Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby Laharl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:16 am

Yuuta grabs a Headband of Perception.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 am

Terasaka claims the Crystal of Arrow Deflection.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Do you guys want to sell the rest of the equipment or keep them for equipping minions? xD

also added 8 tebasaki mounts to the list for anyone who wants to ride...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:40 pm

I say keep the armor, pikes, katanas, shields, and muskets to equip followers with, while selling the rest.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Ok, since no one has any objections, here's the final list:

+1 Keen Katana [sell]
+1 Katana x 12
Mwk Lance x 16 [sell]
Mwk Katana x 9
Mwk Pike x 14
Shortsword [sell]
+1 Musket w/ Mwk Sight (+2atk/+4spot on takeaim) x 9
Mwk Heavy Crossbow w/ Mwk Sight [sell]
Mwk Composite[+3] Yumi-Daikyu (Exotic Longbow) x 10 [sell, unless there are people who are proficient with them]
Mwk Composite[+1] Shortbow x 4 [sell]
Mwk Heavy Javelin (Pilum) x 11

+1 Full Plate x 20
+1 Great Armor (O-yoroi)[Pf:UC] x 12
+1 Tatami-do [Pf:UC] x 8
+1 Leather Lamellar [Pf:UC] x 4
Mwk Buckler x 25
+1 Buckler x 3
Pavise Shield x 2
Mwk Tower Shield x 14
Mwk Military Saddle [sell]
Mwk Horseshoes (setof4) x 23 [sell]

Ring of Communication [MIC] x 3 [Shigeru, Rainer, Genichirou]
Mwk Military Saddle w/ Mage Armor Enchant x 10 [sell]
Headband of Perception +2 x 7 [6xsell][1 claimed by Yuuta]
Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection [terasaka]
Shield of Faith Amulet [sell]
Reaching Item Launcher [sell]

Tebasaki Mounts x 8 [sell]
199gps of alchemical products with the Gunchemist [Shigeru]

We probably won't be selling all of this right away, since a lot is pretty clearly taken from Takeda soldiers. What channels do the rebels have for disposing of loot?

Also, it looks like we can equip 35 people as heavy-armored melee fighters with Full Plate or Great Armor and either katana/shield or a pike, and 9 musketeers. We'll talk to Genichirou about how to distribute these among the rebels, giving the heavy weapons and armor to the best melee fighters.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm

( Level'd up both Yumi and Sugire's stats )
( added the following troop information to the Bestiary: Merchant Cavalry Ashigaru, Armored Pikeman, Pavise Crossbowman, Gunmage, Matchlock Samurai/Mounted Gunner, Samurai Cavalry, Oumyouji Summoner/Mounted Summoner, Gunchemist )

Genichirou's men who ambushed the withdrawing raiders also captured two supply carts, with one being loaded with armor. He's not sure what to do with them at the moment, since most of his men are trained as skirmishers and wouldn't fight so well (or disciplined) as heavy infantry. A few of his warriors could use the armor upgrade, of course, and while Genichirou is interested in training some of the men as musketeers, he's not sure they have the time or ammunition to do it right now (takes a lot of bullets to train a gunner after all).

Genichirou takes from the loots:
Comm Ring - he has one, but his officers could always use another for coordination.
3 x Terasaki mount + horseshoes/saddle for them - they could always use more mounts for scouting/communications.
all the heavy javelins - since the resistance fighters are mostly skirmishers

Giving the Shield of Faith Ring to Rainer (for his construct, given that it draws attention like heck).

For selling them, the resistance are just planning to haul the goods over the back roads to a nearby province before selling them. The Oda hasn't solidified their control of Imagawa's former province of Tokaido yet so that might be a good place, or they can haul it all the way to the Hojo-controlled province of Edo (they're Takeda's foes anyways). In either case, it'll take a few days before those sent to sell the goods will return...
( but not like you'll be spending the money immediately as far as I can tell, so... )

( total good sold: ~25,000gps, minus some to pay for those who took the trip then divided 6 way between Yuuta, Shigeru, Rainer, Terasaka, Yumi, Genichirou, and Sugire for... )
( 3,500gps Each )
( remaining goods being added to party inventory - may need a few more bags of holding )

Also, what do you plan to do with that soldier you captured? The other ambushers also captured another three soldiers and isn't sure what to do about them.

Either way, everyone gets back safely to the stronghold in the afternoon.
( I'll work on the next part about Terasaka+Yuuta+Genichirou/Touka returning to Nakakuni Castle to discuss next stage plans... tell me if anyone is trying to do anything before that. )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Also, what do you plan to do with that soldier you captured? The other ambushers also captured another three soldiers and isn't sure what to do about them.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Brief Trip to Nakakuni Castle

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

( Since nobody is sure what to do with the captured guy, he'll be locked up until further notice, although right now Genichirou is thinking about just handing him back to the locals and they can administer their justice on him. )

It was late afternoon, and the autumn sun was nearing the horizon by the time Terasaka was ready to (Word-of-)Recall to Nakakuni Castle after everyone returned to camp and settled down...

( Dave --- is Yuuta coming? I just noticed you never said either way ).

As the group emerged from teleportation outside Nakakuni Castle, Genichirou commented nostalgically that he "hadn't felt that in years, but still as unpleasant as ever". Todoroki Yuu, who had been expecting them outside the castle gates, soon met up to give Terasaka (and Yuuta?) an overview of the recent political changes:

"...Tougou Tsuyoshi kinda signed us up with the Mouri--- it's, ummm, not really a vassalage, but then not an alliance either. The basics seem to be that in return for the Mouri letting us stay here unbothered, we're required to send warriors to assist the Mouri should their home territories, only their home territories, be invaded. B-but they, ummm, aren't bound by the military aid in return. Several of the other exile groups feels rather, well, betrayed by this, and the Wolf Fangs have been vocal in particular--- there's a lot of friction building between the two sides lately, and the Takuga band are trying to keep them from getting too bad."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

"Well, we can hardly blame him, given the situation we're in. If everything works out in Mikawa hopefully we'll be able to improve our position a bit. Is Lord Tougou in the castle now? He should be expecting us."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 am

(Sure, Yuuta will come if he's not busy spreading rumors.)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 pm

"Eh, I think he should be around." Todoroki Yuu said as he followed you into the Castle, growing more nervous by the moment --- this was probably his first time meeting Tsuyoshi Tougou directly.

After questioning a few Tougou personnel on their lord's whereabouts, you find him in his main office, still talking to several people, who were probably civilians from the local populace since they obviously didn't look like ex-exiles. Tsuyoshi Tougou quickly wrapped up the conversation after a guard informed him of your presence and sent the others off to discuss their matters -- some administrative stuff -- later.

"Yuuta, Terasaka, welcome. Please, take a seat." The young (ex)'feudal lord' was as flawless-looking as ever as he welcomed the group in. The nearly-empty room was probably one of the most traditionally decorated rooms in the Castle. There were no seats and barely any furniture, only a single work desk, a number of seating mats, and lots of maps and scrolls hanging off the walls. "---and I presume two you must be the Izayoi siblings."

Genichirou, who was handling himself far more formal than you could of expected, and Touka bowed deeply and introduced themselves before they entered the room and closed the door behind them.

"I am honored to have your assistance. Akiyama tells me you were amongst the finest samurai my father had. Please share your wisdom and support my inexperienced self whenever possible," Tougou said as he bowed from his seiza posture on the mat.

"You humble yourself too much my lord. The honor is all ours." Izayoi Touka responded with an even deeper bow.

Tougou nodded towards the two to hint that they'll continue the discussion later, before turning back to Yuuta and Terasaka:
"So how may I help you two?"
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:17 pm

( Oy Judson, since you asked for this I figured there was something you wanted to consult ? )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:42 am

"Well, our mission in Mikawa was originally fairly limited in scope. Simply gather what allies we could from those who remained loyal to your family, and bring them back here to aid us at Nakakuni Castle. We've gotten the rebels to agree, and we've been gathering information on the samurai houses.

"However, I believe that the presence of the Takeda army opposing the Oda conquest presents a tremendous opportunity. The situation is finely balanced, with neither of the powerful forces able to defeat the other. This means that only a small push would be needed to give one side a decisive advantage.

"This is what gives us our opportunity. With our limited forces, we have little chance of seizing Mikawa alone, especially against such a powerful array of enemies. But were we to ally with either the Oda or the Takeda, their support could give us the strength needed to stage a coup. Once you seized the government and presented your rule as a fait accompli, the samurai and human armies would have little loyalty to the tanuki.

"The idea is risky, and will take a great deal of refinement to become a workable plan. But the greatest risk is political, and that is why I needed to return here. Whichever side we allied with would demand much of you and of Mikawa, during the current battle and after, and we would hardly be in a position to refuse. The question is, do you want to take your country back, if it means sacrificing independence?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 pm

The door knocked twice before sliding open, and Tougou's chief of staff Akiyama Keiichirou bowed respectfully. "Sir, you called?"

Tsuyoshi Tougou nodded and gestured Akiyama in before requesting Terasaka to repeat what he just said, then stared back at him in all seriousness:

"With Takeda Shingen's record in mind --- and based on the ambitious military actions of Oda as of late, this Rance is likely to be the same --- neither has shown much regard for the need of allies, only vassals. So, are you proposing to help one of them by entering their service and granting them a decisive edge in return for control of Mikawa under them?"
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm

"Essentially, yes."

Terasaka pauses a moment before continuing.

"It is a deal with the devil, exchanging tanuki rule for domination by a foreign power. But this is probably your last, best hope to regain your country, at least to a degree. Whether it is worth it, only you can decide."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”