Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:27 pm

(Sheesh Judson make a post when you edit a non-latest post--- I was almost about to keep waiting for another day or two xP)
(Terasaka has been placed in H18)

Init: Shigeru/Marty(27) -> Yuuta/Dave(26) -> Yumi/Judson(14) -> Pikemen(13) -> Mounted(11) -> Rainer/Squall+Rosebud(10) -> Genichirou(8) -> Crossbowmen(6) -> Terasaka/Judson(0)

Buff List (CL):
Shigeru/Marty: Mass Shield of Faith(12), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful(12), Fickle Winds (12), Protection against Arrows (7)
Yuuta/Dave: Camouflage (9)
Rainer/Squall: Mass Shield of Faith(12), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful(12), Fickle Winds (12), Protection against Arrows (7), Invisibility Sphere (7)
Rosebud/Squall: Mass Shield of Faith(12), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful(12), Fickle Winds (12), Protection against Arrows (7)
Terasaka/Judson: Mass Shield of Faith(12), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful(12), Fickle Winds (12), Girallon's Blessing (12), Fuse Arms (12), Protection against Arrows (7)
Yumi/Judson:
Genichirou: Mass Shield of Faith(12), Righteous Wrath of the Faithful(12), Fickle Winds (12), Protection against Arrows (7), Invisibility Sphere (7)

( Yuuta & Yumi doesn't get Terasaka's most recent buffs, for obvious reasons =P )

Genichirou and Terasaka's rattling armor drew the attention of the rearmost pikemen, but before they could even turn to look in the general direction of their still-invisible foes, Yuuta charged out of the woods and drives his shortsword through one of them. His victim staggers under the surprise attack, his face twisting in shock and horror...
(target shaken but still alive and well)

Yumi's arrow punched straight through her target's helmet, and the cavalryman was dead even before his body hit the ground. Based on the confused looks and wildly scanning eyes, the nearby enemies couldn't even figure out where exactly the arrow had even come from.

( next: Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave, Yumi/Judson )

( note: as usual, not going to run by exact player order to speed things up; if you're waiting for another player in the same queue, post it! So we don't get some race condition of two players waiting on each other and none being the wiser. We can always delete useless posts =P )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Yumi shifts her aim to the second mounted samurai.

Critical Shot to the head at Mounted Samurai 1.
Attack: 1d20+19 = 34
Damage: 9d8+3 = 56

Stealth Check: 1d20+6 = 23 (includes -20 penalty for attacking this turn)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Shigeru moves to E17 and launches a bomb at Pike Samurai 3.
(Attack vs PS3: 1d20+18 → [13,15] = (31))
(Attack vs PS2: 1d20+18 → [16,15] = (34))
(Damage to PS3: 8d4+7 → [2,1,2,4,3,4,4,1,7] = (28 force, DC21 REF save or be knocked prone)
(Damage to PS2: 8d4+7 → [4,1,2,2,3,2,4,3,7] = (28 force, DC21 REF save or be knocked prone)
(Splash Damage to PS4: 11 Force damage, DC21 REF save for half. Yuuta excluded from splash.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Yumi sends another arrow through the skull of a mounted trooper, killing him in one strike...

Shigeru's bomb smashes into PS3 and bounces onto the one next to him, its blast knocking both of them off their feet and face-first onto the ground.

( next: Yuuta/Dave - figured you'd want to know Marty's results first )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 am

Yuuta does a little gymnastics to find himself at T10 and slices at the shocked pikeman.

Acrobatics: 18+27=45
Attack: 11+20=31
Damage: 39

AC: 38 (+4 vs movement AoOs)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 pm

The pikeman on the ground stopped struggling after Yuuta's blade slashed across the back of his neck.

Facing what seems to be no more than two or three ambushers, the pike samurai took their tower shields off their back and readied them before moving into combat formation, although some of the more senior soldiers had to shout a lot to get them to do so. Three of the enemies nearby lunged at Yuuta with their spearheads but his gymnastics easily ducked and weaved around them.

( next: Rainer/Squall + Rosebud )

( everyone post ACs when posting action please )
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:14 am

Rainer flips a few switches on his Omni tool, turns a knob and starts spinning a wheel and out comes a turret that mounts onto the top of Rosebud and crackles with electricity (Full round action to create a Tesla Bolt Turret [2AP])

Meanwhile, Rosebud moves into range and tries to sunder PS3's Tower Shield (Move action to get to R-S 13-14)

CMB Roll: +2 [Imp Sunder] = 47
(29 = 9[bab]+13[Str]+2[size]+1[weapon focus]+1[mastercraft]+3[Morale])

Damage: Choose to shatter the shield if I can.

The tessla bolt turret then makes an attack on the PS3:
touch attack
Electric damage

Rainer: 66/66HP, 36AC, 26 Touch, DR 10/- 5/Pierce Invisible, Immune to arrows and bolts
Rosebud: 135/135 HP, 39 AC, 28 Touch, DR 6/- 5/Pierce, Immune to arrows and bolts
Tesla Turret: HP 84/84, AC 24, Touch 3, DR 21/-, Attacker may take a Full Round action to line up and make 1 attack get auto hit melee, or +5 ranged.
Last edited by Squall255 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

The armored rosebud charged straight up to the pikes and shattered his tower shield with a single swing. The nearby enemies' eyes widened in surprise and fear as a massive construct emerged from invisibility the exact same second as it demonstrated that it could effortlessly reduce their defense to nothing more than splinters...
A stream of electricity then zapped the same samurai a second after, although it didnt seem to injure him all that much.

Genichirou was rushing up as fast as his heavy armor would allow (double move). Sugire, in the meanwhile, ducked into the trees as he had no business in the middle of a fight.

The three crossbowmen in the back took aim at the new construct and fired, only to be demoralized as their bolts didn't even make contact with the target before being deflected away...

Some of the raiders who had gone further north were beginning to take notice of the commotion south of them and were turning around...

( btw, Fickle Winds doesn't make you immune to "ranged", just arrows and bolts =P )

( next: Terasaka/Judson, Shigeru/Marty, Yuuta/Dave, Yumi/Judson )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:41 am

Terasaka advances to Q14, taking cover behind the Rosebud.

AC: 41; +7 guard

Yumi repositions herself in the forest, moving closer to the protection of the rest of the squad.

Move to T16

Stealth Check: 1d20+26 = 29
AC: 33
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:07 pm

(Judson, I did your moves on the map since we do have permissions to do that :p)

Shigeru moves to I14 and launches an explosive bomb at PS7!

(Attack vs PS7: 1d20+15 → [19,18] = (37))
(Attack vs PS1: 1d20+15 → [15,18] = (33))
(Damage vs PS7: 8d6+7 → [6,1,4,1,1,4,6,1,10] = (34 fire, plus catch fire (DC23 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damave vs PS1: 8d6+7 → [4,6,1,5,6,6,5,4,10] = (47 fire, plus catch fire (DC23 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash to PS5, PS6, PS8: 18 fire damage, DC21 REF for half)

AC: 32, immune to arrows and bolts
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Shigeru's bomb ignites the two soldiers and badly injures PS1, while all the others nearby also caught the full blast of it, even if their armor shielded them from the worst of the damage.

As far as she could tell, the enemy didn't seem to notice Yumi's movements

( damnit rolled nothing over 10 all morning... )
( next: Yuuta/Dave )
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Yuuta charges at PS1, ending at T8.

Attack: 6+22=28
Damage: 40

AC: 36

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Yuuta manages to duck below all five pikes as he charged in. His sword, combined with the fire already engulfing his target, quickly took the pikeman's life.

PS3 dropped to the ground and screamed as he rolled about, trying to put out the fire, and surprisingly managed to suceed. The remaining three thrusts out again with their weapons, only to be evaded yet again. At this point they were visibly shaken given that despite losing four already, they haven't even managed to scratch the attackers...

Meanwhile, the other set of pike samurai managed to form a line to the right of the ox-drawn cart and set their spears in defense of the giant construct
(provokes an AoO from Rosebud: does cost an immediate action btw).

( next: Rainer/Squall )
|

()

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 am

AoO: (The +3 is the morale boost from Judson)

Rosebud then moves to W-X 12-13 and attacks PS4, PS1, and lastly, PS3.
PS4:
46 Attack(Nat 20)
51 Damage (Piercing)
Crit Confirm:
Damage if Crit: 147 (Piercing)

PS1:
33 Attack
54 Damage (Piercing)

PS3: (-5 from iterative attack)
30 Attack
45 Damage (Piercing)

*Remainder of action depending on what's left standing*
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Rainer's construct badly bloodies PS3 as he tries to withdraw to form a line, and a second swing smashes into PS4 from above and splits down his helmet, cutting his head apart instantly. However the two follow up swings were both blocked as the defenders shifted their tower shields into a wall to guard against the attack.

( waiting on rest of actions... )
|

()

Return to “Missions”