Action Discussions

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Action Discussions

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Now that the crazy rebellion stuff is finally coming to a close, here's a list of things I know you guys should be working on... keep in mind how seriously you guys do these tasks also directly affect your XP

1. Dave - Finalize those administrative stuff. I want a list of the compiled details. This should be done by the end of this weekend (I've told you several weeks ago to get started).

2. Drew - I believe you have announcements planned.

3. Judson - suggest you finish any post-battle planning & analysis, because if you do that when I spring a new threat - too late.

4. You guys still need to figure out what to do with the POWs. And if you think you can ship them elsewhere for other people to handle - you're mistaken. Keep in mind this is a political issue in and of itself, as US POW problems have shown.

5. You have a Shadow-Legion company now, figure out what to do with it.

6. If no-one has anything to say in the Nuke thread, I'm going to update it sometime tonight/tomorrow-morning.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Unless there are any critical objections, this is what I'm posting tonight:
The Imperial Chroman Proclamation

As of [Time, Date, Year], Imperial forces triumphed in the first of, no doubt, the many battles to come. By the time this message reaches most of you, our forces will have finished clearing both Moharan and Tsutui forces from the field, and rebels from Senrei. The fighting in both theatres was brutal and costly, but in the end, we of the Imperium are the victors.

In the aftermath of the day's fighting, our foes have called us brutal, careless, and practically psychotic. Citing, as evidence, our soldier's ability to maintain their formations even after near devastating losses. Do not be fooled, however, what Mohara and Tsutui saw today was not bloody-minded glory, it was the prowess of an army formed around the ideals of military professionalism and hard earned discipline. We are not lunatics, we are soldiers. Of course, no one should expect people who try to buy loyalty or win their battles through subterfuge to understand what professionalism looks like.

Regardless, we anticipate that our actions and words will cause a power shift of likes that few Chromans have seen, and we intend to see that the power shifts from those who have profited from the endless wars, to those who work and strive to protect their homes. For too long many injustices in this world have been allowed to continue unchecked. For too long, those with more technology and bigger militaries have placed themselves above those who choose a more pacified existence. For too long, millions upon millions of souls have been forced into an illegitimate slavery to fuel an industry forged upon racism and hate. We, the forces of the Imperium have watched this planet with a desire to cleanse such brutish and vile practices, and, now, we have come to see through such an endeavor.

Thus, in accordance with the Articles of the Terran Imperium, we assert the following:

1. That all Imperial Chroman States shall hereto function as Autonomous States within the Imperium. Summarily:

a. That all Chroman Administrators shall report to Executive Imperium Regulators, but shall be selected from the nation or territory of their origin.

b. That all Imperial Chroman Territories shall be free to chose their Governmental Structure, assuming that it conforms to Imperial standards of efficiency and human rights.

c. That all Imperial Chroman citizens shall receive the same benefits, privileges, and rights as all Imperial citizens, regardless of ethnicity, race, sex, or lineage.

2. That all practice of slavery shall hereto be abolished with no exceptions within Imperial Chroman Territories. This institution is archaic, cruel, and entirely unacceptable given the current day and age. Within the Imperium, the term equality applies to all, regardless of what kind of magic you wield.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 am

As a heads up, I move back to school on Friday (leaving in the morning). I haven't started packing yet. Thus, expect no posts of substance before Sunday at the earliest. Classes start Monday, but I should be able to work some time in without too much trouble.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Before we do anything with the POWs, we need to find out what the established norms are on Chroma for dealing with POWs.

For the Shadow Legion, I think it would be best to simply give them a few broad objectives, access to whatever resources they need (within reason) and simply let them do their thing. I would prefer not to reveal their presence to the Chromians and to limit all interactions with the Shadow Legion to the highest level of commanders, to minimize possible information leaks.

Goals for Shadow Legion:
Primary: Locate and neutralize Moharan saboteurs (Knights, Grenadiers etc should be made available if they are needed for the 'neutralization' part)
Secondary: Identify informers within the Kochikaze government and military

One thing we need to do is proceed with slave-freeing as soon as possible. In addition to moral/PR considerations, we need to begin recruiting and training our native reserve forces so that we have the manpower to maintain order in Kochikaze while we move on Asakura.

In terms of nuke defense, the two 77th Brigade battle barges should be in orbit along with the Berezina. Since they are optimized for planetary assault landings, wouldn't they have extensive capabilities for shooting down ground-launched missiles?
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:07 am

It also just occurred to me that by means of a little old spell known as Speak With Dead, we may be able to track down anyone within the Kochikaze Administration that knew/helped plan the rebellion. Something tells me that there's at least a slim chance that this could put us on the trail of Moharan spies and informants.

Assuming there are no problems with this, assume that I will have a post about the use of this spell in the Negotiations and Rebellion thread.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Dave - you really need to get that compilation post up already...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Drew, isn't the use of necromancy against the Church of Misalin doctrine?

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 pm

Theoretically, yes. However:

1. Not all Misalians are dogmatic assholes: My main has precedence of not being one, and my cohort is actually Lawful Neutral.

2. The spell lacks both the Death and Evil descriptors, which are typically read the as sign the to stay away from a spell if you're a good character (at least in my experiences).

3. We're not exactly going to broadcast the fact we're doing it.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 pm

|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:19 pm

The bureaucrat of the party whips out his giant rubber stamp of approval. We need this information if there's any to be had.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:54 pm

In that case I need a list of questions from you guys on what you're asking...

also the spell DC of the caster, I assume one of you is handling it...
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:17 pm

So, would the two 77th brigade battle barges have the ability to shoot down the nukes? Since they are optimized for planetary assault landings, I'd expect them to have pretty good capabilities against ground-launched missiles.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:07 pm

since most things are resolved, I'm going to hop back onto a schedule where time will gradually proceed ingame whether or not you guys decide on things...

current day is 9/31/2141

something I realized lately I haven't mentioned Judson: since HVMs' projectile speeds exceeds escape velocity, they can effectively be used in intercontinental ranges. Their accuracies might be in the sewers, effective only as area-bombardment against stationary targets, but if you're willing to wreck some local property this is an attack method to consider, especially against heavy fortifications.

Reminder that I also left some room for dungeon-delving to the interested character [shrug]
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:19 pm

reduced 77th brigade strength in light of tallied losses in suppressing the rebellion...
|

()

Return to “Actions”