Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:07 am

That evening, Daveed is taken to one of the medical tents where a group of the clerics spend the evening under Sosiel's guidance helping Daveed combat the negative energy coursing through him. In the morning, he grabs radiance, and notices that it seems stronger. When he heads outside the tent, he glances up at the Sword of Valor and Radiance seems to confirm that the activation of the relic is what did it. (Radiance is now +3)

The rest of you have evening actions if you want to take them.

In the morning (10AM) Irabeth calls a meeting in the command tent.

Attendees include:
Anevia
Aravashnial
Aron Kir
Horgus Gwerm
Sosiel Vaenic
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 1: Rebuilding Drezen

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:05 am

Daveed goes to the meeting. He also brings the Horn of Assured Victory, suggesting it should be given to whoever will be leading the defense of the city.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:26 am

Epicette has quite a few ideas prepared for the meeting.

EDIT: also, now that Epi can teleport, she plans to take a trip back to Kenabres after the meeting to report the news + sell loot + resupply. She can take three other people with her -- although Daveed is pretty much a necessity -- so two others, who else wants to go? Alternatively if it's something simple, just ask us to buy it for you.

-----

Night Actions:

Epicette retrieves that evil polearm we took from Staunton Vhane and kicked into the pit (carrying it with some rope if need be), and lock it up somewhere safe for keeping until we figure out what to do with it.

Recharge Glowstick of Dimension Door (party goods)(7+3=10 charges)

Unseen Crafters' progress at camp today (making Stillguts [Pf:ARG])
Craft progress 2x(25x3[8hr])*25[DC]/7 + 391 = 926/500sp (1 completed)

Session #1 [4hrs]: finishes work on the Stardust Cascade robe.
( Spellcraft is high enough I can't fail on this... )
( Progress 13,380+3,000= Finished!/14,130gps )
( Cost: [14,130-380mundane] * 28.33% = 3895.38 )

Session #2 [4hrs]: crafts a Detect Scrying scroll -- accessed through Arcane Enlightment spirit hex -- and feeds it to her familiar
( cost: 700 * 28.33% = 198.31 )

Sleep for 2hrs
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:26 am

Malorix announces his intention to start purifying Drezen's magic forge as his first order of business, and spends part of the night researching how that might be accomplished. He also takes a moment to check on the prisoners he was speaking to prior to the assault on the citadel.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Assuming Malorix tells someone like Anevia or Irabeth of his intention shortly after leaving the dungeon, they tell him to hold off his research until tomorrow afternoon when they have finished gathering and organizing the intel and books found in the castle. They are sure there will be at least a small pile of books labeled "Corruption Forge".

The prisoners are right where Malorix left them.

The soldiers around Epicette's tent are a little startled around 2AM when a slightly over excited Epicette exlaims "FINALLY!" upon the completion of her robe.

Epicette needs to make a DC 19 Spellcraft for her familiar to learn the scroll. Nat 1 (which I'm sure still passes) means your familiar learns it, but will have a very upset tummy this evening.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 pm

(rolled a nat8 for 30 Spellcraft)

Minor change of plans: we'll still be teleporting back to Kenabres to report/resupply, but instead of selling off all the loots, we'll sell off a part of it at most (20%?) and launch a PR campaign to draw more merchants and artisans to Dreznen. This plus existing raw gold should buy us enough crafting materials to use for the moment. Having more loot to sell in Dreznen will help build up the city's economy faster.

If not enough PCs want to come, Epi will talk to Sosiel about helping out. He is a priest to the deity of artisans.

As she's in a happy mood (humming something about a holy water fountain), Epicette makes a soup base for the army's breakfast first thing in the morning before the meeting (she'll prep spells afterwards).
( Craft[cooking] 12+14 = 26 )

Also to note: although Epi has been wearing her robe as it slowly completes, the finished work is truly a piece of art dedicated to the Goddess Desna
Stardust Cascade
Dyed in midnight blue, this courtier's dress is a worn tribute to Desna and the Ritual of Stardust [Pf:FoP30]. Layers of sheer silk cover the brocade dress, where embroidered swallowtails are carefully positioned alongside artful patterns of silver glitter and threads charting out the stars. In the right lighting, it conjures the image of butterflies dancing amidst a cascade of stardust over a glittering star map.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:54 am

Daveed intends to go. He plans to start recruiting a company of Sarenites (that's what I'm going to call followers of Sarenrae, deal with it) to station in Drezen and begin aiding in the redemption process for captured enemies.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Irabeth calls the meeting to order, a smile wide across her face. "Congratulations all on a grand first push against the demon horde. I have gathred us here to begin discussing the rebuilding effort. Sosiel, i believe you have something to report?"

Sosiel takes the floor, after giving Daveed an appraising look. "Yes. This morning i cast a sending to the queen to inform her of our success. She was deeply greatful and said she would be sending us more troops shortly. It is her majesty's wish that Irabeth be placed in control of the city, while the Heroes continue to plan our military efforts. Unless there are any objections, I return the floor to you Irabeth."

Irabeth then makes the following apointments:
Spymaster: Anevia
Captain of the Guard: Aron Kir
Chief Engineer: Aron Kir
Treasurer: Horgus Gwerm
The rest of you (including Aravashnial and Sosiel) are considered Chief Advisors.

"I understand Sir Malorix would like to head the purification of the Corruption Forge. Unless there is an objection, the task is yours. Now it is time to discuss the last two topics. Plans for the restoration and defences of Drezen, and what to do with the 3 prizoners you retrieved last night. Joran still hasn't woken up to my knowledge, and Staunton hasn't said a word. I haven't had an opportunity to check on the tiefling caster yet."

She jestures that the floor is open for discussion.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:14 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:44 am

In response to the "Holy Water Fountain":

"I'm neither an engineer nor a spellcaster, so I'm in no position to speak on the practicality of Lady Epicette's project. However, I wholly believe in her ingenuity as well as her knowledge of, well... everything. For what's it's worth, I support the project."

Comments on the prisoners:

"I've not made it down to speak to Joran, his brother, or their arcane companion, but I plan to do so as soon as possible. I'll be spending some time this evening reading through Staunton's journal. Hopefully, it will yield some insights."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:51 am

(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 am

After Epicette's proposals, there are the following reactions:

General water concerns: you have plenty of low level clerics who can cast Create Water many times per day.

Aron Kir will be in charge of consolidating resources from the town.

Anevia will be in charge of leading local scouting parties (About a 1 day march out), but the PC strike team will be responsible for exploring further afield.

Construction Materials: Good ideas, Aravashnial is happy to help, but recommends you guys deal with Millorn if you want him to help.

Fountain reactions:
Anevia: "This magic is beyond my understanding. I'll leave it to you casters to figure out. Seems like an interesting idea though."

Aravashnial: "I see how it could be useful. I'm neither a craftsman nor a divine caster, so I'm not really sure how you'd make it work. I wonder what effect trying to grow crops with Holy Water will have." After that he seems a little lost in thought trying to think of all the everyday uses of water, and how Holy Water would affect them.

Aron Kir: Intrigued, wants to discuss the basic process to make some mounted water turrets for handling fires.

Irabeth: "While I like the idea on a base level, I'm concerned what we will have to do to facilitate keeping prisoners, or those that we are trying to redeem within the region. I don't think Millorn or Jestak would react well to drinking this potent Holy Water of yours, and forcing them into segregated 'unpurified' water sources won't help endear them to us."

Horgus Gwerm: "I'll do what I can with the books and finances, but don't expect a miracle. There's only so much money to go around at the moment. Your resource saving spells will be a great help, but you may have to wait until the area and trade routes are built up enough to get some income going."

Sosiel: "I... have never heard of a spell that could do something like that, though to be honest most of my crafting is more in the artistic rather than magical or functional realms. It's been a while since I've done any kind of stone work, and would love to help design the fountain. Even if we can't get the magic to work, it'll be a good place for our clerics to cast Create Water for the next few months."

Irabeth gives the group leave to interrogate the prisoners and bring suggestions to her for how to handle them.

Aravashnial asks Sosiel to help him look into the evil weapon the group recovered.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 pm

Epicette responds to Irabeth: "We can give them normal water; but we would also know if someone is receiving normal water all the time, just as it would be noticeable if someone is bringing their own water to all public functions."

She also nods to Horgus: "Well since enough people think this is a potentially good idea, I'll talk to you about finances once I can narrow down the costs to something more firm."

-----

After Irabeth gives everyone leave, Epicette accosts Sosiel around the same time as Aravashnial. After listening to Aravashnial, she asks them to agree on a location to do their investigation so she can join them after she and Daveed interrogates Joran. She also notes that since Malorix is planning to do some investigative work on the Corruption Forge, and if the forge could be harnessed for good, then that may provide an answer on how to deal with the weapon right there. Furthermore, she would like to talk to Sosiel about the fountain herself.

-----

(Epicette is not planning on joining the conversation with Staunton or the tiefling caster)

After the talk with Joran and bringing him plenty of food to eat, Epicette visits whenever Aravashnial and Sosiel is working and see what progress they're making.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Aravashnial and Sosiel are making good progress but taking it slow. They will likely have a full report around dinner and are hopeful to compare notes with Malorix about the Corruption Forge.

Sosiel suggests you go talk with Aron about some plan he is hatching up on the tower. Aron seemed really interested in your proposal of 300 gallons of water a minute.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Epicette takes Sosiel's suggestion. But before she leaves, she warns the two that if she remember right, during the fight against Staunton yesterday -- the weapon actively summoned a demon; so it's very possible that the weapon itself could take independent action and cast spells.

Unless they need help, she'll see them at dinner then.

-----

As Epicette hasn't had a chance yet, she prepares spells first before going off to meet Aron, with a heavy construction dedication (and just a few combat spells) this time.

Arcane Enlightenment: Stone Shape, Wall of Stone
Lvl1[4+2]: Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Identify, [Open x3]
Lvl2[4+2]: Investigative Mind, Unseen Crafter x 5
Lvl3[3+2]: Greater Mage Armor, Haste, Unseen Crafter x 3
Lvl4[3+1]: Detect Scrying, Stone Shape x 2, Threefold Aspect
Lvl5[2+1]: Wall of Stone x 3

She sets the Unseen Crafters on alchemical crafting at camp before departing.

-----

Epicette goes off to meet Aron at the tower, to discuss not only the fountain but the reconstruction as a whole. She notes that the holy water fountain will essentially be a much-upgraded version of the Decanter of Endless Water. She dug up an old spell that could be used to achieve the holy water effect, but it has some unnecessary elements within the spell's algorithm which could be taken out to reduce costs. She intends to talk to Sosiel about help on this, as well as on the design of the fountain itself.

The fountain could also be installed at a chokepoint, such as an inner gate or at the entrance to the citadel, so the decanter could be swiveled and aimed to spray an endless column of holy water straight into attacking foes. But other than a flexible swivel, it should be fixed in position so infiltrators can't steal it easily.

Upon hearing about Aron's idea (per GM) of using a Decanter of Endless Water to fight fires, she comments that it would be effective, and not too expensive either. But funds are the real limitation here.
|

()

Return to “Chapter 3 - Demon's Heresy”