Yuuta's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Laharl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Yuuta nods, "Fair enough, I'll see what I can figure out on my own." He then takes the sword and concentrates for a few seconds.

(Detect Magic I have, Spellcraft 12+15=27)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

( you manage to partially identify it's function... )

Keishoushin, Blade of the Shadowlord (Minor Artifact)
Description: A simple-looking short-sword with a pitch-black blade and dark-purple cords wrapped around the grip. The black substance surrounding the blade seems to empower the blade in darkness, but it dissolves under daylight, revealing a keen mithral edge. Once a treasure of the Iga clan ninjas, Keishoushin was captured when their top assassin was cornered and killed after assassinating the previous Lord Tougou, since then all news of the blade vanished into the chaotic coup that spelled the end of the Tougou house; should news of this blade's resurgence reach the Iga's ears, it would undoubtly bring assassins seeking to recover it down upon the wielder.
Caster Level: 15th
Weapon: +3 Mithral Short-Sword
Bonuses:
Umbral Edge: In shadowy illumination or darker, Keishoushin inflicts +2d6 damage and all damage dealt is considered magical.
Embrace the Darkness: Keishoushin may emanate a 20ft-radius magical shadowy effect like that of a Darkness spell. This may be deactivated or reactivated as a swift action. As a swift action (or part of its activation), the wielder may expend 1 ki point or a 2nd level spell slot to enhance the effect to that of Deeper Darkness instead for 1 minute per charisma modifier.
Lord of Shadows: (failed to identify)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 am

"Hmm...I've got an idea what it does, but not completely. I'll get somebody else to take a closer look later. What did you mean when you said it was double-edged? Just the Iga tie, or something more...sinister?"

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:55 am

( just realized that the description I copypasta'd already gave it away )

"That's exactly it," Taira responded, a worrisome expression on his face as he looked at the blade, "it's the treasure of the Iga house ninjas, except that the Iga house are the ninjas--- not only are they the best in Japan, but many ninjas of the other clans also look up to them. Should word of the sword's whereabouts get out, there would no doubt be those who seek its power, glory, and prestige for themselves. In fact, the Iga would probably take it as a personal affront should they find out that their heirloom weapon is in the hands of their enemies."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:06 am

"I shall be careful, then. Thank you, sir. Take care, and I'll see you in a few weeks."

Yuuta goes in search of Terasaka or someone else trustworthy who can identify that last power.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:17 am

"Best of luck; I hope you'll return with great results and fantastic stories," Taira smiled as he nodded towards Yuuta.
|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 pm

(Terasaka is easy to find in his room)
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:30 am

"I was only able to partially determine the powers of this sword. Would you mind taking a look?"

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Terasaka uses his daily casting of Divine Insight to aid his attempt to Detect Magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20+21 = 36
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:34 pm

( here's the last ability... )

Lord of Shadows: As long as Keishoushin is emanating darkness, you may slash at the air to send out a wave of shadowstuff to strike the enemy. Your effective reach with Keishoushin increases by +5ft (although you continue to threaten adjacent squares), but you only threaten targets that are engulfed within the Embrace the Darkness effect.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 am

Yuuta plans to spend a few days over the next week infiltrating the local towns and cities to spread some nasty rumors about the tanuki.

(Rumormonger works Cha mod/week, which is 2 for Yuuta, spending a hero point to do four in one week).

-The tanuki are planning to make the tanuki suits required for all humans to wear at all times. (Bluff 6+14=20)
-The tanuki are planning to cut a deal with the Oda to surrender that would allow the tanuki to leave unharmed. No humans would be allowed to go with them. (Bluff 15+14=29)
-The tanuki are planning to pass a law that would allow a tanuki to have sex with one or both participants in a marriage on the night of the ceremony before the two can consummate it themselves (15+14=29).
-The tanuki are planning to raise taxes by 30% on humans and use the money to build an orphanage where they will brainwash human children stolen from their parents (14+14=28).

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Yuuta successfully spreads the first three rumors, although people weren't very keen on the last one. The people seem particularly horrified by the third--- either way, it'll take probably take 2 days for the rumor to circulate around all of Okazaki Castle town, and around a week before it spreads to the rest of the local populace.
[ Yuuta receives 4,000XP for spreading the crazy rumors that are likely to inflict a critical hit upon Tokugawa PR ]
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Mikawa Rumor Assassination

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm

On the morning of November 6th, Yuuta entered the castle town again to get the latest updates on information... it seemed that the rumors he dispersed is now spreading like wildfire and raising all kinds of undesirable (or desirable, from his perspective) reactions from the populace; however, it seemed like the tanuki also took heed of this and already started taking subversive action against it--- the first of which is the circulation of rumors that foreign agents acting on behalf of Oda is spreading falsifications and inciting violence within Mikawa, hoping to get raise turmoil within the community and hope the locals will deal with citizens who might be a future problem all at once so they'll have less issues when they slam down iron-fisted policies, just as they did in the former Ashigara-clan's territories they conquered...

Just as Yuuta was leaving one tavern for a different location, a crossbow bolt flew out from the other side of the street. His instantaneous shift to the side had saved his neck (literally), but the bolt still struck deep between his shoulders and his collarbone...
( Yuuta takes 46 piercing damage )
[ Make a Fortitude save against a death effect ]
[ also make a perception check, and an initiative roll... ]

It was obvious the moment pain struck that this was an assassination attempt on his life, and it only took a few seconds before his blood caused the nearby commoners to go into a panick, while the nearest patrol down the street --- six ashigaru lead by a human samurai, was headed right for him where the commotion was coming from, although it'll take them a little more time since the soldiers didn't intend to cut a path with their weapons and simply brandished their blades as they walked steadily forward, relying on the sharp edge of steel to encourage panicked people to get out of the way.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 am

Yuuta reels in pain before reacting, albeit a bit slower than usual.

(Fort 15+8=23
Perception 12+17=29
Init 2+11=13)

(I suspect Yuuta may be keeling over here...)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 pm

(close call actually; I thought you might have to use a hero point.)

Yuuta feels dizzy for a second and feels like the last of his strength was leaving him, but he just barely manages to pull it together. He also notices a heavy crossbow pulling into the shadows in a 2nd floor window two stores down the street, maybe around ~40ft to the south...

The squad of soldiers are around ~60ft south and steadily marching forward (at only ~30ft/rnd since most of the people are fleeing that way; it's toward the castle). You also notice a second squad turning the corner near the edge of town at around 100ft north.
|

()

Return to “Missions”