Reign of Winter - Part 1

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Reign of Winter - Part 1

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 am

"Agreed. Let's head out."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Shortly after entering the Border Wood, the trail passes through a small clearing before continuing uphill and out of site, screened by the thickening trees and undergrowth. Next to the trail lies a chest, half-buried in snow. The further you go into the Wood, the colder and snowier it seems to get. Just the little distance to this clearing has seen the snow reach past the ankles of the group.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:37 pm

"Well, it's likely to only get colder as we continue on from this point. So, if you have any cold weather gear, now would probably be the time to don it."

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:21 am

Izora still doesn't feel cold, protected by the magic of her earrings as she presses on through the snow to inspect the chest.

(Yay, endure elements!)

(Perception: 1d20+7 = 17)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:11 am

Tessa is uncomfortable, but used to it. She pauses wile Izora inspects the chest. "Izora? Find anything interesting?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Berryshine
Darth Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:53 am

Without disturbing either the chest or the snow surrounding it, Izora cannot see anything amiss here.

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:27 pm

"Anyone think we should open the chest?" Izora asks.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:34 pm

"If someone would kindly make sure it isn't trapped, I see no reason why not. You'd be surprised what people put traps on, where they leave said trapped objects, and what they forget about afterwards."

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:15 pm

"Aye, might as well check the chest for traps. There's enough weirdness here that an abandoned chest in the woods would primed to kill someone."

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:22 pm

As the group stands there in the snow, looking at the half-buried chest, the cold begins to settle in on them. If they wish to remain here, they may want to start a fire. Or, they could start moving around again, warming themselves through exertion.

OOC: Also, is anyone actually going to go poke the chest, rather than agreeing that it would be a good idea if someone did so?

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:25 pm

Baragrim pokes the chest with the end of his Greataxe. Trying to open it, if he can.

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:36 pm

The chest was apparently unlocked, as it swings open at Baragrim's prodding. It also rocks slightly, something underneath it rattling with the motion - and a previously unseen rope revealing itself as the chest opens, slithering off into the snow as the expected trap goes off.

The unfortunate dwarf only has a moment to react before a shower of snow falls from a nearby tree, a large spiked log swinging out from its hiding place and smacking hard into his shoulder.

At this point the chest falls over backwards, metal and leather glinting in the snow beneath it.

OOC: And there goes the trap. 5 hp damage. Rolled high on the attack, but low on the hurt, which, I guess, is something.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 pm

(OOC: Er.... we DO have a rogue, don't we?)

Tessa sighs. "I figured as much. Well, let's see what someone was so keen to protect." She makes sure Baragrim is ok, then inspects the contents of the chest.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:59 am

The chest is empty.

Underneath it, however, seems to be the equipment taken from the bodies of the convoy's guards.
In total, there are five intact sets of leather armour, three sets of studded leather, a rather well made chain shirt, two light wooden shields, seven longswords, two spears, a finely crafted dagger, three light crossbows and twenty-five bolts.

(OOC: Or, some common gear, plus a masterwork chain shirt and a masterwork dagger. Also, I don't think you actually have a rogue. Yet. I know someone is planning on taking their character that way, though.)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:04 am

If no one objects, Tartessa will take the masterwork chain shirt. She already has the regular version, so it's not terribly important, but a lower ACP would be nice.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Game Threads”