Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Moderator: Zanaikin

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Shigeru notices the ninja down below the tower attempting to carry Kikkawa, draws his pistol, and takes a shot.
(Critical strike against the Ninja attempting to carry Kikkawa, aiming for legs)
(gotta burn a hero point to do this)

(Attack: 1d20+15 = 33 touch)
(Damage: 3d8+4 = 15 x4 = 60 Bludgeoning and Piercing, plus 1d4 = 4 Dex damage, -50% speed and cannot run until the dex damage is healed, plus DC 36 Fort save or be Stunned for 1 round. Duration increases by 1 round for every 5 points they fail the save by.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Terasaka makes a full attack against the samurai in Q19.

Attack 1:
Attack: 1d20+26 = 44
Damage: 3d8+24 = 44

Attack 2:
Attack: 1d20+21 = 23
Damage: 3d8+24 = 41

AC: 35; +6 guard
HP: 57/70
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Both of the ninjas missed as Yuuta moved away from them and charged the samurai, piercing the heavy armor with his shortsword and badly injuring him.

Shigeru's pistol blew apart the ninja's left leg and then shattered his right foot, the shock knocking him unconscious instantly, sparing him the pain of quickly bleeding to death seconds later.

Terasaka's first strike hammers into the target and injured him seriously, but the second missed. Several bolts and arrows then rained down from above, one striking the samurai and killing him.

Yumi takes a step away from the samurai and attempts to stick an arrow thru him, but didn't manage to evade the nearby ninja. A starknife went through her shoulder and the pain sent her shot far astray.

Todoroki attacked the samurai before him twice with his vines, and the second managed to hit; the thrust of an allied spearman seconds later then ended the samurai's life.

The spearman and samurai turned against Yuuta (both missed), while another samurai near the tower charged Yuuta and he barely manages to parry his sword away (Guard).

The nearby enemies attacked Terasaka; a samurai's sword nearly hit but was parried off (Guard), while one ninja's arrow managed to strike him (Terasaka takes 10 piercing damage)

Meanwhile, Todoroki also receives a slash from a nearby samurai, although only lightly injured thanks to his thick bark-like skin.

The samurai at the north side of the spear line finally took down the last of the defenders in their way, but a second later four musket balls slammed into their formation, penetrating armor and bodies alike and killing five of them instantly. Without even their leader around anymore, they broke and ran back down the ramps...

Shigeru also heard the footsteps of two ninjas entering the archery tower (currently downstairs); meanwhile, one of the samurai was also moving around the tower from behind.

( next: Dave, Marty, Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:20 am

Terasaka casts Ring of Blades.

Concentration (cast defensively): 1d20+22 = 28
Damage: 3d6+10 = 20 slashing

AC: 35
HP: 50/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:10 am

Yuuta tumbles around to end in V25 and stabs at the samurai.

Acrobatics: 37
Attack: 19 (goddammit.)
Damage: 27

AC: 32, +4 v movement AoOs, 37 if his AC is somehow down around his boots.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:49 am

Shigeru flies downstairs and launches a (normal) bomb at the ninjas.

(Attack vs U20 Ninja: 1d20+15 = 27)
(Attack vs U21 Ninja Q4: 1d20+15 = 28)
(Damage to U20 Ninja: 7d6+7 = 31 fire)
(Damage to U21 Ninja Q4: 7d6+7 = 34 fire)
(5' Radius Splash Damage: 14 force, DC20 Ref for half) (excluding self from splash damage)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:50 am

Terasaka's ring of blades slashes into every enemy adjacent to him, killing one of the already injured ninjas.

Yuuta has no clue what he actually aimed at with his shortsword, but it obviously wasn't the samurai.

Shigeru's bomb completely blew apart one of the ninjas, while the other was set alight and died seconds later, screaming as he burned.

Yumi stepped further back, dodged the ninja's attack, and shot an arrow straight into his heart at point blank range.

Hiraga and her 3 musketeers moved up to reinforce the southern position and reloaded their weapons...

The spearmen and two samurais near Yuuta attacked him in support of one another, and one of them barely managed to hit (Guard).

The ninjas near Terasaka volleyed him with arrows to limit his motion before the samurai attacked. One of them almost struck but was parried off, while another managed to hit (Judson: take 27 slashing damage).

The last of the spearman guarding the entrance to the tower was killed. Meanwhile, one of the samurai managed to move inside the tower from the other side and took a successful slash at Shigeru (Marty: take 25 slashing damage).

( next: Dave, Marty, Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:55 am

Yuuta tumbles his way to W28 and slices at the samurai.

Acrobatics: 27 (uh-oh...)
Attack: 30 (now that's more like it)
Damage: 35

AC: 37 on a hit, 36 against a possible AoO, 32 else

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:18 am

Ring of Blades damage: 19

Terasaka makes a full attack, starting on the samurai in R19 and switching to Q19 if the first hit drops R19.
(CE active)
Attack 1
Attack: 44
Damage: 33

Attack 2
Attack: 35
Damage: 27

AC: 37; +6 guard
HP: 28/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:07 pm

(Shigeru regenerates a hit point... 60/77)

Shigeru 5' steps back from the samurai, loads his pistol (Explosive Ammunition for normal bomb) and fires at the samurai.

(Attack: 1d20+15 = 30)
(Bullet Damage: 3d8+4 = 18 bludgeoning and piercing, plus DC18 Fort save or be dazed)
(Bomb Damage: 7d6+7 = 28 fire)
(Splash Damage: 5' splash, hits nobody (there's a wall blocking it from hitting Kikkawa), but its 14 fire damage if you need to know for some reason)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Yuuta wounds the samurai with a thrust into his gut, and Yumi tried to follow up and kill with a shot but missed...

Terasaka's morningstar smashes into the samurai both times and kills him.

Shigeru's pistol shot pierces the injured samurai before him and detonates inside his armor, killing him instantly.

Torodoki lashes out twice with his vines but missed both times.

Tougou announces over the comm that they've driven the enemy off and away from the northwestern walls, and were now diverting troops they can spare towards the central north and southwest to finish the fighting.

Two of the musketeers killed the last two samurai in their left side, while Hiraga and the other musketeer moved into an enfilade firing position before shooting into those engaging Terasaka, killing one samurai and wounding another...

The few remaining samurai and ninjas withdrew and fled back to the ramps. Two of the ninjas actually impaled themselves on the thorn wall while trying to run back down.

( that's a wrap for this battle, folks. Post what you'd like to do in the immediate aftermath [including some atk/dmg rolls if you're shooting at their retreat...] )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Shigeru reloads his pistol and goes to figure out how long they have until Kikkawa wakes up.
(Heal Check: 1d20+17 = 28 (not trying to heal her, just see how much nonlethal damage she has))

[GM: She has about 20+ points over in nonlethal damage]

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Yuuta goes around and dispenses healing to the troops, in priority order as best he can.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Shigeru suggests that someone find a way to restrain Kikkawa before she wakes up.

(+6 DEX check here, and 50' of silk rope. Anybody got manacles?)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Terasaka dismisses his Ring of Blades, then starts healing fallen allies in the immediate area. He asks Nagumo and the nearby spearmen to spread out and examine all of the fallen allies in the area, and shout for him or Todoroki whenever they find someone still alive.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”