Character Discussions

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Character Discussions

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 pm

The bombs were the real wall-banger (no one else can throw them? really?), but fortunately we have grenades now so its all good.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Technically you have to mix the components of a bomb before you throw it, so THAT bit makes sense Judson. But yes, me taking the Grenade discovery fixed that issue. Now if people would just take up the offer when I say I have bombs for them.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:01 am

We did. They were really, really helpful in dealing with those trees.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

I think the next step is clearly to mount a grenade-firing autocannon on our shiny new tank.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Well the shiny tank already has a flamethrower, 50 ft. move speed, and a 23 str.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:55 pm

So--- we've recalibrated so many things and added so many exceptions for the engineer class that I figure I might as well as retype the rules for one organized document... and I did. Still not done yet, but you can find it in the custom class thread.

also taking the opportunity to make more changes:
-- Lightning Caster changed to Lightning Blast (it's not magical right?), and made it save-based since just about every chain-type effect I know is save-based. Rolling saves vs 1 DC is also easier than rolling attack against buncha different ACs.
-- Disable Construct actually disables/dazes the construct, rather than being "Entangle Construct".
-- Hacking changed to Reprogram Construct, little more appropriate termed.
-- Overshield can now be recharged.
-- Turret [!] added rules of issuing orders to turrets which for some reason was missing before for some reason (I was really tempted to get into IFF and all that xD). Also, you may now lay down multiple turrets; it doesn't make much sense otherwise, and given these guys' weaknesses (crappy range, crappy attack bonus lest upgraded) it shouldn't be a problem. We'll try it out I guess. But as I've said before, the biggest balancing limiter to this class is simply the fact it burns thru artifice points way too quickly =P Unlike old-psionics which the same complaints apply to though, this class doesn't output damage very fast either.
-- Exoskeleton ability is upgraded and its functionality slightly better specified. I agree that it originally sucks for a lvl19 ability that I can think of very little reason to use it.
-- Capstone ability modified.

Overall, the modified Engineer really is a master-of-all-tools class. Best used as a skills- and utility- focused class, but also with some excellent defensive, offensive, and field control potential depending on how you build it. Can be a master at trapfinding and dealing with constructs, but certainly doesn't come up to par against artillery-mages or field-control-druids. A properly built companion+exoskeleton may give pause to a fighter though.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:27 am

Finished writing up the engineer... and made two more changes:
--- reworded Tool Kit function so it can emulate more than just core tools, also gave it a powerup as I thought it was too weak to bother getting (why emulate when it doesn't cost much to buy the mwk tool?)
--- Reprogram Omni-Tool changes only 1 function at a time, but takes only 1d4 hours to do it. More useful, I'd say, when you need something else in a 'relative' rush.

EDIT: added languages of each country to the World thread. Currently used includes: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Dwarven, Giant, Abyssal, Aklo, and Undercommon
and added description for the City of Custom, kinda important place, especially when it come to tech.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 pm

added new functions:
Clockwork Limbs and Powered Armor builds off the clockwork armor idea--- makes it possible to make good melee-engineers (and Doctor Octopus)
Demolition Charge because this should be an engineering specialty.
Glider because right now this equipment-based class somehow can't fly.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:56 am

Squall: based on your backstory, I'm going to need you to get at least 1 rank in knowledge[local] (because of all the travelling) and 1 in knowledge[dungeoneering] (cause you did a lot of working in mining development). I'd technically recommend you put few ranks in knowledges related to background (like nobility & geography) to make use of your high INT mod, but rest is up to you.

You get a bonus trait (no it does not replace one of your 2 starting traits unless I specifically say so here):

Perfected for Use: You receive a +1 trait bonus to attack when using a masterwork weapon you made yourself, and reduce the armor check penalty of masterwork armor you made yourself by an additional 1. (special: this also applies to your clockwork companion when using weapons you made)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Gave you another trait squall:

Reputation +1 (Notorious): You gain +2 bonus to Intimidate (as well as saving throw DCs of fear inducing effects).

You do have that price on your head that speak of all the horrid things you've done xD
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Posted a custom class frame I have under construction, the .

Basically, if you remember my old Noble/Politician class that's focused on social skills, this is the comeback. Ideas will be welcomed, so would any comments on balance (it shall be used! because not every leader has to have combat/magic skillz! so if you think something is borked get it out now~). Also missing a capstone ability idea right now ...
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Engineer class updated.
--- New function: Trapper, Reinforced Turret
--- Demolition Charge AOE can now be set when placing.
--- Turret has a light crossbow option to default to.
--- Adv Turrets can use heavy crossbows or repeating crossbows.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Posted stats on the Scorpion siege weapon, based on the Siege Crossbow from Archer's Arsenal. It's the first siege weapon small enough to be moderately mobile, so might be useful to you siege-weapon obsessed folks (cough Squall)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Update (part 1) to Engineer:

Speedster companion base statistics - starting speed increased to 40ft (45ft with Improved Speed special), but evolutions changed to gore + limbs(legs) x2. Without arms it can no longer carry weapons.
Functions - companion may now choose functions regardless of whether or not your omni-tool has it.
New: Vehicle base statistics
New: Clockwork companion evolutions - buzzsaw, drill, siege, wheeled
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:02 am

Important Changes to Rainer tl;dr version: I now have Demo Charges, my construct now uses a built in Drill, and now has a Burrow speed. Full notes are posted in Rainer's thread.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Return to “Characters”