Fires of Creation, Part IV

Moderator: littleangryman

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Fires of Creation, Part IV

Postby littleangryman » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:11 pm

After leveling up, doing whatever shopping needs doing, and receiving their masterwork weapons from Mr. Otterbie (morningstar for Niles, light crossbow for Harskgun, and dagger for Manizei,) the party reenters the habitat module. They make their way through the now-active, and really quite lovely, artificial desert and into the set of rooms where was fought the strange undead alien. There a door stands, deliberately sabotaged by the alien in an attempt to force the party to confront him. Confront him you did, but the sabotaged door remains.

The damage to the otherwise functional door looks simple enough. Anyone who wants to repair it, give me a Disable Device or Craft: Mechanical check.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Fires of Creation, Part IV

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:44 am

"Stand back and cover me." Niles instructs, as he gets to work on the door.

(Disable Device: 1d20+11= 20)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Niles effects the necessary repairs, and the door in the hallway slides open. You notice a sign next to the door that reads (in Androffan, of course) "Science."

Beyond the door, you see a large metal desk with blinking lights and strange glowing panels, sitting atop a raised area on the east side of the room near a circular table. Two couches covered in black material sit to the south, as do a pair of black metal pillars. Splatters of dried blood stain the floor and walls near the door to the north, while here and there, patches of rust-red mold and fungus cling to the southern wall. The room itself is brightly lit by glowing panels on the ceiling.

Two doors lead onward: the one to the north with all the bloodstains, or a large double door near the desk and table. How do you proceed?

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Before entering the room, Niles takes a good look around, and also sees if he can identify that fungus/mold.

(Perception: 1d20+11= 20
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20+7+1d6= 17)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:57 am

It looks as if this is where Gerrol picked up his russet mold infection. Closer inspection, however, reveals it to be inert, as if the remainder of that expedition neutralized it already.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:50 am

Niles moves into the room and inspects the desk with the glowing "whose-'a-whatsits".

(Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20+10+1d6= 24)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm

It's a desk. With monitors. Seems to have belonged to some sort of security personnel at some point. Most of these monitors either don't work or show nothing remarkable, but one shows a room with a number of beds and a large metal pod large enough to hold a man being guarded by several robots.

Poking around the desk also reveals a storage closet tucked away behind it, and not readily visible from the doors. It responds to you black access card, and contains several lockers, which in total yield:

-Bits of technological junk and/or spare parts, probably worth 60 GP to Torch's junkmaster.
-a flashlight
-3 batteries
-26 silverdisks

One small security bin at the back of one of the lockers is marked with white paint and its electronic lock does not respond to any access card currently in your possession. If you want to open it regardless, give me a Disable Device check. (You have that e-pick and the Technologist feat, so no penalties.)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Niles drinks an infusion of Ant Haul and then attempts to open the locker.

(Disable Device: 1d20+11+1d6= 1d20+11= 31)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Harskgun inventories the discoveries so far and packs them away.
(Propitiation for the day is Craft [Mechanical], so I have a +10 if needed, +14 if dealing with metal or stone)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:25 am

Her musket held ready, Manizei keeps an eye on the doors while the others attempt to open the locker, just in case their attempts make noise or otherwise draw unwanted attention. After the last visit down here, she is just a bit jumpy.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 am

Just as Niles is about to give up on the lock in frustration, he has a flash of inspiration and it opens right up. inside are a strange weapon, four different spherical objects, and what appears to be some sort of clothing or armor. (Know: engineering to identify.)

There remains the matter of which door to leave the room through: large double door, or the one that looks like it's had a battle happen inside?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:11 am

(Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20+10+1d6= 29)

(DM EDIT: What you have here are: two bang grenades, a soft grenade, and a flash grenade (Technology Guide pg. 46) as well as a timeworn stun gun (TG pg 55, 28) and a suit of neraplast armor (adventure path pg 60; let me know if you need the actual description and I'll type it up.))

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:53 am

(Right. Well then.. *tosses coin* Blood hallway it is!)

The hallway to the north is marred by bloodstains and scorch marks, indicating a pitched battle taking place here relatively recently. Four tangled mounds of scrap, identifiable with some concentration as destroyed robots, lie scattered about. Two doors, one to the west and one to the south, end the hallway. The blood trail, which looks as if whatever was bleeding was being dragged, goes through the western door. How do you proceed?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:00 am

Niles tucks away the armor and grenades, and also moves some rolled papers out of an open case so that he can "holster" the stun gun.

(Can Niles determine how many charges the armor and the gun have?)

(DM: (5 charges for the stun gun, and 6 for the armor)

Afterwards, he inspects the pile of scrap for anything of interest.

(Perception: 1d20+9= 23)

(DM: Destoryed robots. Good for another 20 GP's worth of scrap, but more importantly, most appear to have been done in by magic consistent with what you've heard is Khonnir's style.)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:24 am

Harskgun scowls as they examine the demolished robots. "Khonnir's been here. Can't tell how recently, but he's been slinging some spells down here."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Threads”