Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Born many years ago beyond Kenabres, Daveed was brought to the emerging Crusader-State by his father, a minor Lord who sought to return honor to his family by pledging himself and his son to the Crusade. Or so he professed. His father was not a particularly brave or honorable man, and his tenuous influence was the result of younger years spent stealing and swindling those of fewer wits out of their own fortunes. Yet, at 50, he now found himself bankrupt and cast out, and thought that perhaps he could begin anew in Mendev.

Unfortunately, ill-fortune befell him when the caravan they were traveling in was attacked by a trio of vrocks. The demons were savage, and far beyond what the caravan guard could muster. With the guards dispatched, the vrocks saw to the slaughtering of the civilians. As they proceeded in their baleful task, another horrid creature, a glabrezu, appeared and began to pick through the rubble. Invariably, the demon seemed to find it's way to Daveed's father, who was still attempting to shield his son. His father, on top of never having been a particularly noteworthy warrior, had never encountered such creatures, and fled in horror, dropping his weapon in front of the young boy's feet.

Daveed's memories of the next few moments are fragmented. He recalls picking up the rapier and holding it meekly towards the glabrezu. Then the foul demon grabs him, crushing his frail body while leering sadistically in his face. Just as he begins to loose consciousness, a warrior, wielding a brilliant scimitar that shined with golden fire, charges in, severing the arm that held him up, and then, darkness. To this day, Daveed has not been able to recall any memories prior to this incident.

By the time Crusader Patrol arrived on the scene, the warrior, a paladin of Sarenrae, had been killed and ravaged by the demons. Just behind the body of their fallen comrade was Daveed, comatose, with the demon's claw still gripping him. Among the patrol was a cleric of Sarenrae who arranged for the boy to raised by her Church when attempts to learn his identity failed.

While too young to adequately participate in the first three Crusades, he spent much time serving as an acolyte, scribe, and general assistant to the more senior clergy during the fourth. Many in the Church of Iomedae became overzealous in their desire to purge and cleanse corruption, and it was the Church of Sarenrae that often served as a voice of moderation in mediating disputes and dispensing justice. From this time, Daveed learned the self-control and patience that often sets him apart from many holy warriors.

In time, Daveed came of age and opted to take up the sword of Sarenrae and become a paladin her service.

Link to Character
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 am, edited 26 times in total.

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Re: Daveed Sunseeker, Angelkin Paladin of Sarenrae

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Backstory v2.0 is up.

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 am

Background Bonus Trait: Good Influence (power doubled)
(WotR Combat Map|WotR Citadel Map)
(WotR Allied Armies and NPC's|WotR NPC Relationship DB)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Update: Mythic'd

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Update:
Mythic Tier 2

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:26 am

Chat with Millorn:

Code: Select all

[Begin]
After your victory today you seek out Millorn, and are directed to a larger than average tent off to the side of camp.
As you enter, you see a dwarf sized table with some alchemy ingredients and a dozen books laying open in various places within the tnt
Millorn is reading through one of the books while a potion bubbles on the table, muttering to himself as he fidgets with that dagger he always seems to have.
Charles Geckle
"Well met, Millorn."  Daveed says softly, so as not to disturb him too much.
Eric Holland
"Hmm? what?  huh?  Oh it's you.  Daveed. yes. Pleased with today's adventures?"
Charles Geckle
"I am. Our soldiers fought well, and exceeding a great deal of our expectations.  I did not expect we would be sitting outside of the enemy fortress at barely past noon on the first day of battle."
Eric Holland
"Well, it seems that the cultists here have no idea what to do with the power they've bargained for." the dwarf snorts.  "Wasted all the potential.  No matter, less mess for us to clean up."
Charles Geckle
"Potential?"
Eric Holland
"I heard there were some 200 cultists you put down?  and an equal number seem to have been captured.  If each one had sacrificed just a vial of blood, I'm sure they could have gotten a fair bit of power from some of the lower denizens.  Individually it wouldn't be much.  But I suppose a leader willing to trade with demons wouldn't be silly enough to distribute it evenly.  Keep it all for himself, and he'd be quite powerful."
Millorn looks around at some of the books laid about before waddling over to a trunk and starts shifting through some of the tomes
"I'm sure i have notes on something similar in here somewhere."
Charles Geckle
"I know little of magic, and even less of... blood sacrifice.  I doubt such information would find purchase with me."
Eric Holland
"Doesn't have to be blood.  I've heard virginity fetches a decent trade as well."
Charles Geckle
"But, tell me, Millorn, would you trade blood for such power.?"
Eric Holland
"Never tried myself.  Much too messy, and never had much to gain from trading with Demons.  Not reliable.  Arcane study, now there's reliable power.  Secrets of the multiverse."
Charles Geckle
"Perhaps, it may be due to my oath to deity of redemption and goodness, but I've never much seen the point an allying with the demons.
Consider the Worldwound forces that opposed us.  Just before our final push began, I pleaded with them to surrender, and stop defending masters who hid the citadel while they stood alone at the vangard.
Their response was that they were doing it for power.  Likely this "potential" you speak of.
But, suppose they one, and we failed.  That our mission ended in disaster, and with it, the war itself.  The demons overrun Mendev and push into the rest of the continent, leaving behind a blasted, damned world in their wake.
What amount of power could be work it to exist in a world ran by demons?  No order, no justice, no mercy.
Just death and misery.
In a world ruled by immortal fiends devoted to the violation of life itself, where would a mortal find footing?
Eric Holland
"Not much of course.  I agree completely.  Demons are too chaotic to be trusted for anything.  Devils on the other hand, given enough time to study their contracts, you have a shot at coming out ahead."
"They at least follow their rules."
Charles Geckle
"From what I've been told by former citizens of Cheliax, dealing with devils isn't as clear cut as purported."
Eric Holland
"No, not clear cut, but you at least have a chance.  And their influence tends to be a bit more... predictable in it's results."  He tosses his dagger end over end and catches it in his hand.  "Say did I hear correcty that your group took down a Chimera today?"
Charles Geckle
"We did.  It was a harrowing fight though thankfully brief."
Eric Holland
"I'd be interested to look it over.  They're fascinating magical beasts."
Charles Geckle
"Its corpse is still out in the ruins to the South.  Once we've cleared the citadel and claimed the city, you should have ample time to study it."
Eric Holland
"Marvelous!"  He looks at his dagger.  "We look forward to it."
Charles Geckle
"We?"
Daveed scans the dagger for evil.
Eric Holland
Daveed detects no evil in the dagger, and Millorn's evil is considerably weaker from when you first met him
Millor wiggles his dagger (nonthreateningly) at Daveed.  "You know Helg"
Charles Geckle
"Right, Helg."
Eric Holland
"Yep.  So asside from the Chimera, anything else interesting during your day?"
Charles Geckle
"I killed a Vrock in single combat, and talked down an enemy regiment.  Not bad, I suppose."
Eric Holland
"Very exciting."  As he says this, his potion starts to boil over and he runs over to clear his notes away before they are ruined.  "NO no no no no no no"
"I know you said to use a bigger beaker."
"Well maybe I will next time."
Charles Geckle
"I'll leave you to it.  Goodbye Millorn."
Exeunt Daveed.
Eric Holland
"Nice talking to you Sir Daveed."
Daveed hears the dwarf mutter to himself as he exits, but it doesn't sound like anything harmful.  It might be a good idea to have him take a few sessions with Sosiel though.
[end]
(WotR Combat Map|WotR Citadel Map)
(WotR Allied Armies and NPC's|WotR NPC Relationship DB)

Shankara

Dr. Goodberry

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:07 am

Tier 3
+4 hp
+2 MP/day
Absorb Blow increases to 15 points, DR 1/epic, +5 to all resistances
Amazing Initiative increases to +3
Gain "Recuperation" mythic ability
Gain "Directing the Assault" mythic ability
Mythic Feat: Mythic Leadership

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:18 am

Leveled to 10, edited build progression, and cleaned up the backstory.

As usual, input welcome.

Active Characters:
Daveed Sunseeker
Gorin

Return to “Characters”