[9/29/2141] Kochikaze: Administrative Plan

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: [9/29/2141] Kochikaze: Administrative Plan

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Obviously there is a lot of specialized training that any military personnel are going to need before they're able to go into active service. I'd like to give the incarnum-blooded who want to enlist a much more specialized training program than will be offered to the civilians, since they need much more specialized knowledge and they need it faster. My plan was to incorporate the implant training, along with the math, physics, and other such programs with the military training program we put together for them. Obviously it will be a while before they are ready for active duty, but we still need to be as efficient as possible with their training so that they can be in the field (or on the streets) as soon as possible, even if thats a few months away. By the way, do the Chromians use implants, or will we need to train the Kochikaze military on that also?

After a few days, once we free the first batch of slaves, I'd like to send a delegation to Akashi and Asagami, and perhaps also Kusanagi, with some diplomats and a few freed slaves to offer testimonials, in order to request the assistance of their mages with freeing the rest of the slaves.

On the organization side, I'm also going to request some instructors from Astraea to aid in the training, otherwise we'll have to detach some of our troops to be teachers. The remaining loyal portions of the Kochikaze military will be able to help in training the new recruits, which will also give them time to get accustomed to the implants and new gear. The physics and computing type teaching can probably be handled by natives. We do need to get the ball rolling on all the paperwork though. (quick scan of the forms needed) Gods, by the end of this I'll probably be wishing for more assassins just to liven things up a bit...
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Ivan proposes that they keep the new units on Chroma for some period of time, probably a month or two, to organize them into their new units and give a basic background of military discipline and organization, doing basic noncombat drills and such. During this phase, we can rely heavily on the current Kochikaze military personnel to give the training, with some help from the Imperium Legionnaires. Then we send them to Kriegspiel for four or five months, after which we can deploy them into garrison and occupation duty in conquered territories for some period of time, before finally moving them to the front lines.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 pm

I think it might be worthwhile to send at least a few companies-worth of freed slaves to Astrea for the moderate course. If anything, it might give our tech guys an excuse to gain a better understanding of Incarnum (and before anyone jumps on me, NO, I am NOT suggesting human experimentation. I would expect everything to be done voluntarily).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:02 pm

All of the freed slaves who enlist will go to Astraea for their training, we just need to do some prep work before hand to get them all disciplined and military-y before they go.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Balint: Although, it'll still be good to publicize some kind of planned timetable with the numbers to show them that we're serious about this - be it for the emancipation proclamation, or for negotiations with noted groups. With our current mages working on it at near full-time, as I have no doubts there'll be times they'll be needed elsewhere, my guess is that they should be able to free around ~10k on the first month. Furthermore if you have no objections, I plan to request for some additional help from the Church of Misalin, as well as other Imperial public service organizations willing to help out.

Balint (cont): At the same time, I'd suggest being careful about sending ALL incarnum folks off to Astraea. Eventually - yes, but 'iteratively' should definitely be used here. Otherwise it'll just seem like all the incarnum-folks are disappearing into some black hole to the Chromians - who knows if its a training camp like we say or some slave-processing factory.

[ Since administrative side seems to be pretty settled and just some hashing out left on the military side of things - Dave please make a final compilation of the administrative plan ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is logistically practical or not, but one thing we could do is allow any of the incarnum slaves who were born free to return to their respective clans, (within reason of course, I doubt we'd be willing to travel to the other side of the map at this point) instead of trying to relocate them within Kochikaze.. Like I said, not sure how feasible it is at this point, but it would certainly help our diplomacy with the pro-incarnum clans, especially the more barbaric groups to the south.

Active Characters:

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Do we have an estimate for how many slaves there are total in Kochikaze? Any help from back home would be very welcome, of course.

Some minor adjustments should make it pretty easy to prevent credible rumors about us not really freeing the slaves. For starters, having the civilian re-settlement camps each located right next to a Kochikaze city. We could offer education for the slaves on a full-time basis and as night classes and such, so that slaves that want to start working immediately while still going to school have that option. It'll make things a bit more complex from a logistics standpoint, but it will get the freed slaves heavily interacting with the non-incarnums right from the start, and add a lot of transparency to the process. The civilians are never going to leave Chroma during the whole process, so having it look like ALL the incarnums are being shipped off somewhere won't be a problem.

For those that join the military, it would definitely be best to start them off training as they are freed, perhaps one 'class' a month. If we also seperate each class during the education phase, accelerating those that already know some of the stuff and those that learn more quickly, we'll have a much more efficient system that also iterates the process nicely. Combine that with giving the recruits a few days of leave between each phase and we should have no problem with propaganda.

Gabriel, most of the slaves that were born free are probably from the Tsukimikado or Sendai, in which case it will be no problem to send them home if they want to go.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:33 pm

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 am

Ivan has assigns some staffer types to assess the education gap between the current Kochikaze military and what is required to be a competent Imperial soldier, and estimate the personnel, time, and money that will be required to bring them up to speed. This group will also use the first couple batches of freed slaves to provide the same estimates for how long new recruits will take/cost to educate up to an appropriate level.

A message is sent out to all Kochikaze military reservists notifying them that the Kochikaze military is being re-organized to utilize Imperial technology and battle tactics. It calls on all reservists who wish to be a part of the new Kochikaze military full time to report for duty. Included will be a brief overview of the benefits of being included in the new military.

A few more staffers are assigned to work closely with the Kochikaze officer corps to re-organize the military into Imperial units. The new formation with follow the basic structure of a Field Legion Brigade. If not enough reservists enlist to fill the entire Brigade structure, gaps will be left (leaving off one of the front battalions and the grenadier/mage companies if this is needed), to be filled with the first of the newly enlisted incarnums to graduate the Academy. The imperial advisors will primarily be there to fully inform the Kochikaze of what is required for each role in the brigade, with specific personnel decisions of who is assigned where left mainly to the Kochikaze commanders who know the people who are being assigned. The top echelons of command are to be left unfilled, with the commanders to be decided by performance throughout the training process.

Some supply officers and engineers are given the task of converting an existing Kochikaze military base into a training facility for the existing forces, expanding and upgrading as needed.

Ivan also requests permission from Gabriel to lead the 3rd Special Recon to investigate the so-called "Kiyohime" in the Tsuchimikado forest.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:56 am

(Let me know if I've missed anything glaringly obvious, but otherwise I think this is pretty much done)

Reorg: As Imperial law requires mid-level and above administrators to be from the territory they administer, such officials will receive a small income tax break for the coming year if they are hired in the next three months (if Kochikaze isn't a fantastic place for finding such people, we'd better get the best we can). To comply with Imperial law, all administrators above entry level will be granted Imperial citizenship. The pace and specific details will be left to Kochikaze to work out for itself, but I want a plan on my desk in a month that sets a pace for the reorganization to be completed as fast as possible.

Testing:
The tests will comprise hypothetical yet common scenarios. Examiners will be selected initially from the Cross Knights and then from those who have passed the exams with particularly high marks, to widen the pool of examiners. Testing is to begin within two weeks, working outward from <Kochikaze capital city (Sendai? Senrei?)> and working from the top down. Managers will not be allowed to examine their reports, for obvious reasons.

Active Military:
All active service military who wish to enlist will be accepted, those who do not will be disarmed to the extent required by Imperium law and left to go. Given the recent rebellion, a loyalty oath will be administered under Zone of Truth before any enlistments will be accepted. This process will complete in six weeks. Any incarnum equipment will be replaced with electromagnetic or magitech equivalents as soon as possible, and research into equivalents of those incarnum items for which no functional equivalent is available will begin immediately. Kochikaze service time will count as Norinth service time did for the purpose of gaining Imperial citizenship.

Agricultural Upgrades:
A 50% subsidy will be offered to Kochikaze farmers looking to upgrade their farming equipment to Imperium equivalents for the next six months. Any slaves used in said equipment must be freed, of course.

Freed Slaves:
All slaves will be freed within the next three months (talk to the Asagami before announcing this to make sure it's reasonable, given the number of slaves). Owners will receive equivalent Imperial equipment. Freed slaves will be offered Imperial residence and exemption from personal income taxes for two years after entering the workforce, provided that such entrance occurs within the next two years. Refugee camps will be constructed for to offer temporary (for a period of no more than one year) housing to former slaves. Those in the camps will be given mandatory accelerated public education to bring them up to GED-equivalent level. Those who desire to do so may enter the military as enlisted soldiers after the education period is complete, with the details of this to be worked out by the military folks. Imperial public service organizations, the Church of Misalin included, are welcome to help.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:12 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Unless anyone has a problem, I can include that question in a broader diplomatic message to Asagami.

Active Characters:

Return to “Actions”