Berryshine's Paladin

Moderator: littleangryman

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Berryshine's Paladin

Postby Berryshine » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Well, playing is something I can do. Running games is, very much, not my thing.

Anyway, Been talking to Sajuuk, and ran these ideas past him.

Changeling Paladin of Shelyn.
That race, in the player's guide for Iron Gods, requires DM approval. Sajuuk said it wouldn't be a problem, but it'd be better to make sure and ask for approval anyway.
Then, two slightly different ideas I had, that, again, I'd rather run by you first than just go with.
First, the Skymetal Smith trait. Gives me a 100 gp skymetal art object. On the other hand ... paladin of Shelyn. The one deity where their holy symbol totally would count as an art object. Not wanting any special rules, just asking if I can use that skymetal object as a regular, standard holy symbol in addition to its bonuses as listed in the trait. If we even get to the level where I get spells.
Then, was chatting about the tech, and had an idea. Paladin of Shelyn, who also worships Brigh. Had the idea of her finding beauty in perfectly made clockwork, in the motions of the gears and such. It seems like the idea would fit between the two deities; a lover and protector of beauty in general, with a passion for machinery in particular. As Shelyn would probably say, everything is beautiful, if you find the right way to look at it.
And since Sajuuk keeps going on about it, can I use those catfolk claw blades from the Advanced Race Guide?

Roles: Melee, Diplomacy, Healing (secondary, level 2)

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Berryshine's Paladin

Postby littleangryman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:16 am

Approved. Just find a way to explain the claw blades in your backstory (yes, I'll need one from everyone) and they're yours.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:12 pm

And sheet . Money is probably not right, and I abused the two Craft skills for cheap gear. Also, I should stop listening to Sajuuk when making characters, he is a bad influence and now I have a gun paladin.
Description and history still need doing, but rough draft outline;
Was found and raised by wealthy, but childless family in Qadira. Fell in love with crafting, and finds most of the beauty in her life in really well made things, like weapons and armour. Rich family encountered someone with a gun, and she begged and begged until they caved and aqcuired a crappy battered musket from Alkenstar. Then she spent the rest of her time split between working on said gun, and praising Shelyn. Until she worked up the nerve to finally leave Qadira and head to Torch where there's so much new interesting stuff being made. Then the game happens.
Not sure how to explain the claw blades past a random burst of inspiration making her decide to make sharp metal bits to put on her sharp finger bits, but at this point they've turned into secondary, rather than primary, weapons, so I could dump them easily enough.

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Sword and Pistol feat later on, and they'll be primary weapons again
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 am

I suppose that works. You'll want a different bonus language though, as I'm fairly sure you don't have enough points for Ancient Osiriani (see rules post.)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 am

Changed to modern Osirioni. Hallit would probably be more useful, but Orisioni would fit the history, especially the gun-related parts, better.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

I hate to pick nits, but you're still carrying more than a light load. If that's intentional, ignore this comment.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:37 pm

I talked with him yesterday, it's intentional.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Yeah. First draft of the character had a much higher strength, but, to be fair, I'm planning on sticking her in a breastplate at some point, and the armour check penalty from that is slightly worse than the encumbrance penalties. The 20 ft movement will probably be a little annoying, but it was something she was going to get eventually anyway, so I'll just have to deal.

Plus, with 10 str, my armour and weapon alone put me past a light load.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 pm

Physical Description
If one were to glimpse Manizei for just a second they would most likely identify her as a Keleshite of wealth, nobility or both.
Perhaps a touch smaller than one would expect, standing only four and a half feet tall, but the dusky skin, shining black hair and, of course, the clothing mark her as Keleshite.
Although the lower half of her face is typically veiled, her eyes are left on display most of the time, and that is usually where the first oddities are noticed. One eye is as expected, a deep, dark brown, while the other is a stormy gray.
Her clothing, although as loose, light and heavily embroidered with gold and silver thread as one would expect, occasionally shifts enough to reveal light chainmail beneath it and Manizei's hands, usually in constant motion as something new attracts her interest, seem to end in nails that are rather longer and sharper than usual. Carried with her is a weapon rarely seen, a long gun from Alkenstar's forges, a masterpiece of polished wood and shining steel.

Social Description
Young and just a little naive, Manizei's youth shows through in several ways, most notably her eagerness for, apparently, just about everything. When she meets someone, she doesn't just say that she's happy to meet them - she very clearly is. Whenever she gets into a forge, her attention latches onto whatever project she's there for and doesn't stray until she's done. Whenever something new comes along she wants to see it, to Understand it.
One of the things generally forgotten about the followers of Shelyn, is that they believe there is beauty in everything, and Manizei seems determined to find it, no matter where she goes.

Background
The only child of a moderately wealthy Qadiran family, Manizei grew up in probably one of the best places for a girl with her inquisitive nature. While others may have tolerated or indulged her habit of taking absolutely everything around her apart to see how it worked, in Qadira she was encouraged. When she discovered her love for shaping metal, her family was behind her completely.
Her choice of religion, while unusual, was agreed to suit her perfectly. From a young age she had been finding beauty in the world around her, in properly tempered and perfectly formed steel, in the intricate links of chainmail, in everything that was worked by someone's hands into something greater than it had been.
As she grew older and more restless, her parents decided to indulge her, combining a business trip with giving her a chance to accompany them to Alkenstar. Although the trade mission her parents had wanted ended up in failure, Manizei managed to aqcuire an old and battered musket.
On the returning journey was when Manizei's life ceased to be sheltered. Not that she or her family came under attack, however. It was, in fact, another, smaller group that came under attack in the Mana Wastes. Although the sensible thing to do - as instructed by her parents - was simply to keep going and get out of the area before the waste mutants moved on in search of more targets, Manizei found that she couldn't. She didn't know who was in the little group, nor, she discovered, did she really care. They were people, they needed help, and she was there. It was fortunate for her that it was only a small band of mutants, but the incident set a trend for the rest of her short life.
When she saw others in danger, she would help. When she found others in need, she would help. She simply couldn't find it in herself to refuse what she knew she could do.
This attitude is what helped her integrate easily into Qadira's tiny Shelynite community, and, as she matured into adulthood, set her on her current path. As she aged, her restlessness continued to grow and her wanderings increased, leading her to Torch, the only place on Golarion where skymetal can worked easily.
The situation in Numeria, with the Technic League's blatant mistreatment of the locals, has kept her in Torch since the flame died. She doesn't know how to help the people there, but she knows they will need it soon enough.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am

Excellent job, Berry. I knew you had it in you.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:03 am

Updated to level four. Wis got bumped up and Charisma is high enough to be able to cast Cure Light Wounds (or other 1st level paladin spells, but that's what she'll be preparing every day unless something comes up) once a day.

Return to “Characters”