Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm

(Fort Save: 1d20+18= 28)

As he stepped up next to Jestak, his eyes and sunspot began to glow with power.

"This one now stands in the slight, against the foul shadow that your lords have cast on this land." He called back to the demon, his voice taking on a deep, otherworldly, tone as he directed his blade towards it.

(Full attack with CE active vs the Nabasu, also spending 1 MP to use Decisive Strike on Jestak (She gets a bonus attack that ignores DR and has a +3 bonus to hit))

Attack 1: 1d20+19= 30; 1d10+10= 17 [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+14= 29 (26 confirm); 1d10+10= 15 (30 if confirm) [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]

AC 32)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Daveed's first strike cuts a deep would in the demon's shoulder, causing some of Epicette's hair to recoil from around the demon's neck. With a hard strike Daveed decapitates the demon, ending his speech with a flourish of his blade.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:59 pm

Malorix channels energy in a bid to harm the bodaks. (5d6= 21 damage, DC 18)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:28 am

Bodak 1 takes the full brunt of Malorix's channel, though Bodak 2 manages to shrug off some of it.

Jestak, seeing the death of the demon at the hands of Daveed seems encouraged. She doesn't quite have the blood mist yet, but is definitely more into the swing of combat. At Daveed's encouragement, she lands a blow on B1 for moderate damage.

Aravashnial, looking back towards Millorn, takes a 5ft step back and casts Web in the stairwell hoping to catch some of the grubs coming for the dwarf. Through some miracle, Millorn manages to avoid being entangled (nat 20 on reflex save) while the Gubs are only slowed a bit (made the save exactly).

Millorn, seeing the grub swam continuing through the webs, reaches into a pocket, pulls out a small vial, opens it, snorts some of the black powder inside... and begins violently sneezing flames at the grubs. The grubs and surrounding web light on fire, but the grubs manage to resist being blown back by the force of Millorn's mighty gouts of flame.

The nabassu lies dead.

Jestak takes 2 more solid swings at B1 after 5ft stepping to get a better angle, but the tough hide of the undead creature deflects her blade both times.

The grubs manage to move 5ft closer before being entangled by the burning webs.

Henric, Cernandlon, and Epicette are up.

Enemy Summary:
B1: damaged but looking ok
B2: Damaged, below half
Nabassu: dead
Grub Swarm: damaged, surrounded by burning webs
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:10 am

Epicette was impressed that the two nonmythic wizards in the party was holding the rear under control. She steps back as her hair untangled itself from the Nabasu corpse and - with great reluctance - ensnares B2 while he's out of reach from attacking any allies.

( Grapple 12+18 = 30; CMD33 break free; damage is... not gonna get thru DR )
( She also averts her gaze; her magical hair does its thing automatically )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Henric points at the swarm since the larger enemies seem to be well under control and fires off a little blob of acid (Lesser Orb of Acid).

(Attack: 1d20+10=14 touch)
(Damage: 5d8+8=28 acid)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Cernandlon regains his psionic focus and changes his active type to undead before turning his attention to the grappled bodak. He misses, quite horribly, possible because he's still keeping an eye on the swarm of grubs.
(Attack 1 vs B2 [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Channeling, Psionic Shot, Point-Blank Shot]: 1d20+21 = 22, natural 1, auto-miss)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:54 pm

Epicette succeeds in grappling B2. Henric's ball misses any meaningful amount of grubs, and Cernandlon's arrow goes wide.

B1 5ft steps and attacks Malorix twice, the first fist connecting before he could get his shield into place. He takes 4 damage and needs to make a Reflex save vs the grubs trying to leap from the Bodak onto Malorix.

B2 is grappled and spends his action glaring at the one ensnaring him. (Malorix needs to make a Fort save vs [Death] effect)

Daveed and Malorix are up.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:24 am

(Reflex save: 13+6=19) (Fort save: 18+11=29)

Malorix glares at the undead horror attacking him, and returns the favor. (nat20, confirm 11+11=22; damage 9+5=14; crit damage if applicable 6+5=11; 25 total)

Twice. (14+8=22 damage 5+6=10)

EDIT: Forgot the prayer, like a dummy. 1 more point of damage per successful hit.
EDIT2: Also, I seem to be flanking. +2 to hit per attack, +1 from the prayer is +3 to hit.
EDIT3: And a Channel Smite for good measure. (add channel for 20 more damage, first attack.)
EDIT4: Totaled corrected attack/damage:
nat20, 11+19 = 30 confirm, 9+7=16, crit damage: 6+7=13 extra, 27 total, 20 Channel (Will DC 18 for half)
14+15 = 29, 5+8 = 13 damage
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 am

Both of Malorix's swings hit, his first being a devastating critical that opens a large gash across the creature's torso and pumping it full of positive energy. He also managed to dodge both the effects of the gaze and the grub that tried to latch onto him.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Daveed turns his attention to B1.

(Full attack with CE active vs B1 (if B1 drops after first strike, Daveed 5fts over and strikes B2 with second strike)

Attack 1: 1d20+21= 36 (28 confirm); 1d10+10+2d6= 20 (36 if confirm) [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+16= 28; 1d10+10+2d6= 24 [Cold Iron, Magic, Slashing]

AC 32
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Daveed's first strike puts down the wounded Bodak, and steps over to strike B2.

Aravashnial, hoping to take advantage of the flaming area, casts Grease on the Grub Swarm. The grubs miraculously manage to avoid the grease directly (nat 20) but the burning damage from the squares does increase as the grease ignites.

Millorn continues to sneeze fire at them, which the grubs mostly dodge again (Another Nat 20 O_o) before backing away from the creatures.

Jestak circles around the remaining Bodak, trying to follow Daveed's defensive lead and employ some tactics against the remaining enemy. She hits for a solid 15 damage. Daveed and Malorix notice that her will is back in the fight, though she seems to be trying to keep her rage in check, and fight intelligently. She also takes more Con damage as the grub tears deep cuts into her arm.

The grubs take 16 points of fire damage from being in the burning squares. They then launch themselves at Millorn, but the dwarf is luckily able to avoid taking any damage this turn.

B2 is looking pretty wounded
Grub Swarm seems to have lost some of it's number, but is still a threat. Note: grubs are Fine and thus immune to weapon damage.

Henric, Cernandlon, and Epicette are up.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

With her hair still grappling the Bodak, Epicette moves up to melee range and touches the hideous creature...

( Major Healing hex: 13+5=18 touch, 3d8+10=25 positive energy damage, Will DC23 halves )

( Reflex save: 18+8 = 26 )

Without her concentrating on it, her strangling hair unravels at the end of her action, its excess length falling to the ground before fading away.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Driving the distraction of the grubs from his mind, Ahz attempts to hit the bodak once again.

(Attack vs B2 [Vital Strike, Deadly Aim, Channeling, Psionic Shot, Point-Blank Shot]: 1d20+21 = 35)
(Damage: 2d6 (base steel arrow) + 11 (weapon, deadly aim, strength, buffs, point-blank shot) + 2d6 (vital strike) + 2d6 (psionic shot) + 2d6+4 (channeling disrupt pattern) = 46 Piercing, Cold Iron, Magic damage
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:00 am

Henric scampers away from the swarm and fires off three bolts of acid at it (Scorching Ray).

(Not using Fireball due to the difficulty of not hitting Millorn without giving the swarm cover from the stairs...)

Attack 1: 1d20+11=31 touch, confirm 20
Damage 1: 4d6+7=14 acid (pre crit, ewwww)
Attack 2: 1d20+11=19 touch
Damage 2: 4d6+7=20 acid
Attack 3: 1d20+11=20 touch
Damage 3: 4d6+7=21 acid

SR (just in case): max(2d20)+12=20

Any leftover rays after the swarm dies go to the remaining bodak.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”