Adoett 2.0

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Adoett 2.0

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:16 am

Rebuild in progress here:

Last edited by Squall255 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Re: Adoett 2.0

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:21 am

Feats for Approval:

You have gained additional flexibility with your
summoned weapons.
Prerequisites: Mind knight warrior path, expanded path class feature.
Benefit: As long as you maintain focus, when you wield a weapon created by call weaponry, you may choose to forgo some or all of the mind knight trance bonus to attack and damage rolls, and instead add an equal value of weapon special abilities to the weapon. These special abilities must be selected from the soulknife’s list of weapon special abilities, and your effective soulknife level for determining which abilities you can select is equal to half your psychic warrior level (rounded down). Once you have selected weapon special abilities to apply, you must spend 8 hours in meditation
to change the selected special abilities, or to dismiss the special abilities and keep the normal trance bonus. If you have levels in a class that grants you a mind blade or similar weapon (such as a mind bolt or mind arrow), you may add those class levels to your psychic warrior levels to determine your manifester level for call weaponry and your mind knight trance bonus.

Your skill with a particular weapon makes your
summoned weapons more powerful.
Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +3, mind knight warrior path, call weaponry path power, Weapon Focus with selected weapon.
Benefit: When you summon a weapon with the call weaponry path power with which you have the Weapon Focus feat, the weapon’s enhancement bonus is increased by 1 and it gains a single predetermined weapon special ability with a +1 base price modifier. The weapon special ability must be appropriate for the weapon you choose and must be selected from those weapon special abilities available to the soulknife. You can meditate for 8 hours to change which predetermined special ability it gets.
Special: You may take this feat multiple time, it effect do not stack. Each time, choose a new weapon for which you have the Weapon Focus feat to apply the benefits of this feat.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:42 am

Mind Blade Knight: accepted

Mind Knight's Arsenal: accepted
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:24 am

Pathmaster (Psychic Warrior)
There are some psychic warriors who choose to focus their study on a single path, rather than expanding their options. This particular style of psychic warrior gains mastery over their chosen warrior’s path and learns to use the tools at his disposal when others would not.

Advanced Path: At 9th level, the pathmaster gains the Advanced Path feat for his chosen warrior’s path as a bonus feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites. as a bonus feat. If the pathmaster already has the feat, he can instead choose any psionic or combat feat as a bonus feat, but he must still meet any applicaple prerequisites. This ability replaces secondary path.

For reference: Advanced Mind Kight Path:
Prerequisites: Wis 13, Psionic Meditation, Psionic Shot or Psionic Weapon, Mind Knight path class feature, manifester level 10th, base attack bonus +6

Benefit: As long as you have both Mind Knight path powers, you can manifest both Mind Knight path powers at the same time as a single standard action. Any time you manifest call weaponry, you may select one other 1st level power you know; you may manifest that power using Martial Power as if it were a Path power, as long as the attack is made using the weapon summoned. In addition, when using the Mind Knight maneuver, you gain a +1 competence bonus on the attack rolls for every four psychic warrior levels you have.

Focused Path (Ex): At 11th level, the pathmaster can take 10 on his path skills even if threatened or under duress. He can alternatively expend his psionic focus to take 15 on the path skill. In addition, at 11th level, he is treated as a psychic warrior four levels higher for the purposes of his warrior path trance. This ability replaces the bonus feat normally gained at 11th level.

Empowered Path: At 12th level, the pathmaster adds his Wisdom modifier to his manifester level when manifesting a path power. If he expends his psionic focus when manifesting a path power, the power is automatically augmented for the manifester level boost (minimum 1), but the pathmaster pays no extra power points for this boost. Instead, the additional power points that would normally be required to augment the power is effectively supplied by expending psionic focus. This ability replaces twisting paths. (basically when I manifest for free by expending focus, it's at PP 1+Wis, or I can manifest normally and get Wis added to my ML [duration and max PP cap raised]) The +Wis means my free weapons are now a +1, and my free mage armor is now +6 or +7 depending on wisdom boosts.

Master Maneuver (Su): At 15th level, once per day the psychic warrior can activate a high-powered maneuver for his path. As an immediate action, the pathmaster can activate his warrior path maneuver, gaining the benefits of the maneuver and the ability to perform the action normally associated with the maneuver. The pathmaster does not need to expend his psionic focus to activate his maneuver when using this ability. In addition, the pathmaster is treated as four levels higher for the purposes of the maneuver’s benefit. The psychic warrior gains a second daily use of this ability at 18th level. This
ability replaces pathweaving.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:23 am

Advanced Mind Knight Path is banned. Dreamscarred Press clearly (1) hasn't learned that Pathfinder action economy doesn't do to the same level of crazy as DnD3.5 action economy (2) has zero awareness of power creep and (3) clearly can't balance worth anything.

Empowered Path: just no. The only real weakness psionics has is their low PP endurance when they start augmenting (and maybe the lack of utility powers since Dreamscarred Press seems to only care about combat minmaxing). Free augmentation that can go above their normal ML? That's just wrong in so many ways; especially since the PP pool mechanic allows them to spam low-level powers (lvl20 psywar base 128PP = 128 lvl1 powers/day, now with free augmentation?)

Any character who attempts to break the AC system by using True Strike with every hit will become the target of True Striking siege engine operators and stone-throwing giants.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:02 am

Empowered path doesn't let you exceed ML with free augments.

it operates in 2 ways:

way 1: Expend Psionic Focus to manifest path power at 1+WIS Mod PP without spending PP (aka with 4-6 PP augmenting at level 12, well below max)

way 2: Manifest path power normally, and get +Wis to ML (instead of +1), raising duration/range/max allowed PP, but forcing you to pay the FULL PP cost yourself.

I was mostly counting on this to keep my Inertial Armor and Call Weaponry scaling through my prestige class.

As for the true strike trick: was not actually going to use that every round as it does still eat through PP. The better use from my mind was to allow me to pick a 1st level buff (such as one of the Defensive Precognition) to go "Oh crap I wish I had this up during this ambush" and manifest it during the first attack I make. (eliminating the dreaded Buff or Damage choice for one of my low level but low duration buffs)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Characters”