Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 2.a Rescue the Riftwardens

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:10 pm

All 3 buildings have a somewhat evil aura around them. The church has a stronger Evil aura, though even this isn't particularly strong or overwhelming.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:19 pm

Epi casts Detect Magic to see what kind of spell auras we're dealing with here (can't fail the spellcraft unless they're over lvl9), as well as get an idea of where exactly these auras are coming from.

(can we see anything in these buildings? I assume these have been abandoned for decades so the windows should be broken at least... )
( Perception 9+17 = 28; +3 shadows/dark )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 pm

The Church doesn't have any windows facing you, but the Library has a few small windows to look through, and the school has some moderately large ones.

Looking at the Library, you aren't able to get much. The bookshelves look like they are still standing, though dusty and full of cobwebs. still a few books on the shelves, but generally in disarray and weathered. You're not able to see anything below about chest height based on the window placements without getting closer.

Looking in the School, the building looks even more empty. You think you might be able to make out a teacher's desk/table, and a few chairs seem to be put on top of some of the desks. You can't see anything below about waist height without getting closer.

None of the buildings look like they have any creatures in them aside from the insects flirting about.

The magic is more a residual marker than an active spell. Like what you would expect to see in a wizarding classroom that's had the wards removed.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:02 am

"The church is radiating the most evil. A good a place as any to start." Daveed noted, reading his sword and shield.

"Let's go."

(Daveed will take the forward position in the marching order.)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Malorix steels himself for whatever desecration they might find inside and takes up position near the middle of the marching order.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:11 am

You all sneak across the open market space and into the front doors of the church. The smell of death hangs heavily in the air as you look down rows of pews leading to an altar, and notice immediately that something is wrong here. Each pew has long rectangular planters of dirt with no plants in them, and the whole floor is also covered in what appears to be a layer of topsoil. Webs hang from the ceiling and you see the a moth or two captured in them still struggling for freedom. All the religious iconography has been destroyed, and the insect noises seem to have gotten louder. You can still talk in a whisper, but only barely, and only thanks to having honed your ears while adventuring.

The room is about 100ft deep, and 50ft across. There is a door to the right of the entrance, and at the end of the room there is one door leading right and one leading left.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Cernandlon waits for instructions, but refocuses his mental powers while he waits.
(Changing active type on Disrupt Pattern to Vermin)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Daveed approaches the door to the right, and tries to open it.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Epi maintains Detect Magic, scanning the surroundings for anomalies as she follows after Daveed.

She also checks up on her mother's familiar to see how they're reacting.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Daveed opens the door easily, and inside is a 10ftx50ft room that is full of boxes of apparently rotting fruit, fresh topsoil, jars of flies, as well as some vials of what appears to be water. Epicette notes that the soil in these boxes faintly registers as magic, again not strong enough to give any kind of school, and at first she almost didn't notice it. The moths and worms from the previous room continue their infestation and are fairly prevalent here as well.

The familiar hasn't had any response to whatever has been draining it's life, but you also don't "expect" another pulse for at least 10 to 15 minutes based on the previous timings. It seems to be conserving it's strength and just focusing on breathing for now.

Anyone with ranks can roll Knowledge[Religion].
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:28 pm

(Knowledge:Religion: 13+12=25)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Malorix's religious knowledge reveals that all of the maggots and bugs clearly mark this as the work of Deskari's minions who often use these creatures in religious practices and as magical foci for spells. Arcane followers of the Demon would use them as inspiration or as material components in their craft as well.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:15 pm

"Lovely. Okay, people, we've got Deskari's flunkies around here somewhere. This disgusting mess has their signature all over it. I wouldn't be surprised if they just stepped out for a moment, to come back any minute now."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Epicette looks like she wants to throw up and is trying to stay away from fly jars and rotting fruits.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm

"Let's keep moving."

Daveed moves to the next closed door, and opens it.

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”