+5 Thread of Character Discussions

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

+5 Thread of Character Discussions

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Discuss what you want to play here. Remember, teamwork makes the dream work.

Approximate Lineup:
Human Vigilante
Halfling Unchained Rogue
Human Telepath
Elan Dread
Unknown Race Psychic
Tiefling Cavalier
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: +5 Thread of Character Discussions

Postby Berryshine » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

Well, guess I start. Halfling rogue. Former slave, will probably be taking advanage of the situation to free other slaves if he gets the chance. Very good at the social and sneaky skills, not so much good in a straight up fight, although there's always shanking people while they're distracted. Might be working with someone more established/upper-class-y, posing as their slave to let him move around without as much attention on him than if he was walking around obviously free.

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:13 am

I'm working on a vigilante, so I'll be filling one of three yet-to-be-determined roles: stabbity death, sorta-arcane-support (sorc/wiz list, but really limited spells/day), or sorta-divine-support (inquisitor list).
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Avsob
Copper Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Avsob » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 am

Hey,
I'm looking at two possibilities for my character.
Monk - on a pilgrimage and discovering the corruption and oppression of Kintargo and determines that he will give aid to those that are oppressed because it is right.
Rogue - A former socialite and scoundrel this character would have been caught in the wrong bed, imprisoned and tortured. Either released or escaped with a thirst for revenge on those in power that had been thought of as friends but did nothing to aid them.

Monk would be a Lawful Good character, probably a strong Sentinel for the party. The Rogue would likely be Chaotic either Neutral or Evil depending, and either a good Recruiter or Spymaster.

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 pm

I'm pretty set on making an Elan Dread. I'm still hammering out details/going through the player guide, but the basics are that she belonged to a coven (cult, sect, whatever) of Calistra that was disbanded/killed when her worship was outlawed. Her schtick is that she's attempting to become a sort of folklore figure so that her name itself carries a sort of anxiety and fear. A mystery wrapped in an enigma that leaves you wondering why you just wet yourself. But I promise she's kind of a good guy. ;)

She's likely going to be wielding a whip and will be focused on really messing with the mind using fear and nightmares. She'll be good at intimidating others and sewing deceit and confusion (hopefully among enemy ranks).
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling

Postby Berryshine » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:54 am

As for alignment/officerness of my halfling social rogue, I'm thinking CG/CN and Demagogue or Spymaster would make the most sense.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:43 pm

As a vigilante I get two alignments, so i'll probably go True Neutral for Social Identity and Chaotic Neutral for Vigilante Identity.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:22 am

Alright you got me. I'm thinking Cavalier, though dunno about archetype. Probably going with one of Drew's custom Orders, likely Order of the Rose.

I'm thinking Strategist as primary character concept (though I may need some OOC help with that). Current thoughts are to have an Axebeak(chocobo) mount, so Partisan could also make some sense. I was planning some kind of merchant background, and competence managing our trade/supply routes.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:46 am

Current thoughts on officers:

Demagogue: Elan Dread
Partisan: Vigilante?/ Occult?
Recruiter: human rogue?/ Occult?
Sentinel: human monk? / vigilante?
Spymaster: Halfling Rogue
Strategist: Cavalier
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:58 pm

Updated the approximate lineup.

Recall also that you do not necessarily need one of each officer. I wanted six players because I thought that would be neat, but, this is your organization, and if you decided to, say, not take a Partisan at all and have multiple Spymasters for a Secrecy-heavy organization, that would be your prerogative.

Also, while I think that Tasia would make a good Demagogue, I'm not sure her Dread would. Unless you're going more for a Terrorist Cell than a Rebellion. Again, your prerogative.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:13 pm

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:33 pm

A valid criticism. Perhaps I should have said, "an organization with a larger focus on militancy and fear tactics".

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:58 pm

I saw it more as she would be good at reminding our supporters of what scared them into joining us in the first place. "Remember the future you saw with THEM in charge? Let me show you again. This is what we're fighting against."
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Wouldn't that be sort of self-defeating?

Active Characters:

Return to “Characters”