Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:34 pm

(Okay, good. And I now realize it didn't really matter. Bloody concealment. Guess I'll be replacing that surprise round talent with something after this fight, or trading in trap sense or something...)

Yuuta moves 10' north (Acrobatics 16) and stabs at the visible ninja.

Attack: 28
Damage: 13
AC: 32 (+4 vs the likely AoO)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 am

The ninja parries off Yuuta's attack...

Kikkawa tries to break free of the seaweed binding her and fails to do so. She also looks extremely badly injured already at this point, as well as weak from magic debuffs... (careful about killing her).

( next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:56 am

Terasaka makes a quick feint with the head of his morningstar before shifting his grip and attempting to bash Kikkawa with the haft, avoiding a deadly blow.

(CE still active)
Bluff: 1d20+21 = 35
Attack: 1d20+26 = 45
Damage: 3d8+20 = 39 subdual

AC: 37;+6 guard
HP: 54/70
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Shigeru launches a bomb at the shadowcaster in AL23.

(Attack vs A8 Archer: 1d20+15 = 30)
(Damage to J12: 7d6+7 = 36 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))
(10' Radius Splash Damage: 14 fire, DC20 Ref for half)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Terasaka's morningstar hammers into the already weakened and badly injured Kikkawa, knocking her out cold.

Shigeru's bomb strikes the shadowcaster and exploded. It was slightly migitated by a defensive ward, but nevertheless seriously injuring him and setting him on fire. An archer's arrow then strikes the shadowcaster as he attempted to cast a spell over himself, killing him (and lifting the patch of shadows).
[note that if your target is not in a marked lighted area, you're still taking shadow illumination penalties unless you have darkvision or low-light vision]

Todoroki attempts to attack the nearby ninja with his plant vines, but misses both times.

Yumi sends an arrow through the neck of one of the ninjas, killing him instantly.

Four ninjas surrounded Yuuta and attacked him, but he easily dodged three of their strikes while parrying off the last starknife (Guard).

The last of the samurai ran up the southwestern ramps and entered the melee that was pushing back the spear line, and was now pinning the southernmost group against the walls of the archery tower. The supporting ninja groups also climb into the battlements from the walls, many of them already badly injured by the layers of thorns Todoroki conjured outside the western battlements...

The chaotic stream of information over the comm seems to indicate that the enemy's northern wing was on the verge of complete collapse, with all of its ashigaru routed, its ninjas and reserve samurai units in retreat, and most of its remaining samurai surrounded by the defensive and counterattack forces of the alliance.

The north and central western line was still holding--- the northwestern corner particularly, where Tougou's lieutenants lead a counterattack and was now repulsing the enemy's last attack from the walls.

The enemy's ninja forces in the south, albeit casualties from the inner battlement archers and slowing down from Todoroki's spikes in the west, have mostly pushed through the eastern reserves' defensive line (killing most of them). But with the fall of their commander, their maneuvering slowed down drastically and some of its squads began to retreat--- moving towards the southern walls to climb back down.

Tougou was shouting over the comm (and probably to those near him): "the enemy has already failed! victory is within our grasp! hold the line and their formations will soon collapse in on themselves!"

( next: Dave )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Yuuta grins at being in such a...target-rich environment. He then slices at the visible ninja between him and Todoroki twice.

Attacks: 26, 44 (nat 20), 27 confirm
Damage: 29, 45 if confirm, 35 if not

AC: 37

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 pm

The ninja parries off Yuuta's first strike, but the second thrust sent the shortsword straight through the ninja's heart, killing him instantly.

( next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 pm

Shigeru gets a flash of inspiration, adjusts one of his bombs, and launches it towards the warlord.
(Hero Point to emulate Force Bomb)

(Attack vs Samurai Warlord: 1d20+15 = 33)
(Attack vs Naginata Samurai O2: 1d20+15 = 24)
(Damage to Samurai Warlord: 7d4+7 = 26 force, plus fall prone (Ref DC20 to remain standing))
(Damage to Naginata Samurai O2: 7d4+7 = 24 force, plus fall prone (Ref DC20 to remain standing))
(5' Radius Splash Damage: 14 force, DC20 Ref for half) (only hits Samurai P2)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Teraska shouts, "Kiku is down! Victory is ours!" as he runs up to Q18 and attacks the samurai in P19.

Attack: 1d20+26 = 37
Damage: 3d8+24 = 41

AC: 35; +6 guard
HP: 55/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Shigeru's bomb smashes into both of the samurai and knocked the naginata samurai over, but inflicted only light to moderate injuries.

Terasaka's morningstar smashes past the samurai's guard and into his shoulders, leaving him bloodied but still able to fight.

Yumi took a shot at a nearby samurai but missed.

Todoroki casts a swift spell and a gust of wind blew him upwards into the air. As he drifted down while gliding westwards towards the spear line he began to cast another spell...

The enemy's samurai line pushed up again, pinning the southernmost spear group against the archery tower's walls while cutting holes in the rest of the defensive line. Several of the ninjas also managed to go into invisibility before tossing their starknives into combat, aiming straight for their opponent's vitals; thankfully Terasaka's timely arrival also suppressed the invisibility from many of them, giving the allied troops a chance to properly defend themselves.

The samurai Terasaka injured steped up before attacking (but missed), opening a gap where another samurai charged through, but Terasaka parried off his sword (Guard).
Another samurai charged Yumi but was also dodged.

Three ninjas stepped into flanking positions to attack Yuuta in conjunction, but all of them missed badly (crap rolls >.>)

"Their northern flank had already collapsed! Reinforcements will be here soon! Hold the line and victory will be ours!" yelled Nagumo Keiko to the spearmen near her. Yet based on the comm, it was unlikely for any notable reinforcements to get here. The northern counterattack force may have crushed their opposition, but they took heavy casualties in turn and were already spent. Meanwhile Tougou's units in the northwest were still bogged down beating back a retreating enemy, while the castle reserves of group 4 were still engaged with the rearguard of the retreating ninjas...

But even though it was already impossible for just the enemy's southwest contingent to win the battle on their own, the warlord continued to push his men forward... maybe it was to buy time for other comrades, maybe its because a withdraw would be easier after shattering their opposition... but even they were beginning to waver as they notice their northern allies retreat and being cut down.

( next: Dave, Marty, Judson )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Shigeru launches another modified bomb towards the Warlord.
(Inventor Title to get another use of Force Bomb)

(Attack vs Samurai Warlord: 1d20+15 = 27)
(Attack vs Naginata Samurai Q4: 1d20+15 = 26)
(Damage to Samurai Warlord: 7d4+7 = 25 force, plus fall prone (Ref DC20 to remain standing))
(Damage to Naginata Samurai Q4: 7d4+7 = 27 force, plus fall prone (Ref DC20 to remain standing))
(5' Radius Splash Damage: 14 force, DC20 Ref for half) (only hits Samurai Q2)

[GM Edit: the bomb strikes both of them and knocks down the naginata samurai, whose now heavily wounded...]

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Terasaka makes a full attack against the samurai facing him. (PA on, first attack against injured one, if he's still up second attack will also target him, otherwise shift to P19 samurai.)

Attack 1:
Attack: 1d20+26 = 41
Damage: 3d8+24 = 38

Attack 2:
Attack: 1d20+21 = 36
Damage: 3d8+24 = 36

AC: 35; +6 guard
HP: 56/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:38 am

Yuuta smirks at the ninjas' incompetence and tumbles around to AC24. From there, he stabs at the ninja next to him, before continuing on to W24.

Acrobatics: 39
Attack: 21 (speaking of crap rolls...)
Damage: 38 (on the minuscule chance I hit)
Acrobatics: 55 (*now* I roll the nat 20...)

AC: 32, 37 if I hit, +4 vs movement AoOs

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:04 am

Terasaka's first hit left the samurai staggering and bleeding heavily, before the second hit smashed in and killed him.

Yuuta however, missed the ninja with just as bad accuracy as their earlier attacks.

Yumi takes a step back and shoots the samurai before her, but misses horribly.

As Todoroki lands, he finishes his spell and taps the badly injured Nagumo Keiko as he lands, the spell quickly enveloping her with a cocoon of protective and healing magic.

As the samurai stepped up to slash at Yumi again, a nearby spearmen also charged her, while a ninja circled around to strike from her flank. She managed to dodge all three, but was now pinned in by three enemies...

Two samurai and a ninja attacked Terasaka, but all three of them missed.

Not intending to let Yuuta get away yet, two of the ninjas charged him, but both missed their strikes. The third however moved over to the unconscious Kiku and hurled her body over onto his back...

In the meantime, the samurai continued to push back the spear line, killing several more of the defenders. The warlord himself charged at Hiraga Tsunami and her musketeers to the north, delivering a devastating blow, but then she stepped back and unloaded a shot into him at nearly point-blank range, punching a wide hole through his chest and killing him instantly... as the warlord fell to the ground with his banner, shock and doubt seem to traverse down the entire enemy line...

( next: Dave, Marty, and Judson )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

Yuuta goes charging headlong at the samurai threatening Yumi, ending in V27.

Acrobatics: 29
Attack: 35
Damage: 30
AC: 37, 34 vs any movement-AoOs

Return to “Missions”