Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Laharl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:04 am

Henric calls for a healing spell for the thrush, then turns back to it assuming it's answered Epicette's questions by then. "Were there other Riftwardens there too?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:48 pm

At the call for healing, Aravashnial pulls out a small potion, "Don't worry, I'll brew up another this afternoon." before administering it to the small bird. While the potion has an effect and the bird is able to talk more, it still seems weak which causes Aravashnial to look concerned.

"There was... one other who didn't die in the initial attack. Mmm... Maudril. A days ride to the west, in a mausoleum on the outskirts of the abandoned town... their essence has been trapped for many years. I've only just managed to escape." The bird pauses, seeming to grow weak for a moment and takes another drink of the potion. "I fear... whatever ritual... the demons... have been performing... for the past decade... is nearing... completion. You must... stop it."

Epicette and Henric can both make Knowledge [Arcana] checks to attempt to interpret what is wrong with the bird. Epicette gets +5 on this for being familiar with bonding to familiars.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 am

(Knowledge[arcana] 1d20+13=18)

Henric's eyes go wide at the mention of his last name. "So one or both of my parents lives too. We have to go make sure they're okay, and stop the demons too!" He looks like he's about to jump in the air and come down running in three directions at once.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 pm

(Knowledge[arc]: 8+20+5 = 33)

"I completely agree."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:32 pm

Henric has no clue. Epicette recognizes the shudderings of the familiar as some kind of arcane feedback, where something is drawing on or altering the life force of the Caster, and that is rippling through the familiar bond. Wherever her mother is, and whatever the demons are doing to her, it is somehow altering (courrupting?) her mother's essence and arcane nature. It seems to be wearing her down to base components of arcane power, and you are seeing the effects reflected in the familiar through the arcane bond it shares with it's caster. None of you have the faintest idea how one would go about this, or what is happening on the other end of the bond, just that it is sapping the familiars strength, and likely Epicette's mothers as well.

Anevia thinks for a moment, digesting the small bird's words, and responds "My scout group must have been close. I'll Message them to stay out of the town and scout out a perimeter. Looks like this mission is important. I'll go report to Irabeth while you gather whoever is going with you."

Aravashnial nods. "Thanks Anevia. So you two, who are we bringing to stop whatever is happening?"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:51 pm

"The entire wardstone group, of course. We'll have to hurry as well, since there seems to be some foul presence corrupting the magical bond. What about you, Aravashnial? I figure you might wish to come along as they this Riftwarden business, but I'm also wary of stripping too much leadership from Dreznen."

She then asks Anevia: "How far out were they?"

While the group gathers and make last min preparations, Epicette preps her spells for Adventuring mode with Communal Mount spells inserted into the open slots for faster overland coverage.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Anevia says that she rode back over 13 hours on a fast scouting horse, so she estimates it to be 15-16 hours ride out for a normal horse.

Aravashnial politely but firmly indicates that he is coming.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:23 am

Henric goes to gather the rest of you while Aravashnial goes to gather some scrolls, wands, and supplies. He may decide what (if anything) he wants to tell Millorn about what's going on.

Epicette looks over the bird while she gets ready. Heal check would help ID what kind of spell might help. You know that a CLW potion didn't have a lasting effect. Her Major Healing Hex seems to last a few moments but is also eventually drained away by whatever is ailing it.

Cernandlon stops by the Elven representatives and lets them know what is going on and that he will be back ASAP. (Diplomacy check please)

Malorix gathers The Blade Formerly Known As Soulshear and is ready to head out. Fortunately you were caught before preparing your spells today and may pick any chapter out of your Holy Book that you wish. See character thread as you have managed to finish reading it during downtime.

Daveed is musing over Joran's request regarding Stauton as he is notified of the mission and makes preparations to head out. He may also leave some orders with Jestak or bring her if he wishes.

Irabeth meets you at the gates and wishes you well on your quest.

Please list any buffs and/or travel methods you wish to use. Base travel time is estimated at 16 hours on heavy-warhorse-back.

DM edit: Malorix should make a Heal check as Epicette brings him a sickly thrush to heal.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:28 pm

( Heal 4+12 = 16... )
Epicette asks Malorix to examine the familiar bird because her own medical skills suck. In the meantime, her owl is trying best to comfort him/her.

Self Buffs: Greater Mage Armor (10hrs), Detect Scrying (40ft-radius, 24hrs), Threefold Aspect (normal daily buff), Overland Flight (10hrs; 40ft speed + free hustle = 80ft overland travel speed)

Party Spells:
: party treats all terrain as if it were a road/trail for purpose of overland travel speed; treat road/trails as if they were highway.

Mount (Communal): can create 5 light horses (50ft speed) for 4hrs each per casting. Although I guess we can take warhorses to start with and replace them with summoned if we lose any out in the wilderness? Thoughts?
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:30 pm

Daveed will bring Jestak.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:52 am

Henric does let Millorn know what's going on, if nothing else to avoid worrying the mercurial dwarf when he realizes he can't find any of the party. He isn't going to ask Millorn to come, but if he volunteers Henric's not going to turn down free help to save his parent.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 am

(Heal: 18+10=28)

Malorix applies a Death Ward spell to the bird, which should allow healing to stick, and a Cure Light Wounds for the healing itself. (8 hp back)

"Right. That'll keep our feathered friend alive, for now. But this won't hold it for long. He'll be good for most of the day, I think, but we have to hurry. This effect was caused by energy drain on the other end of the connection, so it's not going to be much use if we can't find whatever's sucking the life out of your mom and stop it. There are all kinds of things that could be doing this, most of them undead and none of them good news."

Malorix promptly gathers his stuff, and gives the Codex a quick read in the sixth chapter, which describes Ragthiel's fight with Deumus, the maiming of the demon, and channeling his holy power to make the wound stick. This inspirational subject matter will make his channels harder to resist. Because magic.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:23 pm

ok gang, sorry for the long delay.

Looks like the group heading out is as follows:
you 5 PC's
Aravashnial
Millorn
Jestak

Natures Paths will speed up the Heavy-Warhorse time from 16 hours down to 12. You estimate that conjured mounts (which are Light horses) would probably take somewhere in the 9-10 hour travel time

Are you just taking horses from the town, or are you using magical mounts to do this? Millorn and Aravashnial will match any castings of Communal Mount you make, but they will effectively be at CL 8.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Cernandlon is fine with a heavy warhorse if we are not conjuring mounts.

(Diplomacy [Mythic Surge]: 1d20-1+1d6 = 21)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Cernandlon is able to diplomatically ease the Elven Delegates worries about his sudden plan to leave, providing them with appropriate contacts and whatnot.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”