Play by Post

yes, that dungeon

Moderator: TheDude51

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:36 am

"Alright, you don't have to be so antagonistic. Let's keep going, these guys aren't any use."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:39 am

Min starts to drive the cart forward, past the orcs and deeper into the dungeon.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Turning to the right past the corner where the orcs sit, you quickly reach another wall, again with two iron doors on your left and one on your right. You are apparently in a very large, somewhat L-shaped room.

The current Map is now linked in my sig.

All the doors, marked in blue, are heavy and bound with iron, but otherwise nondescript.

The orcs are still sitting sullenly in the corner around W5, ignoring you completely.

You guys entered the dungeon from the door at B13.

There is a foul odor surrounding the door at B4, with the general character of a skunk that has been dead for a week. Fenbar recognizes a faint whiff of troglodyte musk, although the smell is more than that.

There is another smell, fainter this time, clinging to the door at X27. Fenbar again recognizes troglodyte musk.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 am

"Any particular door preference or should we just pick randomly?" Reikel chirps. "I've got dice..."

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:18 am

"I think we should ignore the foul smelling doors," Min adds in. "I don't want to think about what is on the other side of them."

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 pm

"Yeah, ignoring those for now would probably be a good idea. I chose which door last time, it's one of your turns."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:57 am

Reikel pulls a crude die out of nowhere (a puff of logic?) and rolls it. "Ok, it's saying that door." Reikel points to the door at X22. "Any objections?"

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am

"Ok sounds good" Fenbar walks over to the door. "You guys ready?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:19 am

Reikel walks over to Fenbar, nodding his readiness.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:02 am

Min drives the wagon over to the indicated door. "Ready here."

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 pm

"Alright, here we go!" Fenbar tries to open the door. [insert sound appropriate for the weight and ease with which the door opens.]
(|)
(|)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:04 am

The door swings inward surprisingly easily and with hardly a sound.

You see an open doorway to your left. The body of an orc, his arm outstretched toward the door you are standing in, lies slumped near the middle of the room. A lone spear, its shaft broken, lays in one of the corners.

Note: light blue is open doors, dark blue is closed doors.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:48 am

Reikel scurries over to the orc. "Wonder if he's alive or if not, if he's got anything nice on him." He hops on the orc's chest and listens for breath/a pulse and if he doesn't find any, he loots the body.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 am

The orc is quite dead. Searching his body uncovers no treasure whatever, aside from the broken spear. However, you discover several holes in the orc's neck, arm, and leg. Each hole is surrounded by 8 smaller, rough punctures.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:30 am

"I wonder what made those holes," Min said, unsheathing her sword as she climbed down from the wagon.

Return to “World's Largest Dungeon”