Yuuta's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Laharl » Fri May 18, 2012 3:24 pm

Yuuta casts Obscuring Mist, causing the area around him to fill with fog. He then double moves into a nearby alley, hoping to get some cover and away from the soldiers.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 pm

(Obscuring Mist is like a lvl1 must-have xD so amazing for this kinda thing...)

As all the nearby people are busy running away from Yuuta's position, he manages to make his way into a nearby alley without any issues, and far before either of those squads make it to his position.

(So, planning to get out of town or hide within?)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat May 19, 2012 2:03 am

(Better get out, I think.)

Yuuta follows the alleys until he finds a major thoroughfare, at which point he attempts to blend into the crowd.

(What skill is that, stealth? I just rolled 1+21=12 on stealth...)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 22, 2012 6:49 pm

(Yeah blending into the crowd is a stealth check...)

Yuuta was pushed into a cart by the surging crowd and instead of stumbling over, he flipped over it by instinct, retaining his footing but drawing the attention of another patrol squad that was sorting its way through the crowd (~40ft away)... the samurai office leading the group yells at Yuuta to stop while two of the archers took aim, even though some civilians are still rushing by in panick.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed May 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Yuuta throws up another Obscuring Mist and continues to run into the crowd and away from the soldiers.

(I figure a crowd is difficult terrain, but I want to move as far as I can. Stealth 16+21=37.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Given the narrower street he was on, the fog easily caused enough confusion and allowed Yuuta to escape the attention of the patrol... along with other groups of villagers who are now fleeing the town, he managed to make it to the edge of town without further incident.

( Experience received for surviving the assassination encounter: +1,600XP )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am

Yuuta sets out for Yamatai after Todoroki finishes his armor.

(I think I was all set to post this and closed the tab before I did.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Todoroki finishes Yuuta's new (not shiny at all) Black Oni-hide armor within a day, and seems to fit just perfectly. He sets off on the next day (November 16th).

Getting there, Part I:
1. How is Yuuta dressed during these travels? Are you bringing food or stopping by along the way?

2. The road there have been badly ravaged by war, including all the road signs and markings. You'll either need drop by the major towns you pass along the way (Diplomacy to Gather Information x 5) or try to guide yourself through the region (Survival x 3); also give me Perception checks x 5. Several of the castle-towns you pass by will be quite large, including the formidable in Mino currently ruled by the Oda, if you wish to collect information / spread information / shop / etc.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:52 am

Yuuta is wearing his armor, with a travelling cloak over it. He's not taking food and is planning to stop in towns and forage if necessary. He also spreads rumors in the first two towns he comes across about the munificence of the spirit of the hill.

Diplo: 1d20+5=21, 1d20+5=13, 1d20+6=22, 1d20+6=25, 1d20+6=22
Perception: 1d20+18=48, 1d20+18=27, 1d20+18=33, 1d20+18=48, 1d20+18=23
Bluff: 1d20+15=34, 1d20+15=20

Given the urgency of his mission, he's not going to spend more than a night in any one town, but will probably stop in on the way back to gather information.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:35 pm

Yuuta's praising 'rumors' positively spread like wildfire in the first major town he visits --- the castle-town of Nagoya, seat of the Oda administration. By the time he left next morning, many in the town are already hearing of the spirital guardian in northeastern Mikawa whose blessings brings success, even attributing the return of Tougou to him. The merchants who make periodic runs by Mikawa are particularly interested...

[XP +500]

He wasn't nearly as successful in Gifu castle-town, however. Maybe the locals just didn't fit him as well, because he also had more trouble getting travel information there than usual --- to the point that the next town he found himself in was on the road to the capital Kyoto rather than Yamatai. Thankfully, some chatting with a helpful innkeeper corrected his path. He probably got delayed by only a day.

(...)

[November 19th, Mid-Morning]

Several hours after setting off for the next town, in a lightly wooded path, Yuuta came under sudden attack as a crossbow bolt shot out from the trees --- piercing through his armor right under the left collarbone before he could even react. Yuuta did however, manage to spot the attacker before he could duck back under the bushes: the target was 80ft away, 40ft off the road, and holding a heavy crossbow. In a moment of adrenaline-heightened senses, Yuuta also spots three other ninjas, except 20ft closer and probably not as skilled if they were discovered without even exposing themselves with a weapon shot.

( Yuuta takes 56 piercing damage and need to make 2 fortitude saves: vs death effect and vs poison )
( at the same time, make a Will save as you feel someone attempt to pull information from you head with excessive force... )
( also, initiative check )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 am

Yuuta is in quite a bit of pain. (37/91, and very possibly dead)

Death effect: 1d20+8=14 (I'm expecting a hero point will be needed here, though I simply may not be able to make the save without a good roll.)
Poison: 1d20+10=25
Will save: 1d20+7=25

Init: 1d20+11=14

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 pm

( Well you have 3 hero points, so either try a reroll or use the 2HeroPt cheat death [something will ensue] )
( also consider investing on Fort boosters, like that armor crystal, next time; they're probably just as important if not more than Reflex here )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:23 pm

(I'll reroll. New Fort save: 1d20+8=38!)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:53 pm

For a moment Yuuta felt like he might pass out, but a sudden rush of adrenaline cleared his mind and overwhelmed whatever biting poison that was tipped on that cursed bolt. The assassins were clearly expecting a result, as despite Yuuta's delayed response most of them failed to follow up on the ambush... only one ninja went into invisibility as the rest just watched blankly for precious few seconds...
(rolled for inits: 1, 5, 8, 5 >_>)

(Yuuta's turn)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:58 am

Yuuta starts by casting Obscuring Mist, then vanishing 30' into the shrubbery.

Stealth: 1d20+22=30+concealment bonuses from mist

Return to “Missions”