Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 3: Siege of Nakakuni Castle

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:01 pm

(Well, you'd use bluff if you were lying your way out of this, which you don't seem to be; and how did you get 22 for diplo only a +2 mod as far as I can tell? [for future, please put roll/check in naturalroll+modifier format.)

Todoroki looked as if he wanted to say something but held back, but after a glance Yumi decided to clarify for him: "but you didn't drop unconscious or anything before the magic outburst--- it looked like you were going to fall for a second though, but the instant you recovered, the wave of mana from you dessicated thing nearby... you--- don't remember that?" She seems to be genuinely surprised, which hopefully implied that she did believe you.

"So are you claiming that this necromancer is another part of you? or is he just magically controlling you at times?" Aya continued in a skeptical voice.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:17 pm

(Reputation +2 trait, that's how. Gives +2 to Diplomacy. I rolled an 18, so hence the 22.)

"Right, Yumi. I was knocked out, even coughing up blood. Then he took over, and I came back when Todoroki healed this body after he was knocked out. I don't remember a thing.between going down and getting healed. I never do, when he takes over, I just wake up to (usually) a slew of dead bodies. I wouldn't call him part of me, though we do unfortunately share this body. He just takes over from time to time, and I never like the results. Though it's worked out fairly well this time, for a change..."

(And the dice hate me this time as much as they loved me last time...)

Impression: 2+2=4
Diplo: 5+4=9

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:21 pm

( just diplo from here works fine )

"Share?" inquired Tougou, his tone more curious than suspicious. "Well, that's quite a... inconvenience." He then looked around to the others, reminding them with a hint of warning in his voice, "not that a group like us should judge so quickly, given many of our own cursed fates."

"Even assuming he's speaking the truth," Aya cut back in, her eyes still focused in Yuuta and her stance guarded, as if expecting him to pounce at any moment, "how are we suppose to trust a possessed, or is it just multiple identities--- someone when he can neither account for nor remember his actions half the time? We couldn't even trust him to voluntarily come clean to us with this in the first place!"

"Can you blame an innocent for fear of the possession's repercussions then?" countered Tougou as he shot a glare at Aya, who closed her mouth almost immediately; but whether she was angry at Tougou's rebuke or ashamed by it, neither showed up on her cold expression as her eyes continued to stare straight at Yuuta.

"Either way, after what happened--- we can't trust him."

Tougou's expression relaxed his usual nonchalant look and shrugged. "Neither innocent nor guilty, at the moment. But---"

"Wait, isn't there a rune for this kind of thing? --- used by the courts for high-profile cases" It was Ryouma, who had been quiet this whole time, who spoke up.

"You mean a Mark of Justice?" said Tougou's 'chief of staff' Akiyama Keiichirou from behind him, "that might work... but we'd need to tweak the curse to focus suppression on spellcasting; a necromancer as powerful as you say would hardly be affected by the generic curse."

"Or multiple curses," Aya suggested, "and that's assuming he doesn't break the curses."

Tougou then turned back to Yuuta, "well, Rokuro, you know this other you best; what do you suggest as the best way to suppress him?"

( Judson, Marty, if you have ideas toss them in =P )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:53 pm

(Shigeru's a mad scientist. His solution to this would involve building some crazy contraption that extracts Yuuta's brain through his ear, washes in it some crazy solution, zaps it with high voltage, and then merges it with a dog brain before jamming it back in through Yuuta's ear. And since this is magical in nature and not Dissociative Identity Disorder, Shigeru's mad crazy heal check ain't gonna help. I suppose I could build some kind of crazy remote-control shock collar or something.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 am

(Knowledge[arcana] 10+15=25) Any ideas?)

"Hmm...I've already made contact with the local Tenshi temple - they can't help me, and directed me to <PROVINCE WITH HELPFUL MONKS>."

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 pm

( shigeru's idea is too crazy and confuses everyone =P )

( you mean ... maybe I should make a separate map for use or something )

"If by making contact you mean you've-- well the other you, had already wiped out the local temple," said Hibiki Sanae as she walked up with her staff tucked under her arms and hands busy cleaning her sight spectacles with a damp cloth. Her presence represented the Wolf Fangs as their other leaders were still cleaning up north of the castle, and her news brought a shocked expression to more than a few faces. "Our scouts just reported it last night," she said to everyone else with a dry and exhausted voice, "and Ryouga agrees with Kongomaru; if we're not holding him accountable for the actions of his--- evil twin?--- then we need at least some extra reassurance that Rokuro isn't just going to wake up one day and try to kill everyone in their sleep."

With cleaning finished, she inspected the thick glasses and put them back on, "there was once a curse used by the magistrates that would hinder a mage's ability to do crime by interfering with any spellshaping combined with concentration for targeting, resulting in a high arcane spell failure chance. Basically--- any magic cast on anyone but themselves will more likely fail than not... I think that might be a good start."

( the other methods Yuuta can think of is to focus a magic potential nerf (-6 CL; possibly focused on specific schools. Or -6 to primary casting score) )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm

"That's not a bad idea at all. Lets me still heal myself while preventing him from killing us all. If you want to be extra sure, we could add on a curse that lowers caster level.

And yes, you're right, he did slaughter most of that temple. There were a few survivors, including a few whose lives I saved myself. One of them directed me to Yamatai, which I'll be heading towards in a few weeks as part of another mission."

(Diplo 9+4=13)

(Dammit Dai, I can't remember any names in this world...Is Yamatai anywhere near that diplomatic mission we have available?)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:45 pm

( wow, your diplo checks are doing pretty bad after that first one )

Yuuta is pretty sure that other than Tougou, who is probably otherwise influenced (seeing as his old boss works under the man), the others aren't taking this very well. They were glad that he seemed to be telling the truth at the start, but the more they here the more tense and antagonistic their stares and stances become--- they don't intent to become openly hostile in any ways yet, but an unfriendly atmosphere definitely placed itself between them.

Todoroki seems to be an exception, probably because he's sensing Yuuta's emotions regarding his other self. Yumi however, seems conflicted on what to think--- it doesn't take much to realize at this point that the other Yuuta probably killed the Blackhearts.
( how's Shigeru/Terasaka taking this anyways ? )

"In that case, someone keep him under guard until we have the Mark adjusted for use," Kongomaru Aya requested.

Tougou seemed to almost sigh, "Tsunami, Keiko! keep an eye on him. We'll also gather the enemy prisoners around here. Akiyama, please work with miss Sanae on this tonight--- one curse to quench offensive magic and two marks in case this other guy gets hostile against our own." He then turned towards Aya and the others, "How's that?"

"Reasonably enough," Aya responded, seemingly convinced.

Tougou then turned back to Yuuta with sympathy in his eyes and a bitter smile: "Rokuro, we're all a little short on reserve magic at the moment, so I'll have to request you stay here under guard tonight, for your sake as much as everyone else's. Akiyama should be able to finish this first thing tomorrow."

( yeah, I'll make a fully marked territories map as soon as I can... )
( here's , yer old home province and the 'recruitment' mission location )
( here's and the Miko Institute )
( here's , your current location )
( and for reference, here's Judson's old home province of , which is also pretty close )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:11 am

"Of course, that's thoroughly reasonable."

Yuuta doesn't sleep that night, determined not to give his other self a chance to come out again.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:12 am

Yuuta's other self never came out that night, and the next day Akiyama had managed to put together the curses, layering it and two Marks of Justice upon Yuuta before letting him go free again. Claiming to be passing a word from Tougou, Akiyama warns Yuuta to keep out of trouble this time--- any more alliance killings and they may not be left with too much choice but to take drastic measures.

Major Curse (CL12): 75% chance of failure when casting any spell with a target other than yourself or your own equipment.

Mark of Justice (CL12): marked on the back of the right hand; activated if you attempt to attack a member of the exiles via magic or attempt to break the curse: -6 caster level when casting spells.
Mark of Justice (CL12): marked on the back of the left hand; activated if you attempt to attack a member of the exiles: -4 attack rolls, saves, ability & skill checks.
|

()

Return to “Missions”