Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 4: Mikawa Recruitment

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:33 pm

"Well, the obvious question is whether we have a specific plan once we get there. Are there particular people we want to contact, or any places or groups that you think might be especially receptive?

"Also, do we have places to stay and a story to tell officials prepared? I imagine the authorities would be quite suspicious of foreign travellers during a war."

(Since the Wind at Back buff was the main thing we wanted, that should be fine)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:34 am

Taira frowned, "unfortunately, we don't have any definitely supporters still remaining in Mikawa territory."

"But that doesn't mean we don't have plenty of opportunities or prospectives," said Tougou, "we have a list of samurai families who may become supportive--- those who choose to remain in Mikawa were also once some of our most trusted subordinates, after all... Of course, the key terms are... may become. There is a chance some of them were traitors to begin with." Resting his chin on his hand, Tougou wondered aloud: "but if that were the case, there'd be no reason to throw it in with that lot now--- what are those people thinking?"

Taira nodded silently in agreement. "Also, there is one notable resistance group still in the area; not that they're organized any better than normal bandits," he said with obvious disdain.

Sugire then waved his hand energetically, "and I've got a good way for us to stay hidden during rest--- extradimensional plus illusions should do the trick easy. I'm not sure about the travelling part though, but I can disguise us as anyone we need."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:45 pm

"Well, one thing we need to decide is whether we want to spark a revolution or just convince a few houses of samurai to leave. We have enough skilled infiltrators that targetting the common folk, particularly the human soldiers, and stirring them up with rumors would probably not be too difficult. Admittedly, a revolution would probably allow Oda to take over during the chaos."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:49 pm

"Unfortunate, that'll probably happen anyways---" said Tougou in a serious and borderline grim tone, "with Kenshin's withdraw and Tokugawa's current resources, it's very unlikely they'll win against the Oda. The Takeda aren't interested in letting either win--- they just want to disrupt the war enough to make Oda suffer, especially when it comes to taking Mikawa castle."

"...and insofar as revolutions go," Tougou's gaze shifted to Terasaka with the usual smile and intrigued yet wary eyes, "it seems someone has quite a bit of that planned already."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 am

"I don't know if I would say that, but its true that I've been spreading around some ideas to the local villagers. If we're going to survive more than a few months we need support, more than just a few families of samurai who want to see you restored to power. Not too many will be willing to give their blood and sweat for an old family ten years out of power and still exiled from their own territory. If we ever want to be more than just a crowd of bandits camping out in a stolen castle, we must have a cause, and one that will matter to everyone."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 pm

For just a brief second (to your high sense motive mod), Tougou seems to be taken back by Terasaka's direct words. He then shrugged his shoulders, "I do admit that we'll need far more than personal or familial loyalty to accomplish this; relying on the Tougou name alone will never manage anything big, even for me. But unfortunately for this mission," he grinned in an almost challenging manner, "you may just have to rely upon that--- it'll be hard to persuade warriors to abandon their homeland and town to go halfway across the country to yet another battlefield otherwise--- either way, I'll let you decide how to manage this."

(any more questions/plans/requests you guys have? tell me whenever you finish asking so I can move on...)
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 pm

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:04 pm

"I don't think we need to stop for anything. We should continue on to Mikawa at top speed."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Shigeru votes for taking a trip to Nagoya so that he can pick up supplies he has been unable to obtain in the wilds.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 pm

Yuuta has no particular need to visit the city, but if there's an urgent need, he'll stop in.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am

"If Shigeru needs supplies we'll stop. Set course for Nagoya, full speed!"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:46 pm

"Roger that~" Sugire responded, his excited voice revealing his own anticipation...

The group arrives outside the Nagoya castle town just over three hours later. It was a large and prosperous town built around the Oda's seat of power--- the formidable three-tiered Nagoya Castle, with its towering structure looming over the rest of the city. Two main avenues T-crossed at the paved parade grounds just outside the castle's northern gates, which had been turned into the central marketplace, with street vendors and merchant shops lined up on both sides without any room to spare. It would seem Oda's foreign allies had brought more than just troops and weapons, for many of the merchants were peddling wares from the continent: from enchanted tools of Zeth to polished metal-ware bearing the crest of Leazus. There was even a Zeth blacksmith, who seems to have teamed up with the shop of a reputed local swordsmith, selling what was advertised to be the lightest metal armor in the world--- made from mithral mined from the Demon Realms' borders.

Akira had went ahead of the group for a brief check of the town, and returns to tell that the outer security was pretty lax. With most of Oda's leaders and troops on campaign in Mikawa, the only forces remaining focused their attention on guarding the castle itself. Only a few peacekeeping patrols and off-duty soldiers could be found in the market. As long as nobody draws attention to themselves, it should be easy to get what's needed and leave before they'd ever know...

Ayumu volunteered to stay behind in the woods to watch the Phantom Steeds. Dismissing them was another option, but they could still last quite some time assuming the group doesn't take more than an hour or two...

( you can buy items up to 5k gps here; if Shigeru's supplies are the only thing, I'll update again tomorrow )
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 pm

At around noon, after nearly two hours, Shigeru finally finished stocking up on supplies, having found almost all of the components and chemical he needs from various shops. The group returned to their mounts in the woods to continue on towards Mikawa...

Seven phantom steeds cantered through the woods near the Owari-Mikawa provincial border, still moving at a breakneck speed thanks to the shadow steeds' innate nature and the lasting support magic that still gives them a constant 'downwind' push. There was nothing keeping the magical steeds from going into full gallop, except that most of the riders are hardly experienced in riding and navigating through the trees at this high speed was already a troublesome process. In fact, Terasaka had already crashed into a tree and badly injured himself earlier this trip (*his dex sucks =P*).

The only alternative would be to take the main road, where the armies of Oda and Tokugawa were still facing off against one another--- no one wanted to risk that one. In fact, Sugire had avoided even the small roads during this entire trip in order to bypass any picket guards or soldiers/mercenaries that may be journeying from one place to another...

"We've already crossed the border into Mikawa!" Sugire said loudly over the passing winds, "should be---"

He then cut off instantly when a shell trumpet resounded in the distance to the northeast, following by several more echoing the same orders...

"---Oda and Tokugawa must be tearing apart each others' throats again..."

"Probably Oda," said Ayumu, his droopy eyes didn't even shift a single bit from focusing on the trees ahead, "they have to keep up the pressure on (Honda) Tadakatsu and (Tokugawa) Leyasu's forces; keep them from withdrawing to Yoshida Castle to counter Oda's southern advance."

"Hou~~ I didn't know you were of a tactical mind, Ayumu." Sugire said in an impressed voice.

"Master, Lord Yamamoto," he responded curtly.

"IseeIsee..." Sugire nodded cheerfully, "anyhow, we--- where was I?... oh right... we're coming up on Okazaki Castle, Tokugawa's main fortification in the north. Where should we go first? Infiltrate the main castle town in the area? Seek a meeting with some of the samurai clans we're looking for? Or to go find and meet up with the resistance groups first? What do you think?"
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm

"We should contact the resistance groups first to find out what they know about the situation here. We definitely need more information before we contact the samurai clans, and it would also be good to find out as much as possible before entering one of the major towns."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”