Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:18 pm

Init: 1d20=5
Survival: 1d20+12=29

Adoett is guarding the party's, how you say, rears.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:55 pm

(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20)
(Survival: takeHighest(2d20)+8 = (10,18)+8 = 26) (I have Advantage for Getting along in the wild, Dealing with severe weather, Keep from getting lost, Avoiding natural hazards, and Predicting the weather, so I'm going to assume I have advantage here)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

Know [nature]: 1d20+7= 19

Profession [Herbalist]: 1d20+11= 30

Passive perception: 18 (23 vs marked plants)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:14 am

(Initiative: 1d20+4= 17
Survival: 1d20+13=28
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+9= 18)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 pm

Leah:

[Initiative: 1d20 + 7 = 15]
[Survival: 1d20 + 5 = 18]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:26 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:29 pm

As the party walked along in the gardens, Gorin was the first to spot something unusual, followed immediately by Goodberry as halts the group. About 30ft away and just off the paved footpath was a patch of shrubs; sticking out from them were several small flowering bushes -- around 3ft-tall with a thick trunk and small whip-like branches. Each branch was topped with a blood-red flower and deep, rich green leaves.

Even more ominous were the half-buried, mostly-concealed wood and leather and steel beneath each bush, which one could just barely make out as discarded equipment that once belonged to adventurers.

Just as awareness rose towards the unusual flowers, their petals turned towards the group, stigma opening to reveal thorny seeds dyed in a bloody crimson...

( first up: Koko and Ahz )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:54 pm

When he calls the halt, Goodberry sends over the telepathy "Avoid the stingers. Disease."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Ahz moves up (5' step), draws his staff, and launches two bolts of force out.
(Lesser Apeiron Staff of Force on BB1 and BB2, burning 6 charges (powerful bolt and split bolt) and sacrificing a 1st level spell)

(auto-hits, 1d4+8 = 9 Force damage to BB1 and BB2)
(Well, a colossal 'fuck you' to you too, RNG)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:01 pm

Koko's weak shot bounces off the plant's thick stems...

Ahz's force bolt leaves a minor gash on each of them; it seems like these plants are quite durable

The first flower (BB1) turn towards the party and fires a volley of six seeds through the air.
-- two at Goodberry, with one hit for 4 piercing damage. Goodberry can actually feel the germinating seed trying to dig into his composite wooden body and... totally not working. Being a walking tree is nice...
-- two at Koko, who skillfully dodges both.
-- two at Gorin, with one hit for 3 piercing damage (make a Will save; vs Fear and vs Disease).

( next up: Gorin, Goodberry, Leah, Adoett )

( Note that shooting through a square of foliage that's further than 5ft away from you gives the target concealment )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:40 pm

Leah draws her bow in an instant, steps off the path [D4 to E3] to gain an obstacle-free line of fire and focuses her trained senses on the closes plant [Studied Target on BB1]. Then she lets loose an arrow.

[Studied Target: +1 to Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, Survival, Attack, Damage vs. BB1]
[Attack: 1d20+7+1 = 17 Damage: 1d6+0+1 = 3]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:40 am

Noting the seed's ineffectiveness on him, Goodberry rushes into melee and tries to attack BB1.

Move action: 30 ft forward (H4 -> N4)
Standard action: using with my slam attack.

Melee attack roll: 1d20+4 = 18

Slam damage: 1d4 = 3
Steal Health damage: 8

Steal Health Healing: 8, using to share half with Gorin.

Net Healing: 4 healing to self (restored to full), 4 healing to Gorin (healed to full).

Note to DM: if I can't channel through my natural slam attack, the attack roll becomes melee touch and ignore the slam damage roll.

*What strange plants these are. Time for them to aid us instead of harm us* he thinks as he drains the life force from the one.
Last edited by Squall255 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:46 am

Adoett advances and then nasty-looking claws grow from the backs of his hands (Claws of the Beast, 1PP => 1d6 damage, 1 hour).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:20 am

(Will: 1d20+9= 21)

Gorin let's loose a savage growl in response to his wound and then charges BB1.

(Charge attack with spear
1d20+7= 23; 1d8+3= 11 [piercing])
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Return to “Game Threads”