Character Post

I was so tempted to call it "Wrath of the Lich Queen," but I think I'll save that name for an Eberron game.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Character Post

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Post thine character sheet here. As per my usual demand, use the profiler. Remember, the public notes section has no limit on it, so when you run out of space for class features or something, just move your feats down there. Same with spells. Eventually I'll get around to modifying the 3.5 sheet in there to have more fields. Also, the 3.5 sheet ("d20 3.5 DnD" template) has a field in it for Sanity that I added in.

In case you have forgotten where it was located during this long gameless stretch, here is the link:
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Character Post

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:19 am

Edited out.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:31 am

Umm Drew, the Legacy Weapon thing is still gone. Nobody has petitioned for it yet. Unless I should consider this a petition?

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:38 am

I wasn't aware that it had been undone. *Shrug*, the weapon above follows the standard rules, too the letter (except for great mind armor, I could actually have put mind blank, but I thought that was a bit much).

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I'd be fine with a free weapon of legacy, depending on which concept I decide to go with.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:50 pm

http://profiler.druidsofthecoast.com/view.php?id=391
Dragonborn Wizard 5Reserve Mage 5

Rough draft of Backstory V 0.78

Arcanissearth tibur Thricokarthel: History
Pre-blackout: Born as a Moon Elf, in Evermeet. He studied as a wizard, and became enamored with Reserve magic. He began to study it and found that it tied to dragonkind. He therefore sought out Bahamut on a quest to become more draconic to better study reserve magic.

Ceremony: Began Ceremony on shore of Evermeet. As the transformation begins, a magical storm washes over the ceremony causing Arcanissearth to lose his tie to Bahamut. This resulted in an incomplete transformation and loss of his pre-rebirth memory. He awoke on the shore of Waterdeep. This was 4 years ago. (Drew’s char appearing disrupted transformation)

Post Ceremony: After awaking, he spent an awkward few days wandering the city and trying to find somewhere to stay. Eventually he came upon an inn, and while having a drink in the common room, he met Jorvan. Jorvan seemed to be new to town as well, and this led to a bonding of sorts between them. Arcanis’s new friend seemed to be having trouble with some of the language of the area, including common which Arcanis found strange. Jorvan explained it as from being “from a faraway place” which he could understand readily enough, and chose not to press the issue. After doing odd jobs around the city for roughly a year, Arcanissearth convinced Jorvan to begin adventuring with some of the bands of fortune seekers that arrived at the inns. Arcanis was continuing research (or at least, he felt like it was a continuation, though he couldn’t be sure) on what he called “Reserve Magic”. His friend had other techniques that included extraplanar creatures, but again, Arcanis trusted his friend, and has learned not to ask questions that he would rather not know the answer to.
During their time adventuring, the duo formed a pattern of alternating who chose the adventure. Jorvan seemed to be searching for something as well. Arcanissearth is still looking to find out about who he was before his transformation, and is coming up with no results. He closely records his daily activities in a journal in hopes that doing so might jog his memory of a past event. So far this has been of minimal aid if any. He also records information on his research regarding Reserve magic, in hopes of one day publishing some of his findings at an arcane university.
In his last adventure, he and Jorvan hired Sir Heinrich Eisenach in Cormyr in order to travel to the Dalelands to investigate an explosion that supposedly happened at a mages research facility around the same time that he lost his memory. It turns out that the research group was looking into something they called “Dragonmarks”, but when the runes they were researching spontaneously detonated 4 years ago, they abandoned the project, deeming it “too risky to be worth the investment”. The conclusion was that the explosion was connected to the Transformation event, but the link was that of a reaction, not a cause. However, the adventure was not a complete loss. Arcanissearth did learn what he feels to be the epitome of reserve magic while traveling about the research facility. With his newfound speed in invoking reserve abilities, and the naturalness of them that he has discovered, he has decided to start focusing on how to better aid his allies. This is mainly due to the growing camaraderie that Arcanissearth is feeling for his friends, and a realization that healing magic is expensive when you’re not real close friends with a cleric.
Arcanis is currently in a town in the Dalelands with Jorvan and Heinrich enjoying some time off after the last adventure, and completing his journal entries on what he has learned about reserve magic.
Last edited by Squall255 on Sun May 16, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed May 05, 2010 3:41 am

Vanara Shadowcaster 5/Swordsage 2/Crusader of Baravar Cloakshadow 1/Twilight Scion 2

Backstory v1.0:

Pinfaer was born in Thesk, a byproduct of a mad druid's experiment. The druid, named Eevan Rossbolster, ruled over several canyons and some caves in the Dragonfang Mountains. Unfortunately, because Pinfaer was not the intended product of the experiment (a fusion of a human, rat, and monkey should have produced a nezumi/vanara cross rather than a nezumi and a vanara), he was thrown out with the refuse, as was the nezumi. Fortunately, the two were rescued by odd glowing cat-people. Naturally, the nezumi was...unhappy to be rescued by his predators and was left to die after biting the hand that fed him one too many times. It is entirely possible that he survived. As Pinfaer grew, he began to take an interest in the world around him, particularly the darkness. While he was never a tremendous scholar, it was his passion, especially the Plane of Shadow.

When Pinfaer turned 19, a small kuo-toa scouting party happened by the gloamings he lived with. Fearing the worst, the gloamings mobilized an army. This included Pinfaer being sent to what is best described as a mix between a monastery and boot camp. After six weeks there, Pinfaer graduated just in time for the kuo-toa attack. The gloamings preferred a hit-and-run style in the tunnels and caverns of the Underdark, generally preferring to strike and then meld into the darkness. The war dragged on for a few years with no real impact, as Pinfaer became more adept in the arts of fighting, eventually learning to blend his shadowy knowledge with the martial training he received. It was at this point that Pinfaer, trapped deep behind enemy lines, found a kuo-toa ceremony of some kind. All he knew was that a great deal of mystical energy was congealing near a kuo-toa wearing a ton of clearly ceremonial regalia. Naturally, Pinfaer struck. His sword struck true, and then darkness enveloped him. Not the familiar darkness of the Underdark, or the calming darkness of sleep, or even the quasi-darkness of the Plane of Shadow, but a deeper, older darkness.

The next thing he knew, Pinfaer was in a small city filled with gnomes. Nobody, himself included, had any idea who he was or how he got there. Given his obvious amnesia, the gnomes were sympathetic and gave him a place to stay and recover, as well as the name Pinfaer. Pinfaer found himself again drawn to study and darkness, but this time his avenue was through religion. The church of Baravar Cloakshadow was happy to welcome the young vanara to the faith, especially as he contributed a few insights to their knowledge of illusion by sharing his mysteries. His muscle memory was also well-trained for combat, so the church directed him into its martial wing as a crusader.

After a year as a crusader, Pinfaer found himself in an odd situation. He was leading a small group of fellow crusaders, a joint exercise with the church of Garl Glittergold, when a small, catlike, glowing creature appeared before him briefly before running off. The mission was to exterminate a nest of umber hulks that threatened to tunnel under the city and cause portions to collapse. Pinfaer found himself oddly compelled to follow the cat-creature. He shook it off and continued with the mission until he saw it again. This seemed to trigger something in his head and he collapsed. When he woke up, he remembered his past with the gloamings. After several weeks of identity crisis, Pinfaer managed to meld his memories and self into a coherent whole. As a side effect of this process, he left the gnomes to try and find the gloaming city of his youth.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 pm

EDIT: Scott has been granted a reprieve from this because I have already seen his character build.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 am

Sir Heinrich Eisenach
Dwarf Crusader 3 / Cleric 2 / Ruby Knight Vindicator 5
http://profiler.druidsofthecoast.com/view.php?id=398

History:
When Heinrich was an infant, his clan's citadel was raided by a drow warparty. The drow managed to eliminate the citadel's guards and patrols without raising the alarm, and managed to sneak into the barracks of the dwarf army and kill nearly three quarters of the clan's warriors as they slept. Dropping all attempts at stealth, the drow then hurled themselves on the surprised and unarmed dwarven civilians in a frenzy of slaughter. Dwarven watchmen posted through the city joined forces with brave commoners armed with improvised weapons to attempt to delay the bloodthirsty drow long enough for the civilians to escape. The unprepared dwarves were no match for the highly trained drow shock troops, and their line collapsed well before the evacuation could finish. The drow swept through the rest of the city, then dispatched hunting parties to track down and kill the fleeing remnants of the dwarven clan. The dwarves were almost completely wiped out, except for a few who had not managed to flee and were taken as slaves.

However, the desperate last stand of the dwarven watch had accomplished one thing. A priest used the time to dispatch a Sending spell to a nearby Order of crusaders that the dwarves were friendly with, begging for aid. The crusaders had a strike company dispatched in minutes. The crusaders had long been friends with the dwarves, and had established tunnels, dug wide and smoothly carved, that led directly to the clanhold.

The drow were busy at work looting the burning ruins of the clanhold and rallying their returning hunting parties when the crusaders struck. This time it was the drow that were taken by surprise, and the crusaders showed no mercy. In the first minute of combat the drow force was completely shattered, the survivors mounting a short-lived effort at a last-ditch defense before scattering into the tunnels.

However, during the fighting all of the prisoners had been slain by the vengeful drow. All but one. With the drow survivors harrying their rear, the crusaders took the single small dwarven infant that yet lived and returned to their keep on the surface.

Heinrich was raised to revere Torm by Knights of the Order of the Radiant Heart in Cormyr. As he grew older, he was taught the martial skills of a crusader, and learned to combine it with divine magic. Heinrich was a quick learner, and quickly became a full member of the order. He participated in several successful raids into the Underdark, as well as a number of holy crusades that the Order launched over the years. Recently he has begun questing on his own, determined to spread justice across the lands.

He soon met up with Arcanissearth and Jorvan, who were traveling to the Dalelands to investigate a mysterious magical explosion there. Hearing their mission, Heinrich decided to join them, and together they discovered the cause of the explosion. Much to Heinrich's dismay there were no evil-doers to be smited and very little justice to dispense. They are currently in Shadowdale resting and deciding on what to do next.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Looks acceptable so far Judson, but there's several things:
a) I can't seem to find your Cleric domains.
b) The Karmic Strike feat has a prerequisite of Combat Expertise and Dodge. You have neither.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat May 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Prince Calizhuotl of Nexlan, bbn8/primeval2

http://profiler.druidsofthecoast.com/view.php?id=390

Thanks for your patience, guys. Still a few details to attend to, but will be complete and ready to go by gametime.

EDIT: Ok, I think it's ready. Note that I've never done the whole "changing into stuff" bit, and wrote the primeval form stuff under the assumption that you retain your own BAB when you change into something. If this is incorrect, someone please set me straight.

History:
For years now, the land of Maztica and its various native states have been steadily losing ground to the colony in the area owned by the Fearûnian nation of Amn. Though the land’s warriors are fierce and fearless, they are largely outmatched by Amnian troops, and are being slowly but inexorably pushed back.
In pondering this dilemma, Tarhtemoc, Emperor of the Maztican state of Nexalan, has hit upon the idea that if there was something in Fearûn that gave Amn its edge, then it made sense to acquire it for Nexalan’s own use. To this end, he has called upon one of his sons, Calizhoutl, to travel to this faraway continent and help even the odds against Maztica’s would-be overlords. Though it breaks Calizhoutl’s heart to leave his homeland, which he has been helping to defend since he was old enough to carry a blade, he is comforted by the knowledge that his is a very important task, one that his father would not have given to just anyone.
Since his arrival in Fearûn, Calizhoutl has had some small measure of luck. He has identified several nations whose leaders (particularly the Pasha of Calimshan) might be courted as potential allies. He has also established that this is, first and foremost, a continent of fearsome magic, capable of wiping out whole armies or crossing from one side of the world to another in but a moment. If any of these mages could be persuaded to assist the Maztican cause, the balance would be tipped in their favor. He’s also heard stories about strange places like, the island of Lantan, said to have advanced technology he’d very much like to see (especially these “guns” he’s heard so much about…), and the so called “Hordelands” said to produce the finest cavalry warriors in Fearûn. (And who better to train the Nexalan armies in the way of the horse?)
As for himself, Calizhoutl needs to build up a reputation for himself before any of these people will listen to him, or so he supposes. Besides, even diplomats need to pay the bills somehow. To these ends, he’s taken a few adventuring jobs here and there, and it’s precisely such a job that brings him to Daggerdale today…
Last edited by littleangryman on Sat May 15, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat May 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Domains got lost in the transfer from text to profiler, added them in (Protection and Healing)

Oops. Got my feats mixed up. Fixed.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 15, 2010 10:41 pm

There's also something glaringly wrong with your damage. 2d6+21? I think not. I hereby use DM Right and force you to indicate if you are constantly using power attack and indicate to what level you are using power attack. Better yet, give me a full breakdown on the damage, including the bonus from the Armbands of Might.

2d6+ 9 (1.5 STR) + 1 (Enhancement) = 2d6+10

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun May 16, 2010 12:05 am

Are you going to require the same thing of me?

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 am

NEWS FLASH!

After crunching some numbers (mmm...bits....tasty....), I have determined that if you continue onwards using the Medium XP Progression, that the party will be wiped out about halfway through the game.

Solution! -> Switch to fast XP progression.

You are now at 106,615 XP and level 11. Level 12 is at 145,000.

Return to “City of the Spider Queen”