Something I need people to look at

Anything D&D pretty much.
Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Something I need people to look at

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:42 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Something I need people to look at

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm

I have this nagging feeling that it needs some kind of BAB booster (ala Divine Power).

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 pm

One thing that quickly comes to mind: Don't use monster sizeups for PCs. Use Enlarge or Expansion. As it is, no BAB booster is needed with that kind of insane STR boost...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:49 pm

well technically Alastor's greatest ability doesn't involve expanding his contractor ... as much as using the contractor as a means to SUMMON him, a god (or at least demigod) into the material plane, which obviously would require immense amounts of power (equivalent of an epic spell at least I'd say), and thus why typically the summoner is killed/destroyed in the process. I'd say add this in as an ability-of-last-resorts (and requires a high CON-check to live thru it in addition to binding check to use it), rather than his top/best-utilized ability.

Also, it should be noted that Shana isn't that proficient at Unrestricted Spellcasting and thus doesn't utilize Alastor's power in that field, where Alastor's previous contractor apparently excelled at it quite a bit (at least in conjuration, since she create weapons/armor from the flames). Shana can still hurl fireballs, which should probably be modified for this =P. Between that as a ranged attack and the ability to add high damage to melee hits, this has more than enough abilities as a "vestige".

otherwise, this is nice =), I'd like to play Shana at one point lol. You could also use a martial/binding dual progression PRC for Alastor. Obviously Desert Wind needs to be included. Full-BAB advancement should be added there. After all it's Shana's training that gives her the fighting skills, not her contract =P
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:51 pm

I was about to base it on Giant Size when i realised that the STR boosts in there use the monster advancement. Theres also the fact that the Binder can only reach those sizes if there is available space. I also increased the Check Result needed for each bonus.

I know that its really more as a means to summon him, but in D&D terms you can't really do that with a vestige so I did the best I could come up with while sitting in class. The CON Check is a good idea, I think I'll have it scale with each level of power.

Completely forgot that Shana could throw fireballs (Marty has failed his Otaku check)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Okay, updated to include the CON Check

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Flopcorn
Adamantine Member

Postby Flopcorn » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Totally overpowered for a 4th level vestige. 1d6-5d6 damage to EVERY attack, depending on level, and a flight speed of 80, along with some other little perks and a SUPERWTFBBQPWN transform ability.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 pm

Major edit to Heaven Destruction Earth Break (no more OMGWTFBBQ transformation)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 pm

UPDATE: Heaven Destruction Earth Breaker (AKA OMGWTFBBQ Ability) is being removed and will become the 10th level ability of the pending PRC

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 am

update: vestige updated.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 am

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 pm

UPDATE: Changed BAB requirement for Crimson Heritage Hunter from +5 to +4. Realized that the only way to take the PRC at level 8 is to go Binder 4/Fighter 2, which makes it extremely difficult to get the required maneuvers.

Coming Soon: Sample Crimson Heritage Hunter

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:43 pm

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Crimson Heritage Hunter update
Added: preliminary ideas for Marchosias

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=783&p=11476#p11476

:capemagus:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General D&D”