Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment (Part II)

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment (Part II)

Postby Sajuuk » Fri May 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Shigeru has no problem with handing out a Personal Disappear infusion. (12 round duration, uses up one of my 2nd-level extract slots until its used)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:44 pm

Terasaka replies:

"Free? How many will die storming Yoshida? Against the Northern force? You need every man against Shingen: I can preserve them. Hear what I offer."

Rescue Mission 1.1:
Infiltration Team:
Sugire (Provides Gaseous Form, Invisibility Sphere, Major Image, Silent Image)
Yuuta
Akira (*Potion of Gaseous Form, Extract of Disappear)
Terasaka (*Scroll of Silence, Provides Word of Recall, Dispel Magic)

*Item to buy

Plan: Infiltrate through armory secret door (VERIFY VIA COMMUNE), move through castle dungeons dispelling/avoiding traps, avoiding guards, find Princess Sen, make the switch and exfiltrate.

Problems:
How do we find her?
-Okazaki used to be our territory. Do we have floor plans, or at least a general map or idea of where things go?
-Can we kidnap a guard/officer and find out? Someone has access to and knowledge of the dungeons, and we could use them to enter.

Raid Team:
Shigeru, Rainer+Construct, Yumi, potentially a few of the rebels

Plan:
Set fire to catapults and the general area, cause maximum noise and confusion, retreat

Items: Extracts of Soar, bombs, (requests and/or ideas from marty/squall?)

Timeline:
Nov. 5th, night: planning, Commune to verify assumptions
Nov 6th: shopping trip, execute operation
Nov 7th: Deadline- assault on Yoshida begins (projected)

Potentially we might have time to kidnap an officer from Okazaki late at night on the 5th, place a Geas on him, and then use him to carry out the raid on the night of the 6th.

(MARTY NOTE: I have no idea why this post wasn't showing up, but after manually unapproving it in the DB and reapproving it in the Mod CP, it now shows up.)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 am

Upon being questioned on his abilities for this plan, he offers to identify structural weaknesses in the castle from any drawings and what he can remember from the outside structure to cause as much panic and damage as possible, ideally areas away from the armory where he suspects the infiltration teams entry point will be. He also mentions that while he doesn't have the ability to make bombs yet (check back in 1-2 levels when/if I learn demo charge) he does have ample supply of fire starting equipment, namely his death ray and flamethrower, as well as the flamethrower built into Rosebud.

(I would also remind you that when Rainer was met he claimed to be and Oda contractor. Some form of RP should probably happen to remove this perception in light of recent events. I doubt Terasaka would forget something as important as having an Oda contact. I'll put a post in Rainer's thread with him coming clean. I figure that's the best way for this to work out. Judson, It'll probably be a 1-on-1 with Terasaka. Marty, I might have a 1-on-1 with Shigeru too to discuss both SCIENCE and my character's origin.)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 pm

Shigeru can rig up a rather large and powerful explosive if need be.

(ONE BIG OL TERA BOMB!)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:29 pm

(Okay I am still trying to put together some kind of map for this place, yes I am very unused to dungeon design... but here are some questions filled in the meantime:)

Yes, the Saji do still have the original maps for the castle's basement. Obviously there's a good chance the Tanuki have made chances to various defensive mechanisms so they shouldn't be followed to the letter, but it's a good start. They'll have someone deliver a copy later in the night. But since they warded her against direct divination somehow, the only way to find her is to traverse the place in person and look for someone they held down there. The information is known by very few people though, so Saji Kazu doubt you'll find anything useful from just capturing some officer...

( Marty and Squall: make a Knowledge[engineering] check and a wisdom check to see what weaknesses/optimal targets you can pinpoint --- will be on map once it finishes, especially for a Terabomb )

Terasaka receives the follow reply later:
"Not really my problem, but then I don't need my captains whining to me about it either --- so what do you want?"
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am

Rainer's checks:
Know [Engineering]:
Wisdom:

[wah wah waaaahhhh]
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:35 pm

The best Rainer can think of right now is to detonate something with enough force, maybe a keg of gunpowder, near one of the watchtowers on the other side of the castle and bring it down. Surely that'll cause some commotion...

( Map of the castle's basement is up on the usual link... There are also six other armories on the same level built into the castle foundations, but all of them are standalone with only a gate to the outside. Only this one leds into a larger basement/dungeon area that connects to the upper levels. )

Genichirou also points out two more things to your plan:
1) You'll probably need an expert in dealing with traps (iirc Yuuta doesn't do disable device), since you'll be going dungeon-delving, literally
2) If there are guards directly covering the target, how will you neutralize them without revealing the fact that you've taken their charge? (Killing them makes things pretty obvious, after all)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Shigeru's checks
Knowledge [Engineering]:
Wisdom:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Shigeru notices that the firebomb catapults are parked right next to an armory built into the castle's northern walls. While he can't be certain, there is a decent chance that those rooms are used to house the flammable ammunition involved. Failing that, he can also try to topple one of those northern watchtowers with a well-placed explosion and collapse it on top of a nearby barracks.
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm

(Is it possible to do BOTH? Marty want big boom!)

GM: If you prepare enough bombs / grenades, yes. Shigeru estimates that at least a 9-bomb Terabomb would probably be needed to to topple the tower, and the ammunition could be set off at once with a decent 4-bomb Terabomb (assuming of course that it gets inside the storage room).

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

(What material is the armory wall made of? I assume stone? I'm questioning Rosebud's ability to put a hole in it large enough to drop the bomb.)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 pm

It's built into the castle's foundation, so yes stone, with heavy wooden gates.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Commune Questions:
Is Princess Sen being held on the lowest level of the dungeon?
-- No

(If no) Is she being held on the upper level of the dungeon?
-- Yes

Is she being held in the rooms that open into the northern corridor of the dungeon?
-- Sorta

Are there magical traps or wards aside from Alarm in the dungeon?
-- Yes

Do any of the guards in the dungeon have the capacity to see invisibility?
-- Yes
-(If yes) Do any of them have it active continuously?
-- no

Do any of the guards in the dungeon have the capacity to detect magic?
-- Yes
-(If yes) Do any of them have it active continuously?
-- no

(rest reserved for post-negotiation confirmations)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Guard Geas:
Geas: Obey all orders I give you to the best of your ability.

Orders: Freeze in place. Do not attack us. When I say go, you will leave the castle, avoiding detection. Do not let anyone find out from you that we were here. Once you leave, travel west as far as you can. Go.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Sending Reply to Rance:
"Semi-autonomy for Mikawa. We can work out the details in person if you're interested."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”