Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:58 am

( next up : Marty )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Shigeru moves to P18, drawing his pistol. He charges another bullet and fires it at the ninja in Q25.

(Attack Roll: 1d20+15 = 27)
(Bullet Damage: 3d8+4 = 17 Bludgeoning and Piercing)
(Bomb Damage: 7d6+7 = 43 Fire plus a DC 22 REF save or catch on fire for 3d6/round)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Shigeru's shot blasts apart another ninja...

The remaining one, already badly injured, pulls out a bundle of smokesticks (3) and tosses them all near him, create a large patch of smoke which he then moved into and vanished inside the smoke.

(you'll have to make a perception check to try finding him in the smoke, and you can only see 5ft into it).

( next: Dave, Judson, then Marty )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

Yuuta attempts to locate the ninja (Perception 26). What action is that?

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 am

Terasaka advances to P20, keeping his eyes peeled for the enemy ninja. (Perception 18)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:09 am

(active Perception check is a move action... so you still have an action left...)

Neither Yuuta nor Terasaka could find the ninja...

( next: Marty )
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Shigeru looks for the ninja
(Perception: 22) (Nope, ain't gonna find him with that roll.)

Shigeru works on reloading his rifle. (A standard action's worth)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Two patrol squads were now rushing in towards the party's position from the east and north, after the explosions from Shigeru's bombs had alerted them. The one from the east coming from the other side of the tower to cut off the enemy...

A starknife then flew out of the smoke from Terasaka's left and straight into his ribs (critical hit: 49 piercing damage, ignore all DR). The badly wounded ninja's attack gave away his position, just inside the edges of the smoke (partial concealment), before he popped back into invisibility once again. (Shigeru & Yuuta still see him though).

( next: Dave, Judson, then Marty )
|

()

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Yuuta charges at the ninja.

Attack: 25
Damage: 12 (can't sneak people with concealment iirc, but if you can tack on another 21)

AC: 30 or 35

[GM : Yuuta misses]

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Terasaka's curse activates as the ninja's strike hits him. Badly wounded and unable to see the invisible ninja, moves back to O14 and casts Sanctuary on himself.

HP: 22/70
AC: 32; +6 guard
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Shigeru finishes loading one of his new paper cartridges into his rifle and draws a bead on the ninja, firing and doing his best to avoid hitting Yuuta.

(Attack: 1d20+11 = 24 touch (includes the -4 for shooting into melee))
(Damage: 3d12+4 = 29 Bludgeoning and Piercing)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Shigeru's bullet just barely manages to hit the ninja, but its power nevertheless blew his shoulder off. Already bleeding profusely from his other wounds, the ninja drops over dead on the spot...

( timeskipping update to wrap all the misc details into one rather than overlengthed posts... use this time inbetween as you like )

It was still 4AM in the morning, several hours before dawn, but the entire castle had already been awoken by the shouts of officers and guards. The enemy was nearing the castle, they said, countless torches of the Mouri army could be seen moving towards pre-assault positions even as we speak. Thankfully, the garrison of Nakakuni Castle had slept early in anticipation of such an event, and the numerous scouts that kept track of the Mouri army the entire way allowed an extra few hours of rest that the enemy did not have...

Only an hour had passed since the the party came off their patrol shift, and two hours from when they foiled one of the three ninja raids on the castle. News has it that two of the attack squads failed completely, one vanquished by the party while another bogged down by a patrol group until it was annihilated by the commander on watch, Yuzuru himself. The last one, however, succeeded partially in blowing a small 10ft gap in the battlements on the northern wall before they were dispatched by multiple patrol groups (who took some major casualties).

All the leaders have already synced their communication rings the night before. Now with everyone awake and readying for battle, the channel was full of chatter -- half of it were status reports from here and there, while the other half was filled with crude jokes and challenges for the coming battle, made to keep the mind away from pre-battle anxiety.

The party took their position on the southwestern corner, joined by Yumi (returning from scouting) and Todoroki. Several of the other group members were on the western walls as well, but in the archer units. Four others however, were assisting Shigeru with his makeshift "trebuchet", created from a mass of spare lumber and random metal gears, springs, and valves, was positioned inside the inner walls to help protect its fragile structure. The allies only managed to find the right rocks to create 6 heavy trebuchet rounds and 2 light trebuchet rounds (deal light trebuchet damage/area, but use normal range) for it, although some wondered if the trebuchet would even survive long enough to shoot all that, not just the enemy fire but also its own use.

The forests outside the western walls partially concealed the enemy's exact position, but the light of their torches nevertheless gave off their bearing--- formations of troops were marching towards the tree line even as we speak. It was impossible to tell what troops were moving up due to the darkness, but it was evident from the light that they were a full battle line advancing towards the western walls (and based on the comm, the north walls are seeing the same thing).

"Here they come," Yuzuru's voice could be heard over the comm. "Already guys, ready yourselves, and we'll show them what we're made of!"

Based on the glow of their torches, the forward units were advancing through the woods at higher than regular double-speed (~80ft/round). They are already inside the trebuchet's maximum range (4000ft), so it will take them less than 5min to reach the walls. The clearing from the walls to the tree line is only around ~200ft right now.

( Marty when do you want to start firing? The heavy trebuchet takes 3rnds to load, which mean it can fire at once per 3rnds with a readied action to fire from you. Because of the forest cover, you'll be taking no-line-of-sight penalties when firing... )

( also everyone, cast your pre-battle buffs and tell me when you're putting them on... as well as any other actions you need to take. )

[As the enemy makes it's final approach, Todoroki Yuu casts Mass Resist Energy (Fire)(CL9: resist 20, 90min duration) on everyone in the party except Shigeru (since he's away)][he also casts Barkskin on himself]
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 am

Yuuta, expecting ninjas, casts See Invisibility on himself. (CL 5, duration 50 min)

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:44 am

(I won't cast any healing spells on myself, instead just staying in curse for 5 minutes to regenerate the damage).

Terasaka casts Girallon's Blessing, Fuse Arms, and Aura of Doom (CL 10; Duration 100 minutes). He then casts Shield of Faith on himself, Yuuta, Yumi, and Todoroki (+3 deflection AC; CL 10; Duration 10 minutes).
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Shigeru offers to hand out some extracts to people expected to be on the front lines
(Level 1: Boosted Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Lesser Cure, Personal Dash (+30' to land speed for 9 minutes))
(Level 2: Personal Accelerate (9 rounds, extra move action per turn, recommended for Judson), Personal Enhance Form (+4 to STR, DEX, or CON for 9 rounds) , Boosted Personal Moderate Cure, Boosted Personal Moderate Cure, Personal Disappear (invis for 9 rounds), Personal Disappear (invis for 9 rounds))
(Level 3: Personal Soar (as Fly, Boosted Personal Greater Cure, Personal Greater Cure, Personal Altered Form (9 minutes - +2 size bonus to Strength and two of the following benefits: a pair of claw attacks that each deals 1d6 points of damage, a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage, a climb speed of 30 feet, a swim speed of 30 feet, darkvision out to 60 feet, low-light vision, scent, or a +2 natural armor bonus.))
(Level 4: Boosted Personal Elder Cure, Boosted Personal Disappear (Greater Invis for 9 rounds - recommended for Dave))

Shigeru will start firing with the light rounds when the enemy is within 1600'. (Margin of error is too great past 3 range increments, I'd be shooting with at least a -6 due to range and I've only got a +15 targeting check modifier - the DC is 25)

(EDIT: Added in reccomendations, keeping Arrowblock, Alignment Shield, and Force Shield for myself)

Return to “Missions”