2:
+3 HP, +2MP/day
+2 INT (Knowledge[Dungeoneering, Tactics, Planes], Perform[Strings], Fly x4)
Amazing Initiative
Mythic Path Ability: Crafting Mastery
Mythic Spell: Fly

(*Editted out Wall of Stone for Black Tentacles because Pf's publishing of the Arcane Enlightenment hex could more effectively grab in)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:23 am

Chat with Anevia:

Code: Select all

[Begin]
It is around 3 or 4 in the afternoon and you manage to find Anevia talking with two of the mongrelfolk she led this morning, helping set up and organize camp for the coming siege on the citadel itself
Dai Y.
Epicette walks up rather casually and just kind of listens in until they finishes, trying to gauge how she's getting along with the Rangers.
Eric Holland
Roll Sense Motive
Dai Y.
10+13 = 23
Eric Holland
She seems to be getting along with them fine, though still has a little unease issuing orders, and most of her commands come out almost as suggestions that need to be finalized
Dai Y.
Epicette waits until after she finishes helping the Rangers with their business. Seems like any effort is helping her get used to this.
Eric Holland
She shortly finishes and sends them off to set up some tents and send a few others to scout some of the area south of southbank.
"Hello Epi," she says wearily  "It's good to see you.  What a day!"
Dai Y.
"Hey Anevia. There's certainly been new experiences for each of us. How did you like your first stint in command? I'm no expert, but it felt like you're fitting into the role quite well."
Eric Holland
"Well I didn't loose anyone.  The soldiers performed exceptionally though I'm not sure how much of that was my command and how much was your training."
"I'm not use to these large groups.  two maybe three others at most is what I'm comfortable with.  All these people relying on me at once is... difficult.  Irabeth is much better suited to it, though I can understand why she doesn't like it either."
Dai Y.
"Well, you certainly did better than I would have on my first fight for a battle like this. It's true the soldiers had some training to shake down their loose ends, but without a central voice to guide them it would still fall apart. So take pride in your achievements today! You were definitely the one who led them to victory this morning..."
"As for the responsibility, I certainly understand what you mean. Though, I think it should be reassuring that we feel that way. The weight of their expectations, the burden of their lives -- the fact we feel that means we actually care deeply for those whom we work with. It is tiresome, sure, yet also something we can take great pride in, that we accomplished not only great victories, but also saved the lives of many who share our path."
Eric Holland
"That's true" she says pondering your words.   "And it was the rangers' arrows that allowed the paladins to pull back some when those boulders came down."
Dai Y.
Epicette looked surprised, almost startled, for a brief moment, before calming back to her smile. "I remember seeing that... I must admit, seeing our forces falling back that moment had me real worried. All I could think of at the moment was that I should have noticed those towers and planned for them, or that I should disable them somehow as soon as possible, or..." she then slowly sighs in relief. "It's... it's rather reassuring to hear that it was well supported and coordinated."
Eric Holland
"Yes,  We're lucky that the first shots are always so random with catapults.  They didn't really hit anything aside from some tents.  You had to take that bridge before you could make it to the catapults anyway." she says reassuringly.  "That said, you're welcome to have your command back anytime!"
"Anyway how was your day?  I saw the body of that Chimera.  You 5 reallly took that thing down?"
Dai Y.
Epicette chuckles quietly. "To be honest I think I'd be perfectly happy never having to command them in the field again, as that would mean the demons never come here in force again. But that would be wishful thinking on my part.."
"As for my day? mmmh~ the catapults were actually the most anxious moment, I'd say. The chimera was fearsome alright... for about 10 seconds before Henric and Cernandlon scored two deadeye shots, one right after the other too. We certainly have some amazing people in this army."
Eric Holland
"Truer words have seldom been said.  We've come a long way from last week.  Were the demons always this weak?  The crusaders don't seem to have any trouble putting them to the sword since your cadre of heroes started taking charge and inspiring the men."
Dai Y.
"You're forgetting to give yourself credit again. None of this would have been possible without the scouting info you brought us, or the first victory you and Irabeth achieved." Epicette then looks rather sheepish for a moment. "This campaign isn't just about a few of us who got lucky in the spotlight. Without Irabeth's aid distracting the demons back in Dreznen, we'd never be 'heroes' of anything. This is about all of us -- all of our efforts working together to bring forth its successes."
Eric Holland
Aneveia blinks at you before smiling "I guess this 'taking credit' thing is something I'll have to work on." she says with a chuckle.
"At least the troops seem to be taking their share of the credit."  She gestures to the merry soldiers who seem to be talking about the days events.  "Even Gwerm seems to have been moved.  I hear he's giving out rations and a half in celebration."
Dai Y.
Epicette looks rather taken back by that. "I would never have guessed. That miserly old man? Sorry, that's unfair to him. He certainly has been very generous in supplying the army. But celebrating nevertheless gives him a very... different image." she grins...
Her smile then fades away into a worried expression. "Though.. I know we didn't suffer much losses. But what of those captives freed from the hill? Many of them died and even those who survived suffered horribly. I'm rather concerned if we gave them the peace and support they need midst all the jubilation."
Eric Holland
"Sosiel has the recovered setup in a triage ward over in Southbank, and I hear Malorix is planning a ceremonyfor the fallen we found. We're an army of clerics and paladins. We know how to treat the wounded." She smirks at you with a you-should-know-better look in her eye
Dai Y.
Epicette shakes her head with a faint smile. "I guess I got worried over nothing again." then, with a faint sigh, she asks again: "there's one other thing on my mind. Anevia -- what do you think of those tieflings we captured today?"
Eric Holland
"The cultists? As I recall our rangers killed most of the tieflings on the walls. I'd be cautious with them. I certainly wouldn't let any of the rescued guard them. But from what little I've heard some of the,
Some of them are just peasants who didn't want to be killed by the tieflings, though I doubt all who claim that are telling the truth."
Dai Y.
(correction : tieflings -> meant to be cultists since they were just humanoids)
Epicette sighs. "Well, I guess it's reasonable for those who just wanted to stay alive. Much better than the other kind who joined anyway. I wasn't sure before -- given their drain on our resources -- but now I'm kind of glad they managed the opportunity to surrender. I'm sure the detection spells will weed out the real evildoers once we get to examining them all."
Eric Holland
"That will weed out most of them. But I'm sure you know that there are ways to bypass them."
"Remember Nurah?"
Dai Y.
"Yes. But the possibility of demonic spies and infiltrators always exists. Sure, we should always keep an eye open, but being too worried would likely harm us more than it does us good." Epicette ponders deeply for a moment...
"I was almost killed by one of Kenabres' witch hunts, many years ago when I was still just a child. When I saw the Prelate Hulrun's body in the keep, desecrated by the demons, you know what I felt? -- satisfaction, that he finally got what was coming to him," Epicette sighs with a hint of shame, "to think something like that could have undermined everything I helped the group accomplish. Well, it's not a pleasant thought... I'm sure there are those who disagree with me, but I'd rather miss one guilty than condemn one innocent."
Eric Holland
"Agreed. Whats that thing Sir Daveed is always saying? 'Theres always hope for redemption.'? Something like that."
Dai Y.
Epicette grinned a little. "Well, he's a little more optimistic than I am on that. But I certainly don't think he's wrong."
Eric Holland
"I think he's a lot more optimistic than most of us, but I suppose its the better side to err on" she says with a chuckle
Dai Y.
"Definitely agree to that~"
Eric Holland
The two of you spend thenext half hour bantering back and forth before parting as your responsibilities call you.
[End]

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:02 am

5th level spells: Hidden Lodge (Approved), Spell Matrix (OMG BANNED), Zone of Respite (Approved)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Lv9:
+8HP, +1 Fort/Reflex
Skills: Know[Arcana], Know[Engineering], Know[Nature], Know[Planes], Know[Tactics], Perception, Perform[strings], Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Feats: Spirit Talker [Pf:ACG]
Spells: Telekinesis, Hidden Lodge [SpC]
Familiars: +1 Natural Armor, +1 Intelligence

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:34 pm

3rd Tier:
+2/day Mythic Power
Recuperation
Path Ability: Coupled Arcana
Feat: Mythic Crafter
Spell: Mythic Telekinesis

10th level:
+1 BAB, +1 Will save
(+1 4th level spell; +1 5th)
Skills: Knowledge[Arcana/Tactics/Planes], Perception, Perform[Strings], Sense Motive, Spellcraft
Spells: Symbol of Revelation, Telepathic Bond, Teleport (Patron Spell)
Hex: Healing > Major Healing, Misfortune

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Squall: requesting the use of mythic version of 3 spells, from the 3rd party RGG book Mythic Magic - Advanced Spells I (it's in the dropbox)

Arcane Concordance
Any arcane spell cast by your allies within the area of the mythic arcane concordance gains a +2 enhancement bonus to the DC of any saving throws against the spell, and a bonus equal to your mythic tier to any caster level checks to overcome spell resistance. The list of metamagic feats that can be applied is increased to add the following: Bouncing Spell, Disruptive Spell, Intensified Spell, Merciful Spell, and Reach Spell (1 level increase only). You may change the metamagic feat you have chosen for your mythic arcane concordance by spending one use of your mythic power as a standard action or two uses of your mythic power as a swift action. This change applies for spells cast after that point but does not alter the effects of spells that have already been cast.
Augmented (5th): If you expend two uses of mythic power, the mythic arcane concordance allows for two metamagic feats to be applied (or a 2-level increase when using Reach Spell), chosen when the spell is cast.

Brilliant Inspiration
The target gains a bonus pool equal to your caster level plus your mythic tier. After rolling twice and choosing the better result, the target may add a bonus of up to one-half your mythic tier to the result of the die roll as a free action. The spell does not end before its duration expires unless two natural 20’s are rolled. When the spell ends, any leftover points from your bonus pool are lost if not used.
Augmented (5th): If you expend three uses of your mythic power, the target may roll three times and choose the most favorable result

Threefold Aspect
You can increase any one of the enhancement bonuses to your ability scores granted by this spell by 2, or you may reduce one of the ability score penalties caused by this spell by 2. In addition, casting this spell grants a degree of generational insight into your own potential futures and their relationship to your past. As long as you are using mythic threefold aspect, any insight bonus you gain is increased by 1, and you add your mythic tier to the percentage chance of success of an augury, divination, or similar effect that allows you to predict the future. Regardless of your appearance or the apparent age you choose, your threefold consciousness is difficult for others to interpret, causing creatures to take a penalty equal to your mythic tier (if they are non-mythic creatures) or one-half your mythic tier (if they are mythic creatures) on Sense Motive checks made against you, and you add one-half your mythic tier on saving throws to resist mindreading effects like detect thoughts.

Spite
The maximum level of the touch spell you imbue into your spite spell is increased by an amount equal to one-half your mythic tier (minimum 1 level). If the level of spell you combine with mythic spite is equal to or lower than your mythic tier, the duration of mythic spite is increased to 1 day per level (or until discharged).
Augmented (4th): If you expend two uses of your mythic power, your mythic spite and its companion spell are not discharged until it has been triggered a number of times equal to onehalf your mythic tier. However, an attacker can be affected only once by your mythic spite and its companion spell. If an attacker is unaffected by the activation of mythic spite, whether because of spell resistance, a successful saving throw, or any other ability that prevents the companion spell from affecting it, then the mythic spite will continue triggering each time that creature attacks you until the attacker is either affected by the companion spell or your supply of activations is exhausted.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Arcane Concordance: Approved

Brilliant Inspiration: Approved with the explanation that rolling [X,20] and then [y,20] counts as two 20's and would end the spell

Threefold Aspect: Approved.

Spite: Approved, 4th level augment approved on probation. (I don't have a good enough reference for how strong this augment is, relative to other augments. Allowed until proven nerfworthy)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Return to “Characters”