Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 4 - Lost Shipment (Feb 16)

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Adoett waits for Gorin and the group to finish their inspection of the bodies, and says "unless there are any objections, I'd like to move them off the path. We don't have time to bury them, but surely we can be more civilized than leaving them where they lay among the carts."

He also tries memorize any faces that he can. ( Memorize 8+9 = 17 > DC 15, success
Last edited by Squall255 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Last edited by skychan on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm

(d'oh!)

Key detail: the cargo of dragonshards is indeed, gone. There's no wheelbarrow tracks or anything like that, though. Must've been carried off in baskets or sacks.

Gorin does what he can to clean up any tracks the party made (after everything).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:31 am

After everything's and everybody's done (though maybe before Gorin cleans up our tracks), Leah gathers everybody to share findings, conclusions and to discuss what to do and where to go from now on. Seeing how she didn't find much of anything, really, she's looking to the trackers and checkers (and Ahz, since he's the most concerned party) for suggestions.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:14 pm

"I suppose the real question before we try to go after either the original brigands or the later ones who probably attacked our wayward investigator, do we have a good set of tracks to follow either group?" Koko asks, feeling relatively pragmatic, not that she could follow a giant across a sandy plain.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

Unless someone objects, Adoett is going to start gathering the remains, and bringing them over to sit at the base of a tree. If there is a tarp in one of the wagons, he then uses it to cover the bodies, as a sort of crude burial.

Goodbery uses to try to verify poison on vial.
Wisdom check: 13+4 = 17 vs DC 20 fail. I still determine if had been poisoned.

He will also use this on any arrow shafts that they might find.
Wisdom checks: 11+4 fail, 8+4 fail, 18+4 success
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:10 am

( there's only one set of tracks leading away from the area, with some bodies dragged off along with it. Gorin notices it seems to coincide with the 2nd skirmish. )

Goodberry verifies that many of the arrows had definitely been poisoned.

( Gorin: make 4 more survival checks to proceed )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 am

Wow. Such Track. Is Wilderness.

(Survival:
1d20+16= 27
1d20+16= 25
1d20+16= 30
1d20+16= 29)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Gorin follows the trails of what appears to be dragged-off bodies from the 2nd fight. They led into the jungle by only a few hundred feet, before arriving at a pit where five bodies were unceremoniously dumped into. An examination of their rotting corpses reveal that...
(1) they died probably close to a week ago, the stench is already quite horrible thanks to the climate
(2) while their valuable have been plundered, they still bear House Deneith identification and markings
(3) they were again, ambushed. Bodies peppered by arrows, some of them poisonous

Shurya is not among the dead in this pit.

Trails of several lightfooted humanoids -- somewhere between half to a full dozen -- also led away from the pit, heading deeper into the jungle, although without any dragged bodies this time. However, Gorin did notice something shining in the tall undergrowth, just around where the trail departs from the pit. Pushing aside the leaves, he finds what appears to be a signet ring of sorts: nonmagical apart for an Arcane Mark emblazoned into the gem, and sized for thinner fingers, either a woman or just an elf.

( anything else you'd like to do before continuing? -- at which point I need 3 more Survival checks xD )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 pm

"I'm getting concerned about these poisoned arrows. I will need an hour to refocus to protect us against poison. Gorrin, how confident are you that you can follow the trail if it goes cold another hour?"
(|)
(|)

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Fri May 05, 2017 2:55 pm

"I'm getting worried about feral packs of Dark Elves out to kill and eat us. Do you think if I looked like one they would be more or less likely to shoot me?" Koko asks the others, only half joking.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 05, 2017 4:50 pm

"Unless the sky opens up, the trail should endure." Gorin responds.

(Survival: 1d20+16= 28
Survival: 1d20+16= 31
Survival: 1d20+16= 24)

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 10, 2017 2:51 pm

It's a good thing that the rainy season hasn't arrived yet, otherwise the trail would have gone cold after days of rain. But with some difficulty, Gorin manages to track the trails through the jungle's undergrowth. The path was direct and did not meander at all, as though these people knew the deep jungle like the back of their palms. The trail went on for around 4-5 miles, and the skies were orange with the light of dusk by the time they arrived at a rocky outcrop.

The footsteps led into cavern that descended into the ground.

( What now? )

( Please make Fortitude saves vs Disease: Gorin, Adoett, Koko, Leah )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 12, 2017 4:28 pm

(Fort: 1d20+7= 20)

"Looks like we're going into that cave." Gorin remarked.

"Lest you want me to look for a different way in."

Active Characters:

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 pm

(Fort vs disease: 1d20 + 7 = 15)

"Are there any other tracks hinting at what we might find inside? Or how many people?"
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Return to “Game Threads”