Feature Requests

Anything is allowed, don't overdo the spam.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Feature Requests

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:24 am

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

beejazz
Darth Member
Race: Leliel
Class: You're Kidding, Right?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby beejazz » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 pm

have a random text selector for the text right below Forums of the Coast... where is currently says "Version 3.0!!!! (or is it 4? or maybe 5?)".

This is an idea inspired by my anime club boards, where the text below the title is selected randomly from a large list of famous club quotes.

I think we could use that to display some of our famous historical moments... like
"How much Non-lethal damage can you take before you die? - Judson"

as well as things like stuff we joke around about a lot, like the leader video.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:25 am

well, the text itself is set in the ACP. so where it shows up up there is actually the result of an SQL query. I'm digging around the PHPBB boards to see if there is a pre-existing mod. if not, it shouldnt be that hard to write a javascript that selects randomly from an array of Strings to set the text each time the page is loaded. would slow down load times a little though.

UPDATE: There is no pre-existing mod. So yeah, this is gonna get annoying.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:58 am

thanks to a link from dai, and a bit of reverse engineering by me, his request is now working. downside: not adminable from ACP, so the only one who can add quotes is someone with shell access or FTP access to the boards (AKA me and nobody else)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:13 am

Any chance you can get rid of the profiler's login timeout?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:03 am

I looked through the cookie code and tried to figure it out, but i can't seem to. I'll post a help request on their sourceforge page.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 am

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Zanaikin has requested an integrated dice roller for the boards. This will most likely be implemented as a BBCode. ETA: who knows, but shouldn't take more than a few months. Can't really work on it until I'm settled in the job and apartment, so I can't start for a week or two.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun May 23, 2010 1:02 am

Good news everyone! I've gotten fed up with waiting for someone over at myth-weavers to make a RPGWebProfiler (thats the system that profiler.druidsofthecoast.com runs on) sheet for Pathfinder, so I am currently grunting away at modifying the 3.5 sheet for Pathfinder.

Return to “General Discussions”