Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Rainer's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 pm

[ Index ]
[ ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Starting Information

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Rainer had been travelling across Mikawa province, on his way to Nagoya of Owari and then to Kyoto, hoping to pass through before the impending war between the Oda and Tokugawa clans could erupt in full--- but all that had been stopped when a Tokugawa samurai archer company that was probably moving up towards the northern front had stopped and arrested him on charges of 'improper dress conduct'. Apparently it was against the laws of Mikawa for an armed warrior not to be wearing tanuki armor, which were hide armor (often with reinforcing plates) that simply made the warrior look like a tanuki: utterly ridiculous. Somehow, the people he had gathered information on this area from neglected to give him this important piece of information. But under the threat of over a hundred well-trained longbowmen in close range and twice that number of accompanying ashigaru, Rainer decided it was best to surrender for the time being. The odds of escaping without being turned into a pincushion simply weighed too heavily against him...

With his equipment confiscated and his clockwork companion separated from him, Rainer had been taken, under guard, to a fortified army camp--- actually a logistics depot. Bad turned to worse when Rainer realized that apparently, based on the captain interrogating him, that the Tokugawa had mistaken him for an Oda clan supporter, and his clockwork companion for something called the "Tulip#3*". It was obvious the captain didn't know much information on what he's looking for, having to constantly look over to the scroll where his notes (or orders) were.

( Knowledge[engineering]: the Tulip#3 was a prototype tank vehicle created/piloted by Maria Custard and used during the Siege of Custom and Battle of The O. You also know that the prototype had been destroyed during the battle and the weapon had never been mass-produced, possibly due to technical difficulties of using many of these advanced prototypes... )

Nevertheless, the stay was short-lived. Rainer hadn't even spent a day behind bars when a resistance raid took the depot by storm to plundered its supplies. They also freed Rainer and recovered his gear for him, but Rainier had found out from the captured Tokugawa soldiers that his clockwork companion had been hauled off to Okazaki Castle (Tokugawa's administrative center) for further studies. With a major garrison and formidable defenses, rescuing his companion from the castle without getting either of them killed may be a challenge. In the meantime however, the boisterous rebel leader, Izayoi Genichirou, had invited him to stay at their mountain camp.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rainer's Events

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Rainer accepts the invitation though is clearly upset and depressed over the loss of his creation. He spends the first day after being freed taking extensive inventory of the small bits and pieces that had been taken to make sure that everything was there, and to tally what was lost before he began work on re-tuning his armor and fixing any broken functions on his Omni Tool. If there's any time left that day he asks to look at any of his rescuers broken weapons and performs minor repairs for them, anything to keep him busy until he can think clearly enough to figure out how to reclaim _____.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Rainer had finished his inventory-making and tuning within the first few hours, and went about the camp seeing what he could help fix...

The rebels' base camp itself was located deep within the mountains of northeast Mikawa and near the borders of Takeda's Kai province. It resembled the wooden stronghold of a group of mountain bandits in just about every way. Within its single gate, stockade walls and watchtowers, over a hundred rebel warriors lived, plus a hundred more assorted family members who worked the terrace farms leading up to the camp and managed to keep the place at least somewhat clean. The group as a whole were led by a ronin named Izayoi Genichirou and his sister, Izayoi Touka. It was almost hard to imaging the thirty-ish Genichirou being from a samurai family; his large brutish build-- complete with a neckbeard no less-- gruff personality, and loud demeanor made him seem more like a mercenary than anything else, and the apparent honesty of his eyes was certainly not the byproduct of any politicking. His younger sister Touka, on the other hand, while particularly tall (especially for a Japanese girl) like his brother, was reserved but very well-mannered; with her long black hair neatly trimmed in a multi-tiered hime-cut, she did actually have the aura of elegance that befitted a court lady. Nevertheless, the two seemed to share almost equal authority amongst the ranks and took turns leading raiding missions, leaving one behind to watch the camp while the other was away.

Genichirou was delighted when Rainer offered his help. The groups' weaponry was mostly in decent states, as warriors were taught to take care of their swords and bows. However, the same could not be said for their defensive siege engines--- two wheeled ballistae and two scorpion emplacements (on the towers). It's been years since the last Tokugawa counterattack, and they have seen little use and almost no maintenance since then. Some of their armor could also use some proper repairing, since they've simply been patching damage over the years due to a lack of armorsmiths.

As Rainer worked on the armor first, he briefly met the two other quests currently staying with the rebels: a traveling warrior named Ogawa Kentarou and his childhood friend Miki. The brown-haired Kentarou [], most likely still in his late teens, was a very cheerful young man (complete with happy-face smiley on his armor) who always had a innocent smile across his face. He identified himself as Japanese, although his sense of dress and style of speech was unlike any other Japanese Rainer had met. Miki [], on the other hand, was an energetic pink-haired little girl no older than fifteen at most (probably not even), and one can't help but wonder what she was doing adventuring.

After night fell, Genichirou invited Rainer to a feast: one to celebrate the raid's phenomenal success, and two as a welcoming party to their three guests (apparently the other two arrived only days ago). With no single hall large enough to accommodate all the people, the feast ended up being one of those open-aired meals, held in the courtyard where everyone sat or stood wherever they wanted while huge pots of food were cooked within sight. Genichirou, however, dragged both Rainer and Kentarou over to a round table nearby where he could satisfy his intrigue by asking everyone questions. Kentarou went first, and confusingly explained, as he didn't understand the details, that he was from a different world--- somehow, someone in this world pulled Miki in, who dragged him in alongside. (Sense Motive) Not being much of a liar, it was obvious that while Kentarou told the truth more or less, he also was hiding something--- big. But if Genichirou noticed, he made no comment about it as he turned over to Rainer with a jolly face and his mouth still partially stuffed with food:

"So what about you? Where are you from and what brings you to Japan?"

( also, need two impression checks [aka charisma checks] from you for earlier )
|

()

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 am

Impression checks:
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 pm

(slightly better than average; so attitudes don't really change much)
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 am

"Oh yeah I guess it is my turn." he stammers as if jolted out of a thoroughly interesting novel. "Well I'm from Custom of the FCA, on a Field test of a new device for the past month as well as gathering some data on local minerals. Then some of these knights showed up and claimed that I had breached law by not wearing what they called a 'Tanuki suit'. In all honesty I think it was just to take my machine. If I don't get it back soon I can kiss my career, and possibly the rest of my life, goodbye." Rainer says, slowing down at the end as the harshness of his situation hits him.

Bluff:
Diplomacy:
Disguise:

*Note that since entering JAPAN, he has used Minor Change Shape to appear more like a man from Custom and the FCA than his actual hometown.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:51 pm

"So you are from Custom then," Genichiro replied with a tinge of wariness in his voice, "how come you weren't with the rest of the Custom forces deployed with the Oda army then?"
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:24 pm

"Well the new prototype is a scouting device. I guess since you helped defeat this armament of Tokugawa I can tell you a little more." Rainer says with a slight hesitation, as though he's weighing how much intel he can give without getting in trouble when he returns. "I was also doing some Engineering Recon. Mapping out routes for troops to take, finding where a quick bridge would improve troop movements, where the enemy might lay some traps, some of the enemy patrol movements, that sorta thing. It's been a long month." Rainer pauses for a moment. "One that's going to get a lot worse too. The intel documents were stored in the device. Sunnova bitch." Rainer says as the present catches up with him again.

*cue wah wah waaaahhhh*
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:03 am

( ...and I rolled a 19 xD )

Genichirou clearly looked puzzled, if not suspicious, at what Rainer said. "Don't the Oda clan have ninjas to gather that kind of information? Besides, give how close Mikawa is to Owari, they should have had detailed maps of this already anyways--- why would they still send out a prototype on such a dangerous mission with so little to gain?"
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 am

"Well it wasn't easy to get them to let me go on this mission. I had to call in a few favors to get the green light and even then everyone was wary. The thing is, I had to prove that my device was worth continuing to develop, or else they were going to cut my funding and give it to that damned Tulip project. This was my last chance to keep my precious Rosebud* out of some warehouse for the rest of it's life." Rainer says with a little desperation showing through. "Now it might not even get that luxury."

*Yes I am going with codename Rosebud for now. Dunno if I'm actually calling it that or just using that for this cover.

Bluff:
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:31 pm

"Ah, so you're a defense contractor..." blurted out Kentarou. Genichirou looked confusingly towards him before he brushed it off, "never mind."

Genichirou then turned towards Rainer and shrugged, seemingly having accepted the explanation. "Can't say I know much about how such projects would work, especially in Custom. The last time I've been to the Free City Alliance was oh--- at least seven years ago. Back then, as far as I know, Custom was still only known for its Academy of Magic, not all the tech stuff you hear about today."
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:29 pm

"Yes well technology is finally starting to get some funding. The power sources for these devices aren't cheap, and neither is some of the more intricate components." Rainer says. "So what are your plans from here Genichirou?"
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

( hectic weekend =x )

Genichirou shrugged, "to be honest, I'm not sure yet. We started this rebellion when Touka and I returned from Toushin Toushi years ago and suddenly found not only our lord gone but the new rulers prosecuting us, so it felt natural to start up a rebellion right there and then. If the Oda does take over--- I guess we'd have to see..."
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:32 pm

(No worries)

"I guess we will." Rainer turns to the other guest "So, what were you saying about me being a Defense Contract? Something from your world? Tell me more about them."
(|)
(|)

Return to “Missions”