Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Moderator: Zanaikin

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Rainer readies to Make Whole on Rosebud should he start to take damage.

The Turret seeks to finish off PS3:
Attack 29 Touch
24 Electric Damage

Rainer: 66/66HP, 36AC, 26 Touch, DR 10/- 5/Pierce Invisible, Immune to arrows and bolts
Rosebud: 135/135 HP, 39 AC, 28 Touch, DR 6/- 5/Pierce, Immune to arrows and bolts
Tesla Turret: HP 84/84, AC 24, Touch 3, DR 21/-, Attacker may take a Full Round action to line up and make 1 attack get auto hit melee, or +5 ranged.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Pike#3 drops as the bolt of electricity fries him in his armor...

The three crossbowmen were about to turn to run before reinforcements arrived in the form of three more mounted samurai--- the rest of all their mounted troops. Under their shouts, the three turned back around and began to reload their heavy crossbows. The mounted samurai then rode south before firing at Rainer's construct from the east, except the arrows bounced harmlessly off it. Putting the bows back in their holders, the mounted soldiers reached for the heavy spears carried on their backs...

Genichirou charges into the left-side pikes, parrying one aside while letting the others graze off his heavy armor, before sending his massive nodachi blade straight into PS5. The sword had cut deep, but the heavy armor of the pikeman had saved his life, for now.

( next: Terasaka/Judson, Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave, Yumi/Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Yuuta moves to U6 and slices at the prone samurai.

Attack: 12+22=34
Damage: 41

AC: 38 (+4 vs movement AoOs)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:47 pm

Shigeru moves to I11 and launches an explosive bomb at the Crossbow-wielding Samurai.

(Attack vs CS3: 1d20+18 → [16,18] = (34))
(Attack vs CS1: 1d20+18 → [1,18] = (19), nat 1, misses CS1)
(Damage vs CS3: 8d6+10 → [6,6,6,3,5,4,5,2,10] = (47 fire, plus catch fire (DC23 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damave vs CS1: No direct damage since bomb missed, see Splash)
(Splash to CS1, CS2, CS2: 18 fire damage, DC21 REF for half)

AC: 32, immune to arrows and bolts
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Terasaka moves up to W14 and casts Murderous Command on Mounted Samurai 3 (Will save DC 21 or attack the nearest ally)

AC: 41; +7 guard

Yumi fires a Critical Shot on Mounted Samurai 5 (the one in AI-15, although he's labeled 3).

Attack: 1d20+19 = 36
Damage: 9d8+3 = 58

AC: 33
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 am

Yuuta's blade cuts deep into his armor, although it didn't quite kill...

Shigeru's bomb left one of the samurai within barely an inch of his life, which was promptly snuffed out seconds later by the flames, while badly burning the other two nearby.

For a second Terasaka's spell almost seemed to affected the mounted soldier as his eyes turned on his ally, but the target managed to (barely) resist it.
Yumi's shot however knocks the other mounted trooper off his horse, and after a hard crash onto the ground he stopped moving altogether.

PS7 tries to get up from the ground to run away ( AoO provoked from Yuuta ). His three comrades nearby also withdrew to run away as they realized how badly the three of them were outclassed by their two foes...

The three on the right side of the supply cart thrust their pikes at Rosebud simultaneously, only to glance off the armor once again. With their left wing collapsed they were of a mind to flee the battle as well...

( next: Rainer/Squall + Rosebud )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:29 am

Yuuta slices and dices.

Attack: 3+22=25
Damage: 38

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 am

Rosebud wails again on these soldiers (5ft stepping if he has to), with his last attack being another attempt to sunder a Tower Shield

PS9:
Attack 38
Damage: 56 Piercing

PS10:
Attack 40
Damage: 51 Piercing

Sunder attempt on PS10 (if dead, aim for PS11):
(attack is 4(BAB) 13(STR) 2(Size) 1(WpnFocus) 1(Mastercraft) 2(Imp Sunder) 3(Morale))
CMB roll: 46 (NAT 20!)
Confirm:
Bludgeoning Damage: 52, ignores hardness as Adamantine
Bludgeoning Crit Damage: 150, ignores hardness as Adamantine.

the turret then seeks out whoever is still alive (priority to most wounded of PS9-10-11)

Attack 29 Touch
Damage: 33 Electric

Rainer continues to evaluate how well his machines are doing, and readies to unleash a Lightning Blast when MS3 and MS4 get in range of the PS9-11 group (all within 30ft. of MS3)
(Omni tool in Lightning Blast and Turret functions)

Rainer: 66/66HP, 36AC, 26 Touch, DR 10/- 5/Pierce Invisible, Immune to arrows and bolts
Rosebud: 135/135 HP, 39 AC, 28 Touch, DR 6/- 5/Pierce, Immune to arrows and bolts
Tesla Turret: HP 84/84, AC 24, Touch 3, DR 21/-, Attacker may take a Full Round action to line up and make 1 attack get auto hit melee, or +5 ranged.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:48 am

PS7 actually manages to guard against Yuuta's attack with his shield as he stood back up and bolted for it... ( Yuuta gets another AoO, if you feel like burning another immediate action )

Rosebud's first hit was parried off by the defender's shield wall, while a second attack was blocked by the assistance of the target's neighbor. Rainer could swear that these last few pikemen that stood fought better than the earlier ones. Nevertheless, the last strike completely smashed PS9's shield into pieces AND cut halfway into the torso of the man behind him. The target dropped like a bag of meat as blood poured out of him...
(giving you a cleaving sunder for that crit ;P)

Rainer's turret zaps PS10, although he withstood the damage...

The two mounted samurai drew their heavy spear/lances and charged at Rosebud, passing by the pikemen from their south...
( Rainer's readied action triggered )
( Rosebud also gains an attack of opportunity )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 am

Yuuta takes the opening the idiot so kindly gave him.

Attack: 17+22=39
Damage: 36

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

Rainer lets loose a lightning Blast, main target MS3, secondary targets PS9-11 and MS4 Ref DC 20 for Half damage

MS3 takes 25 Electric (Ref DC20 for half)
PS9, PS10, PS11, and MS4 take 12 Electric (Ref DC20 for half)

Rosebud makes his attack of opportunity:

Attack 32
Damage 56 Piercing
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Yuuta stabs the pikeman dead from the back just as he attempted to flee...

Rainer's lightning blast struck MS3 full, but MS4 managed to evade its chain, while the two pikemen interposed their shields and armor to channel the electricity into the ground with minimum damage to themselves. Nevertheless, MS3 died a bloody death seconds later as Rosebud's polearm sheared his torso off before his lance could impact.

The same could not be same for the other mounted trooper. His lance went unerring into one of the joints between Rosebud's torso and legs, piercing its armor and penetrating deep into its servo-muscle components, effectly destroying all connection with two of the legs and leaving them lamed pieces of steel just dangling from the main body.
( Critical hit: Rosebud takes 60 piercing dmg, -50% speed penalty until damage is healed [avoided the ability damage since its a construct] )
The trooper then let's go of the lance and leaves it buried in Rosebud...
( Impalement: Rosebud is Entangled [but can't take bleed damage] until one of you pulls the lance out with a DC26 Strength check )

Shigeru, the only one not obstructed by the woods, notices dust coming from the southwest. There were more troops coming, although they're still quite a distance away (~1mi). Several Takeda banners could be seen leading the column...

EDIT (forgot some stuff):
In the meantime, the fire at the grain stores was growing bigger, and Yuuta was starting to feel the heat...

The crossbowmen in the back took aim and shot at Yuuta to cover the left wing's retreat, and one of the bolts managed to strike him. Not wanting to be left without melee cover, they also turned and began to retreat towards the north.
( Yuuta takes 22 piercing damage )

( next: Terasaka/Judson, Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave, Yumi/Judson )

( Judson your Fickle Winds is killing me to the point that Squall is complaining about this being too easy xD I need to start giving everyone javelins as backup weapons or something. )
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:01 pm

(POWER CREEP POWER CREEP POWER CREEP! Don't say I didn't warn you! :nhk: )

(Burning a Hero Point to create....THE WATER BOMB! (basically, its a bomb that acts as the spell instead of dealing damage. no, I have no idea who it works. maybe some sorta hydrogen reaction that has H2O as its end product. what do I look like, a chemist :?: :!:)

Shigeru gets a bright idea :idea:, mixes some chemicals together, and launches them at the fire that threatened to engulf to grain store (aiming for S9).
(Attack: 1d20+18 → [11,18] = (29))
(Effect: 22 Gallons of water cover squares S8, T8, S9, and T9 to put out the fire!)

AC: 32, immune to arrows and bolts
14 Bombs Left for the day
Grenade Stockpile: 14 Regular (level 11), 14 Explosive (level 11), 3 Force (level 11)

[ GM: Shigeru uses Firefight, it's super effective! ]
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 am

Yuuta maneuvers to AA12 and stabs at PS11, glad to be away from the fire.

Attack: 11+20=31
Damage: 34

AC: 38, 42 vs movement AoOs

(Stupid mounted trooper being 45 feet away...)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Shigeru's bomb puts out the fire with super-effectiveness~

The soldier interposes his tower shield between him and Yuuta, deflecting the blade easily...

( still to go: Terasaka/Judson, Yumi/Judson )
|

()

Return to “Missions”