Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Mission 4 Post-Mission

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:04 am

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Re: Mission 4 Post-Mission

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm

As part of the motion for moving into Mikawa, the Tougou clan and its vassals will be transferring all of its properties in the west (Nakakuni Province) to the other exiles, in return for resources and supplies to help establish and rebuild in the east (Mikawa Province). Tougou Tsuyoshi's officers have been in negotiations with the other exile groups and local merchant groups and managed to reach the following offer for the party's assets in the west:

Housing Complexes + Farms: 20,000gps, +5,000gps worth of food (paid over 5 months)
Workshop (Phase 2): 5,000gps
Pyrite Mine: 5,000gps, +10,000gps worth of gunpowder production ingredients (mostly sulfur; paid over 10 months)

( the funds would go towards construction of the new fort; would this be acceptable? )

Tsuyoshi Tougou is allocating 30,000gps of construction materials, mostly lumber, mortar, nails, and paint, for the fort's construction. Todoroki Yuu and Terasaka Takayoshi should be able to handle most stone-related needs with a combination of Stone Wall, Move Earth, Create Water, and Transmute Mud to Rock (effectively allowing Hollowed (sandstone inside) Hewn Stone Walls [1/3HP and 1/2 Break DC as Full Hewn Stone Wall, SBGpg35] for free; full hewn stone walls will take too long to build given current timeframes). Labor demands will be met through a combination of party/allied personnel, recruited local craftsmen, and support spells as Wood Shape and Stone Shape for construction acceleration.
(Tougou also mentions that more materiel may be released depending on results of initial construction efforts)

Assuming deal is accepted, this gives a budget of 60,000gps for construction materials, allowing for a central stronghold structure worth 180,000gps (in Stronghold Builder's Guide values) to be built, not include the outer defenses that can be erected via spells mentioned above.

GM Note: Since location has yet to be established, suggests someone put together a list of components that will be worked into the fort. Wall lengths and such are negligible for now due to their only cost being time to cast spells required. But rooms (SBG pg15), additions (SBG pg41), and fixed siege engines (Ultimate Combat); each Guard Tower will also cost as a Guard Post (even though the stone base is 'free', the top isn't). Leave around ~30k for miscellaneous costs I'll deduct later.

( Group Status thread in Characters subforum updated with Fiefdom information, assuming party accepts their new job offers )
( Beastiary updated with Samurai Warlord )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Shigeru will accept the positions as Vice-Commander of <C&C Generals Voice>BOMBARDMENT</C&C Generals Voice> and Commander of Non-Magical Things That Go Boom.

Shigeru also offers to spagyric up a big crane for use in construction, as well as work on siege engines.

He also requests an armory for gunpowder storage that isn't as vulnerable to the attack method he used to destroy the one a few days prior...
[GM: so an armory built further deep into the basement...]
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Googledocs Shared List for tracking proposals and components:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pm4 ... frvaQ/edit
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:09 am

Yuuta will accept the offered position.

(No lulz because BBCode doesn't do strikethrough.)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 am

Immediately after the promotions in the wake of the decisive battle of Yoshida Castle, Terasaka will travel north to the ex-rebel stronghold to begin laying the groundwork for his own castle's construction. A combination of Phantom Steeds and Word of Recall should get the whole group, plus Genichirou and Touka, back to base in very good time. Before he leaves, he asks Lord Tougou to have a fancy-looking title of nobility (or whatever it is thats traditional for these things) made for him to show to his new subjects. He also tries to gather whatever information he can on the tax and administrative policies the tanuki had implemented in his region.

As soon as they arrive, Terasaka will put in a long planning session with Rainer and Shigeru to hammer out the details on the stronghold's layout.

The next day, Terasaka will take a trip out to the villages, lumber camps, and the mine, bringing a small group and his title of nobility. In each village, he will follow the same procedure:

Enter town, announce the situation briefly, gather the townsfolk, particularly any elders or leaders, make a speech. Tell them that the tanuki oppressors have been overthrown and Tougou Tsuyoshi, the rightful lord, has returned from exile and taken his throne. I'm one of his sworn men and have been made lord of this area. I'm fair and just, Tougou's great too, etc etc.

Afterwards, have a private meeting with the town elders/leaders/authority figures. Address any questions or concerns they have. Tell them about my plans for the castle, ask what they know about the shrine and its guardian, ask if theres any priests/monks or other religious authorities in the area to advise about how to handle it best.

Same plan for lumber camps and the quarry, except probably with fewer old people to talk to.

Skill Checks:
Knowledge to find out about monster (all boosted by Ancestral Communion)
Knowledge (Religion): 1d20+19= 34
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20+19= 33
Knowledge (History): 1d20+19= 23

To find out about the Tokugawa policies, specifically regarding taxes, conscription, and generally how they administered this kind of area.
Gather Info: 1d20+25 = 37
Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20+29= 42
Knowledge (Local): 1d20+24= 30

Impression: 1d20+10= 24, 23, 13, 40, 40, 28, 29

Diplomacy: 1d20+25= 27, 33, 37, 42, 37, 35, 40, 55, 35, 42, 38, 40, 27, 33

Gather Info: 1d20+25= 31, 37, 32, 36, 41, 29, 27
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:37 am

|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 am

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:34 am

Terasaka offers the siblings the spear and the Steadfast Boots, claiming the rest for himself unless they have a strenuous objection.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Rainer spends the first day working on yumi's craft request. He then gathers some of the group (specifically Shigeru and Terasaka) to talk about how we weregoing to approach the nature spirit on the hill. He asks Shigeru what he knows about botony, and agriculture, specifically fertalizers, and if he could make some to offer as a peace offering.

(GM : feel free to make Knowledge[nature] checks as you proceed.)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Terasaka suggests that they put together a list of Commune questions to ask regarding the spirit, hopefully pointing them in the right direction regarding negotiations.

Attempting to find out the goals and motivations of this sort of spirit, along with ways they have interacting with and been influenced by mortals in the past (Boosted with Divine Insight)
Knowledge(Nature): 38
Knowledge(History): 33

Suggested Questions:
Will the spirit react poorly to cursed individuals?

---questions on whether specific negotiation tactics will work
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Knowledge:
The Jinushigami are strictly guardians of nature, their only interests lay in the preservation of the environment and its spirituality. That being said, they are not unreasonable and will allow resource excavation as long as the locals don't get too greedy (exact definition of which varies from spirit to spirit). They're natural enemies of the oni and therefore allies of the oni's foes, such as house Hojo, who often receive help from these spirits for the exorcism work they perform. They also accept tributes (aka yes you can bribe them), preferably in magic items and relics of spiritual power, buried at ley lines to rapid decompose and nourish the local area with magic. Also they are pleased by enshrinement with proper respect and worship. As such, regional lords often construct elaborate shrines and pay periodic visits with goods to maintain cordial relations with these spirits.

Q: Will the spirit react poorly to cursed individuals?
A: No
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ok, current plan:

Wear our sweet oni-hide armor to show our badass demon-slaying skills.

Offer to build a really cool shrine in exchange for it allowing us to build our castle and the harvest various local resources in a reasonable way.

If it needs more, offer a magic item to bury, and as a last resort a monetary tribute, hopefully in the future as a percentage of tax revenue rather than a big lump sum right now.

Any additional suggestions/input?
Do we have any reasonably valuable magic items lying around that we aren't using?
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm

In the current list of leftover party goods? No. You could craft some good magic item since the plenty of money (purely to have to destroyed again, retarded in a ways).
Or you could go raid somewhere for one xD

Either way, Touka thinks that with your oni-hide armor, if you go to the destroyed shrine that lay on top of the mountain, pay your respects, and present a minor offering, then you should be able to get enough favor to at least receive an audience with the Jinushigami. The proposed points makes a pretty good start, and you may also receive additional requests or whatnot in order to better relations, seeing as you're now the lord of this region.

Touka also recommends talking to Akiyama Keiichirou, Tougou's chief-of-staff, to see if they have spare magical goods captured from the last battle; chances are not everything they seized from the defeated army, or artifacts unwanted from the retaken castle, has a market of demand.

(also Marty if you're interested in taking the time to help Rainer's fertilizer request, I'll need know[nature] and survival checks; start with 3 of each)
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Rainer also points out that he can craft (given time) magic items with druid spells to offer. In this instance he will only charge cost to him as it is needed to secure the location. (Cost to him is 95% of 1/3 of market price ~31.7% of market value) thanks to Rainer'scraft cost it would probably be more cost effective to make someitems for the spirit.

Suggested spells:
warp wood
plant growth (1710 gp to make, <1 day craft time)
quench
control weather (1/day craft cost: 11527, 3days to make)
*I'll add costs for these later tonight.
Last edited by Squall255 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Return to “Missions”