Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:18 pm

(damn reinforcements blocking me in again...)

Terasaka uses his (airborne) move action and standard action to begin casting Invisibility Purge, reserving his swift action for a guard attempt.

AC: 35; +6 guard
HP: 50/70
Last edited by TheDude51 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:23 am

Shigeru launches a bomb at the other ladder in use (targeting enemy in J12 square)

(Attack vs J12 Samurai: 1d20+15 = 25)
(Attack vs J11 Samurai: 1d20+15 = 17)
(Damage to J12: 7d6+7 = 34 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))
(Damage to J11: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))
(10' Radius Splash Damage: 14 fire, DC20 Ref for half)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm

(well Terasaka would need all 3 actions to cast since Invisibility Purge is Lvl3 anyhow).

Shigeru's bomb ignites two more samurai and this time, the explosion also destroys the bottom of the ladder, and the two samurai higher up both fell down the wall as the ladder collapses.

Yumi sends out two more arrows against the nearest ninja, both striking and killing him. Todoroki moves back, taking cover besides the tower, and begins casting a spell (Moon Bolt).

The fighting along the battlements continue, although the samurai were starting to push in through their sheer weight of numbers continuously being sent forward.
Two of the nearby ninjas charged Yuuta while a third also attacked. One of their starknives was evaded, one parried, but the third managed to strike him.
Yuuta then retaliated by stabbing one of the ninjas twice with his shortsword, killing him.
Kikkawa moved into a flanking position before tossing her pan at Yuuta; once again a magical shield formed and absorbed most of the force, but the weapon nevertheless went through and smashes into Yuuta from the side, knocking him down... this time, he did not get back up.

( next: Marty, Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Terasaka uses his standard action to finish up casting Invisibility Purge, then moves around the edge of the spear formation to P10, trying to see how far away Mumei's ax squads are.

AC: 35; +6 guard
HP: 51/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Shigeru launches a bomb at the remaining ladder (targeting enemy in J28)

(Attack vs J28 Samurai: 1d20+15 = 21)
(Attack vs K29 Spearman: 1d20+15 = 24)
(Damage to J12: 7d6+7 = 24 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))
(Damage to J11: 7d6+7 = 38 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Terasaka doesn't see Mumei's squad from his position... the inner walls are in the way. (They're several hundred feet away on the east side of the southern walls and far as you can tell over the comm, they're not doing so hot).

Shigeru blows up the ladder this time, and the bomb also kills the spearmen climbing up and heavily injures the samurai as he falls down, again.

Yumi takes two more shots against one of the ninjas, both hitting and killing him.

Todoroki finishes his spell and launches a barrage of silvery bolts at Kikkawa's position; it was obvious he couldn't see her exact position, but some seems to have struck the invisible target, tiring her out as the magic sapped her strength.

The samurai were continuing their attack and pushing back the defenders from the ramp chokepoints. However, at this point only two-thirds of the samurai remained, and almost all of the ashigaru have already been defeated. The battle on the western walls will depend on whether the samurai assault forces, with their remaining ninja support (who decided to toss away their bows and began scaling the walls), can break through the spear line or not. Meanwhile the warlord in charge of the western line forces continued to shout to his troops, pressing them to attack and holding them steady...

Although, with Kikkawa moving to take cover behind the southwestern archery tower, many of the ninjas from the south were also headed this way to support her, while under archery fire from the inner walls... (I should note that the ninjas are not invisible'd unless marked so.)

Over the comm, the chaos was growing after the counterattacking force rammed straight into the enemy northern formations from its flank, the barbarian shocktroopers plowed into their remaining formations of samurai and archers before starting an all-out brawl. Reinforcements going up the northern ramps slowed drastically, offering an opportunity for the pressed northern defenders to recover.

Sakamoto Ryouma then led the last reserve unit of two spearmen squads to assist Mumei's axes to the southeast. They have already reported taking brutal casualties against the ninja's invisible tricks, but they've also killed many enemies in exchange...

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:27 am

Terasaka moves to S15, bringing Kikkawa into range of his Invisibility Purge, then casts Hold Person on the enemy leader.

AC: 35
HP: 52/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:18 pm

(Realllly starting to get tired of throwing bombs, but there's not really anything else I can do that's makes sense (no way in hell am I getting w/in 60' of the enemy commander without backup). Also annoyed at how the enemy Warlord is seemingly immune to Fire.)

Shigeru launches a bomb at the Warlord's archers.

(Attack vs A8 Archer: 1d20+15 = 34)
(Attack vs B9 Archer: 1d20+15 = 18)
(Damage to J12: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))
(Damage to J11: 7d6+7 = 30 fire, plus catch on fire for 3d6 fire/round (DC22 to extinguish))

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 pm

(Fire resistance is a lvl2 spell [shrug])

Shigeru's bomb smashes into one archer, killing him instantly; it missed the other but the explosion killed the wounded archer anyways. The other samurai however, seems unaffected. As a matter of fact, two of them were on fire from an earlier bomb and completely ignoring it.

As Terasaka's spells takes hold, Kikkawa seems to freeze in place. (next time please post your spell DC)

Todoroki hurries back up to Yuuta's unconscious body and casts Cure Light Wounds on him (Dave is now at 2HP). Three ninjas turned invisible for a brief second while charging Todoroki; one of them missed, while two others struck him, but barely penetrated the thick layers of bark, vines, and plant sinews now covering his entire body to do any real damage. All three then turned invisible once again.

Yumi takes an aimed shot and sends an arrow straight through the heart of the closest ninja. The one behind him then charged her with his starknife, only to be dodged.

Meanwhile the battle near the walls continue... and the last of the enemy samurai on the east side were now moving up the ramps...
The comm channel was still chaotic and of mixed reports, but some claimed that the enemy's left flank in the north was collapsing...

( next: Dave; you're back, albeit prone, and at 2HP at the moment... all earlier buffs should still be active )
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:42 pm

[EDIT: Terasaka doesn't do anything just quite yet because dave got back into the init order]
Last edited by TheDude51 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:53 am

Yuuta, seeing ninjas [See Invis was on my buff list when I went down], pops all three charges on his healing belt. (12 HP healed) He uses his move action to stand (Acrobatics 38).

He cheekily remarks, "Miss me?"

AC: 32
HP: 14

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Two of the ninjas adjacent to Yuuta attempt to stab him as he gets up, but both missed.

Kikkawa seems to break hold of the paralysis and flexes her arms while staring at Terasaka in annoyance.

|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:51 am

Terasaka moves up and attacks Kikkawa, maintaining a cautious defensive stance.

(Move to V19, standard attack. CE active)

Attack: 1d20+26 = 36
Damage: 3d8+20 = 35

AC: 37; +6 guard
HP: 53/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Shigeru draws his musket and fires at the Ninja threatening Yumi.

(Attack: 1d20+15 = 35 -> 45 touch (Crit Confirmation: 29)
(Damage: 3d12+4 = 9 (*facepalm*) -> x4 = 36 Bludgeoning and Piercing) (DC 36 Fort save or be Stunned for 1 round. Duration increases by 1 round for every 5 points they fail the save by.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:39 am

Terasaka's morningstar misses Kikkawa in the shadows...

Shigeru's musket shot 'merely' strikes the arm of the ninja-- and blows it apart, the shock and bleeding killing him within seconds.

Yumi fires a precise shot at one of the ninjas engaging Todorki and drops him.

Todoroki steps back and casts a quick spell, sending a torrent of kelp into Kikkawa and binding her with it.

The two ninjas step up and both strikes Todoroki and injures his badly. One of them then went back into Invisibility, but the other tried yet failed.

A shadowcaster moves over and drops a patch of shadow over Yuuta and Todoroki's position. Two ninjas then charged Yuuta with their starknives, one he dodged, while the other he parried off (Guard).

With the last of the samurai charging up, the warlord leading the west also follows up the L2-3 ramp... right as the spear line holding against that ramp is starting to collapse under the assault. Hiraga Tsunami then took two of few remaining musketeers down to lend fire support...

( next: Dave )
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Missions”