Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Also, Shigeru will hand out his remaining extracts to troops in need of healing.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Marty: +9 Dex here, but no Use Rope ranks. No manacles, though.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Since she's not going to wake up until she gets eight hours of rest (at the very earliest), restraining Kikkawa right now isn't really that big of a priority. Also dex doesn't matter at all in tying people up, since Use Rope isn't a skill anymore. Instead, the DC to escape bindings is the binder's CMB + 20. Once I'm done healing people I can tie her up giving a DC of 40.

However, in the long run it will be fairly tricky, especially since we don't know what skills and talents she has. First, a dex-focused character of our level with a fair investment in Escape Artist can get out of even masterwork manacles, since you can take 20 on escape artist checks (However, you can't escape from something when the DC is higher than your bonus + 20). Second, there's a ninja Master Talent that lets you walk through walls as though incorporeal. This means that both chaining-up and putting-in-a-cell are less than completely reliable at restraining her, given our lack of AMF capability.

The easiest method would probably be to just have Tenrou Kunagi cast Baleful Polymorph on her, and keep her around as a fish in a tank until we figure out what we're going to do with her. If that's too extreme, a couple of Bestow Curse spells (-6 to dexterity, -4 on all attacks, saves, and checks) should make her unable to escape from manacles. Even better would be a custom Curse that makes her unable to use supernatural ninja abilities.

In any case, step one is to loot her gear, and step two is to cook breakfast with a master-crafted frying pan.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

Amendment to step two: where she can see it.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:09 pm

*makes a spagyric Waffle House Sign and puts it on the castle*

Well, in that case I'll take 2 flapjacks, 3 scrambled eggs, some bacon, and a double order of hashbrowns - scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, peppered, topped, and country. Mmmm....

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Yuuta will take a Lesser Crystal of Shadows.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Shigeru goes for...
-At least one least crystal of shadows, possibly more
-Ring of Communication
-Belt of Hidden Pouches
-Some of the smokesticks (dunno how many yet)
-Pocketwatch (why? ummm...errr...timing alchemical reactions?)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Terasaka will take the Dragon Mask/Headband and claim the frying pan.

He suggests that Kiku be kept unconscious until a more-humane but still secure method can be found, and will begin trying to develop a custom curse immediately (should I make some checks?)
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 am

In my opinion the most humane would be a temporary Curse, since it doesn't cause any pain and doesn't transform the body, followed by the painless but deeply unsettling Baleful Polymorph, with the painful continual-beatings being the least humane.

Technically I wouldn't have to invent a new spell, since Bestow Curse stipulates that: "You may also invent your own curse, but it should be no more powerful than those described above."

Checks (Boosted by Divine Insight):
Knowledge (Religion): 41
Spellcraft: 30
Profession (Innovator): can't be used untrained

Curse Proposal
Curse of Solidity: Subject takes a -6 penalty on Escape Artist checks and cannot become incorporeal or assume a gaseous form.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Terasaka believes he should be able to modify the Bestow Curse magic to what he needed within a few hours' time...

Some time after the leaders first began gathering to discuss the aftermath of the battle (mostly the immediate concern regarding Kiku as well as other prisoners), Kongomaru Aya walked over to the party with a tense impression and her eyes focused on Yuuta. She was followed by a confused looking Sakamoto Ryouma, as well as half dozen archers and two warriors, spread out in a loose formation and were still on full guard despite the battle's end. It was hardly surprising given Aya's reputation as a strict disciplinarian, but this time there was more than just vigilance in the atmosphere--- it was borderline hostility.

"Yuuta Rokuro!" Aya called his attention over as she closed in, stopping just 20ft away with her warriors in line. "I believe congratulations are in order. Your daring attack had crippled the enemy ninjas' left wing by yourself, and that was quite impressive magic you unleashed upon them--- I have no doubt that without it, there was no way Kikkawa could have been subdued so easily. Still--- I wasn't aware we had such a powerful necromancer within our midst. Could you explain why you have hidden it from us until now? Particularly in light of certain recent events-- including the murders?"

( Group status and allied list updated to end-of-battle conditions... )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:16 pm

"Because I'm not. I'm a thoroughly mediocre spellcaster who can manage a few See Invisibilities or basic healing spells a day. You might have noticed, or been told, that I was knocked unconscious before I did any of that crazy death magic. Does that, perhaps, open up any possible explanations for how this could have happened, or why I tend to run headlong into large groups of enemies with little to no support?"

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:37 pm

"Weren't you knocked out after you did said crazy death magic? ---and only returned after Todoroki Yuu healed you..." Kongomaru Aya crossed her arms, not particularly in the mood to hear excuses. "What are you trying to say here? that your behavior isn't your own fault?"

( make an Impression/CHA check, and a diplomacy check each time you're explaining here )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:28 am

(Damn, Impression and Diplo? And I just rebuilt to use Bluff, too...Oh well.)

Yuuta sighs. "Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected everyone to have been in a place to see the details. The sequence of events, as I would imagine those in the area can confirm, is as follows:
1) I charge in.
2) The ninjas knock me out - the last thing I remember is coughing up blood.
3) Death magic.
4) The ninjas knock out the necromancer.
5) Todoroki heals me.

I use the phrase "the necromancer" there on purpose, because I am not, in fact, the necromancer, nor is he me. He is more of an...unwelcome guest, one might say, though there is some bleed-through of abilities. Thus, I have some minor spellcasting, and he is presumably more fit in melee combat."

(Impression 32 (natural 20), Diplo 22)

Return to “Missions”