Rainer's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Rainer's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Kentarou scratched his head, "I'm not completely sure of how they work though--- I just know they're who the government hires when they develop weapons. The contracts are usually quite lucrative though and there's usually a lot of competition on who get grab it."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:42 am

"But wouldn't that be an offense contract if they're developing weapons? Although I guess that the best defense is a good offense." Rainer asks and then answers his own question. "And there are a lot of these companies or contracts where you come from? Normally these kinds of contracts are known about by commoners*. Or are you a Contract** as well?"

*use the politically correct term here. I'm not sure what to call him and don't want to insult him by calling him a commoner

**He is using this wrong unintentionally as he has only heard it while blurted out interrupting his train of thought and believes this to be the right way to use the term. (Should be corrected to ContractOR)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:27 pm

"Military budget is a matter of national defense," Kentarou shrugged, "that's what the politicos remind us anyways. I just hear about these things from the news... and no, I'm--- was, just a student before coming here."

"So was I!" exclaimed Miki.

(commoner works just fine.)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:11 pm

"Heard in the news, what a currious way to talk about the paper. A student you say, in what field? I tried a little dabbling in the arcane but found machines easier to understand."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:19 pm

"Uh--- middle school," Kentarou was scratching his head even harder now, "I guess that would be... generalist education? Math, sciences, Eng-languages, history, all that and some."

( technically, I guess they have primary education schools in this world as well, just not so distinctly defined into the tiers/levels/grades. )

"Hooo--- you must come from quite the rich family," Genichirou laughed.

"Not quite. More like mandatory education in my world."

"Fine, rich nation then," Genichirou shrugged, "a lot of our boys here would have loved such a privilege to go learn."

"Ken-chan, I'm going to go get seconds," Miki said as she got back up, holding her enormous bowl.

Kentarou stood up as well, gesturing for Miki to wait when Touka, whose been quietly listening this entire time, told him "I'll assist her."

Kentarou then sad back down with a sigh.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Rainer looks at Kentarou and asks (outta left field) "Have you sought the advice of a wizard since you've been sucked outta your realm?"
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Kentarou looks a bit embarrassed. "Yes. The mages at Zeth told us the gate for travelling into alternate worlds broke since the last use, so as far as they know, we're stuck here for the time being."
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:34 pm

"I'm sorry and I don't mean to embarrass you, but the reason I ask is that I have a device here that detects magic auras. It pinged when you and your sister showed up. Nothing nefarious. In fact, it says Universal school so I don't expect it to mean much. Just thought you should know, you might not have gotten your money's worth from that mage."
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

"Yeah... thanks, although we've known about that. It's amongst the reasons why Miki got pulled into this world in the first place," Kentarou shrugged. "As for me, that's probably because of Sunlight here on my back." He nods towards what seems to be a sword wrapped within cloth.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:17 am

Rainer seeks out the soldiers who used his equipment in the last combat to gather some feedback on how his gear performed, and see if there was anything he could do to cover anything he missed. He also sought to teach the men how to make the most out of their heavy armor. He also began asking to see who was interested in being trained in siege weaponry.

(Ask for whatever checks you deem appropriate and I'll make them. Kinda at a loss here.)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:14 pm

The men don't exactly understand what you ask for either. "Better" is the general response; it's armor, and it's fixed, can't say much other than that. The few of them who actually wears heavy armor obviously knows how to make use of heavy armor better than you can thought (Heavy Armor Optimization feat [RoS] is a standard for samurai), and those who don't aren't really interested in being weighed down by the bulky stuff.

You find only five warrior amongst the ranks who are moderately interested in learning about siege weapon use, although only two of them would care for indirect fire ones...
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm

Rainer returns from the summit and jots down notes on some ideas he had while the old men were talking about the "good old days" and decided that maybe the troops and leaders had something afterall. What if we took a classic (crossbow) and supersized it. While this had been done before to create the ballistae, it had never really been done in a way that a single soldier could use it and easily traverse terrain. After about an hour of note taking, he went to bed. In the morning he finished up a fairly detailed sketch and went to find the 5 mildly-interested siege soldiers to gather their thoughts on the design, as well as to try to lay the groundwork for having them join him as a member of either a Siege squad, or a Demolitions squad (or a combo of the two) using argements like Siege weapons work well with spotters, and if you're in a position to spot, why not have a few heavy crossbows to fire while you're there. He also points out that if you have really good scouters who can lay a demo charge or two, that the response is usually to move the troops in semi-predictable way (I'm no tactician but i'm sure that their either going to move towards the demo charge to look for survivors/check for who did this, or move away from the incident for fear of a second nearby explosion)

Diplomacy to sell the idea and lay the groundwork for using these guys as spotters in the future:
Know(tactics) for knowing how to use a Demo Team to prep for a Siege assault:
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Rainer manages to grab the interests of all five on the matter. The demolition idea they're not sure about but it certainly seems to appeal to their raider styles, but the crossbow/ballistae cross is what really captures their enthusiasm, offering a heavy weapon still lightweight enough to traverse bad terrain with them.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:18 am

Heartened by the enthusiasam of the troops, he gathers up his plans and goes to find the local woodsmen and carpenters to see about gathering wood and scrap metal for his new creations. Before he leaves, he makes certain to jot down the names of his 5 recruits and arranges to meet with them later that evening once he has gotten some materials for dinner to get to know them better.

Diplomacy:
to make a good first impression and show the validity of his design.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Rainer manages to impress a number of the resistance's carpentry and woodsmen as well, and they since it'll help upcoming operations, they agree to lend a hand for the first set of work as well. Although the trees here aren't of particular lumber quality, they should make do for any part of the siege engine frames not under high stress... (Rainer gains a -1/3 materials cost and +50% crafting speed for the initial squad of construction; afterwards they you'd have to arrange a deal of sorts since they're only so much they'll help out for free on =P)
|

()

Return to “Missions”