Orhan of Neyri, character of litlleangryman

In Soviet Forums, data games you!

Moderator: Mr_Praetorian

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Orhan of Neyri, character of litlleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:45 am

Work in progress. Here's what I've got so far.

Orhan of Neyri
NG human (Baklunish/Suloise mix) cleric 10 of Pelor

Backstory:
Orhan is a product of two worlds. He is the son of a Zeifi military officer (the commander of tiny Fort Neyri on the Uli frontier) and his favored concubine, who originated from points further east. From the beginning, he was raised in the deeply religious culture of Zeif, but with his father constantly off on campaign, most of his true beliefs came from his mother. Consequently, while he respects the faith of his father and his men as much as the next man, his true devotion was to his mother’s patron, Pelor. Fifteen years Orhan grew up at that little military base, and towards the end of those he even started receiving spells in response to his devotions, much to the relief of the bases troops, who weren’t exactly in a position to be picky about from whence came their healing.
In due course, Orhan’s father and most of his troops were killed in battle (fighting a hostile Paynim tribe, oddly enough, and not the Uli they’d been watching for so long). With the commander’s passing came his concubine’s freedom. With this freedom, she wanted just one thing: to go home. Orhan was happy to oblige; with his father’s death and those of most of his subordinates, the remaining troops were absorbed into other units. There was nothing left for him at Fort Neyri but ghosts (figuratively speaking).
Thus, the man and his mother left Zeif and traveled east, making the long journey back to her homeland in Urnst. It was here that Orhan formally joined the church of Pelor, and truly completed his clerical training. In a land where he barely knew the language, never mind the customs, his service to the church sustained him and saw him rise to moderate rankings over the course of the next eight years. With this rank came occasional “special” assignments, with the church sending him on jobs lesser clerics might have trouble accomplishing. First among these was being assigned to a number of exeditions to the nearby Shield Lands, there to assist in the region's "cleansing" of its fiendish Iuzite occupiers. Having performed reasonably well in this capacity, Orhan was, following the wars, assigned to jobs along similar lines in handling a number of small-scale undead infesations, along with more humanitarian missions in response to plagues, famines, and natural disasters. His latest task brings him to Greyhawk today, and he is eager to begin.
Last edited by littleangryman on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

littleangryman

Re: Orhan of Neyri, character of litlleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 pm

http://profiler.druidsofthecoast.com/view.php?id=464

Still needs to buy gear, but otherwise finished. I think. Continuing to work on gear.

EDIT: Aaaaand done. Let's roll.
Last edited by littleangryman on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Looks good so far. Though I'm a little curious as to why you bothered to prepare cure spells, given that goodly clerics can burn prepared slots for cure spells freely.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:54 am

After reviewing your a bit more, I have a few suggestions:

1. Swap out Alertness and Improved Initiative for Dodge and Selective Channeling: Dodge now gives a raw +1 dodge to ac, which is always helpful. Selective Channeling is a necessity if you are planning to use Channel Energy during combat with non-undead targets. Alertness is nice, but your perception will hardly suffer in its absence. Improved Initiative is nice, but given your lack of dexterity and general combat effectiveness, it probably won't help you as much as it otherwise would.

2. Drop Brew Potion: Dai's Alchemist can make these much faster and cheaper. Not to mention that you'll all probably be getting deals on cure-restorative items for being good little holy soldiers any way. I would suggest switching this one out for Combat Expertise (heck, you're got the int for it).

3. I highly suggest you acquire access to a Spell Compendium: Close Wounds (Lvl2), Mass Resist Energy (Lvl3), Mass Resurgence (Lvl3), Mass Shield of Faith (Lvl4), Panacea (Lvl4), Recitation (Lvl4), Revivify (Lvl5), Superior Resistance (Lvl6), and Righteous Wrath (Lvl5) are all very could spells for a support cleric to know. Even though you can't cast some of them yet, you'll want to know about them when you can.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:40 am

For having a partially completed backstory and partially completed character before the resetting of deadlines, you are granted 500 bonus XP.

Active Characters:

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:38 am

Couple of problems:

1. You need to list the weight of your items.

2. You forgot to purchase a holy symbol.

3. You may care to get your character some clothes... Chafing and whatnot...

Side Note: In the future, when you update your character, you really should post that you've made an update. I wound't have even noticed that you had worked on your char sheet unless I had made the cursory glance that I did.

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 am

Fixed. Had to ditch the shield because of encumberance problems, but should be good otherwise.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:55 am

For completion of a satisfactory backstory, you given an addition 500 experience points.

Background Stuff:
Affiliation: Dawnbringers of Pelor
Abilities: +1 Sacred to Perception, +1 Channel Energy/day, +2 on saving throws vs. Blindness and Dazzling Effects

Bonus Item:
Dawnbringer Mace
The head of the this brass colored heavy mace resembles the likeness of Pelor, your patron.
Stats: +1 Heavy Mace. Increases the DC to resist the effects of your Channel Energy by +1. May be used as a Holy Symbol for the purpose of Channeling Energy. Deals an addition +1d6 damage if used in conjunction with the Channel Smite Feat.

Battletraining against Fiends: +1 to Attack, Damage and CMB against Evil Outsiders.
Medic!: +1 to Initiative and Heal checks.

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 am

Updated to account for bonus stuff. Also a fairly major equpiment overhaul (related).

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

If you're wondering, Scott, you're allowed to improve the mace they give you.

Active Characters:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Game Data”