PENTHIAE CAMPAIGN QUESTIONS

Rules, Custom Mechanics, & other important data.

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PENTHIAE CAMPAIGN QUESTIONS

Postby Laharl » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:18 pm

You've said that you count anyone with an IF as being one level higher for the purposes of giving out XP.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Rules update: action points per level and maximum action points stored is reduced by 5 ( from 5 + half char level to just half char level ).
Reason: Drew's game made me notice that players in my game don't take action points nearly as seriously. I may not require excessive descriptions for the purpose of saving game time (which is long enough as it is), but they're still meant for circumstances when a char really needs them, or when characters get either desperate or furious. Besides, since action points in my game are a lot stronger than they are in Eberron or any other game, it only makes sense to have less of them.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY (meaning subtract 5 from your current AP count)

( I was tempted to cut it down to 1/3 char level... although I figure that might be too much ).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:51 pm

shit....that makes Heroic Destiny even more worth it. time to go try to edit new build to get Heroic Destiny.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 pm

So, basically, we're being punished for saving them for when we really need them?
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:34 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 am

Before the battle, Dmitri flies out to the edge of the Blackbog Lockdown zone to try some experiments. Locating the exact edge of the lockdown using Arcane Sight, he does the following:

Outside of the lockdown, he casts Ethereal Jaunt, then moves into the lockdown and waits for the duration to expire.

Outside the lockdown, he casts Ethereal Jaunt, then casts Teleport to move 20 ft into the lockdown.

Outside the lockdown, he casts Ethereal Jaunt, then walks into the lockdown, then casts Teleport to move 20 feet further into the lockdown.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:59 am

something else:

6. Poisons
Poisons require a constitution check instead of a fortitude save, with the same DC as current (maximum DC 25).
(Note: Diseases will also require a constitution check instead of a fortitude save of the same DC. However, due to the abundance of healing potions distributed by Misalin creationists, this is not a problem players need to worry about).

reasons:
1. This actually make poisons useful, zomg! Seeing as everyone has insane fortitude saves. It also makes poisoncrafting worthwhile. Anyone who wish to trade in ranks for craft(poisonmaking), be my guest.
2. You characters can actually get drunk, zomg again! Yes alcohol counts as a poison as far as rules go.
3. Just making things slightly more realistic.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:42 pm

written out a few things you should already know about:

Arcane spellbooks may acquire spells from the artificer, bard, and wizard spell-lists (but not sorcerer-only spells).
Divine prayerbooks may acquire spells from the cleric, evangelist (divine bard), and paladin spell-lists.
You may not record spells added to a spell-list from a class ability (e.g. Domains) or feat (e.g. Arcane Disciple) to your spellbook unless you also have said class ability or feat. You may add sorcerer-only spells to your spellbook only if you have sufficient sorcerer casting to cast it.

( well, technically you can record it... you just won't be able to cast it if you tried, henceforth lack of point in recording it. )

Conjuration Attack Spells
Elemental attack spells of the conjuration school or creation subschool are considered to create and fire physical shots, which are no longer treated as normal spells once they are created. They may only be countered while casting and not after being created (opposed range). They pierce AMF, may ignore spell-only wards such as Dispelling Screen and Globe of Invulnerability, and cannot be affected by abilities (e.g. Absorb Spell) or items (e.g. Absorption Rods) that only affect spells.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:49 pm

added:
Healing spells does not heal both lethal AND nonlethal damage at the same time - it only heals one of them.

heal both? that seriously doesn't make any sense. And don't whine, heal spells are even more nerfed OFF penthiae. I've only kept it closer to norm because people wouldn't get use to it otherwise (shrug).
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:22 am

Question about magic items

An item of continuous Energy Immunity, as per the spell, costs 66,000gp according to the formulas in the DMG. Can be get an item like this, or do we need to use the effect of the epic item Ring of Energy Immunity, which costs 240,000 gp, to gain energy immunity?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm fine with that (shrug)
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 am

Does anyone know what would happen if a Magnificent Mansion spell was cast inside of a Portable Hole or similar extra-dimensional storage device?

I'm not sure whether it would work normally or just kill everyone nearby with an Astral rift.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:14 am

Extradimension + extradimension = bad things happen

and yeah Mage's Mansion goes under extradimension, it sure isn't shrinking anything
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:24 pm

before any more confusion banter happens regarding AMF:

10. Antimagic Fields
Due to the contradicting nature of overlapping antimagic field, the DM makes no promises on whatever may happen within the an area where more than one antimagic field crosses one another. Any magic item or spell that would normally be affected by antimagic fields may behave normally, become suppressed, dispelled, disjunctioned, or struck by other strange effects when operating within the area of an overlapping AMF (as determine by the DM's at-the-moment judgment of circumstantial factors, and his dice). Unless extreme circumstances this will not affect any item worn by an entity who emanates an AMF, but no promises will be given to his or her weapons. There will be no arguments - cross antimagic fields at your own risk.

However, because of this decision and the fact it was ME who persuaded Judson to use Shaped-AMF rather than Golem Armor. Judson, you may rebuild your char for Golem Armor instead of for Shaped AMF ( however any changes I see which does not correlate to this change of defense base will be denied ). If you choose to: 1. drop me a note and 2. if you so choose, the changes are effective immediately ( no retconning of the damage you've received or spells lost though ), before you guys engage the Imperials.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:21 am

for people who acquired Heroic Surge, here's the current abilities for 3AP (just added third one) :
• Grant a +20 luck bonus on any attack roll, ability check, or skill check.
• Take 20 on any saving throw, or automatically resist any one condition (even if it doesn't allow a save).
• Take a full-round action.
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Mechanics & Rules”