Yuuta's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Laharl » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 am

(That's all for me in this event, though I wouldn't mind knowing their names. :P)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:15 pm

(xD you coulda just asked. Yuuta never properly introduced himself so I thought you didn't care)

As they ate, the three people finally introduced themselves to one another, and Yuuta learns that the monk's name is Itsuki Satoru, while the girl's name is Tamagushi Fuuka; she also confirms that she indeed served as a miko in Yamatai in the past.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

October 19th Event

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 pm

(Jumping to next event since you seem to be done...)
(What does Yuuta do on most of his free time anyhow?)

It was the morning of October 19th, and Yuuta was helping Todoroki and the rest of the group build housing outside the castle when someone called out "Yuuta! someone's here to see you!"

After Yuuta emerges from the large, half-built wooden cabin, a rather elderly man waves his hand towards him in greeting from the nearby dirt road. He was wearing the white uniform of a Tougou military officer and carried a katana, although the walking stick he was leaning heavily on didn't make him very fit for combat. As Yuuta headed over, he began to notice recognize, just barely--- it was Taira Eichi, the old commander of the Tougou special ops units. Yuuta didn't serve under him directly, but he's seen the man a few times. It was only several years ago, but one look at Eichi's wrinkly face, his salt-and-pepper hair, or his noticeably hunched-over back would claim that the man must have aged more than two decades... it seems the stories were right and the Death Lands really took its toll on him.

"Yuuta Rokuro, I presume?" Taira said as Yuuta approached. Even his voice sounded old, with a bit of wheezing in it. "I apologize. It's been a long time since I've met anyone who once served under me, let alone someone not of my direct command. Your commander was one of our betters; it's a shame he and almost all of his men were killed during the Coup."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 am

(Good question. Probably odd jobs, hunting, scouting, etc.)

"Yes, that's me," Yuuta responds, before turning around and smiling. "Damn but it's good to see you, sir. That coup was definitely a dark day. Many good men and women didn't make it, and all for politics and greed. I only survived myself due to being off on a mission at the time. Those bastards, throwing you in here after your years of good work."

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:32 pm

"Heh, as if they even had the good graces to toss us here," Taira responded bitterly, "those bastards executed any supporters of the old clan, and we were forced to flee here because no-one else would take us in." He then shook his head and tried to get the seething hatred out of his eyes. "Forgive me; it does nothing to dwell upon the past. At least we're back on green land now, uninfested with Oni problems... and you, Yuuta, I heard you've been making quite a name for yourself. First one into the castle, wasn't you? Your captain wouldn't be more proud to have brought up such a soldier."
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:22 pm

"It's kind of you to say that, sir. I don't know if I was the absolute first, but I was among those that went in to take the gates, yes. I'm sure you've heard that the Mouri are advancing on us, with a significant number of ninja. We could use your expertise in planning a defense, particularly against ninja scouts."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:04 pm

"I've been advising Lord Tougou on the matter... Vigilance and subterfuge, it's how you defend against subterfuge, and well, while everyone has been increasing the watches, patrols, lighting, and all that, the real problem is that we simply don't have enough ninja types of our own." He sighed before continuing, "your squad is one of the few we have that excels at keeping a lookout; I expect the leadership will be keeping that in mind come battle planning."

"But that's not what I'm really here for..." Taira said before breaking a cough. He took a flask from his belt and took a few gulps, then looked directly into Yuuta's eyes with a most serious and grim expression. "I did hear about what happened to your family, Yuuta; my most heartfelt condolences for the tragedy." He then paused and closed his eyes, as if offering a moment of silence for the dead... "But, I must ask you this, because you're one of our few hopes--- do you have any interest in returning once to your homeland? to visiting the towns you grew up in once again?"
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 am

"Maybe some day, but I don't expect it to happen any time soon. Why?"

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:11 pm

"Because we know there are still people loyal to Tougou clan within the old territory, there has to be. They'd have gone underground, hidden, but I bet they're still there. We're organizing a group to go back, make contact and spread the word; gather our supporters and bring them here. Unfortunately, few of the original Tougou members remain at this point, and few of them any good at this kind of job. I'm past my time for field ops at this point, but you--- you're easily one of the best we've got."
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:29 pm

"Ahh...There are some parts of Tougou where I'd probably be less welcome, but I could probably do that, once things settle down a bit here. I think that's an excellent idea."

(How close is Tougou to Yamatai?)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 pm

(Tougou's former domain is Mikawa [], with Yamatai being just two regions to the north. Mikawa had been taken over by the youkai racoon dogs (Tanuki) that they once hired as mercenaries...)

"Well, this is all for after we defeat the coming army... although war seems to be brewing in that region once again, so planning seeks to start earlier than later. We plan to send the first few operatives later next week--- what do you think?"
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:39 am

"I think I would love to get some more loyal Togou out here, and away from the Tanuki. Let me know when you're sending people and I'll head out."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Blade of the Shadowlord

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:14 pm

( October 28th, afternoon... )

It was after the end of the mission-4 briefing [], just as everyone else was leaving, when Yuuta felt a magically conveyed Message (as the cantrip) bring Taira's words to his ears: "Yuuta, a minute please."

The old man moved to close the doors after everyone else's departure, before he walked back to the side of the room where he sat, and picked up a long wooden box from the desk by the wall.

He coughed several times as he sat back down; maybe that meeting was a bit too much talking for him.

"There's something I want to give you before you depart. You may find it--- useful, should certain problems arise."

He unwrapped the cords tightened around the box and opened it, revealing a delicately packaged but rather simple-looking short-sword with dark-purple cords wrapped around the grip.

"This is Keishoushin, treasured blade of the Iga clan ninjas, and the sword that took the life of the last Lord of Tougou. The assassin who did the deed had been killed before he could escape, although not without claiming the lives of dozens of our ninjas and special operatives---" Taira's gaze shifted to look straight into Yuuta's eyes, a trace of haunting still within them, "---including a number of your old comrades. The blade is well known by the Iga clan and, since the incident, also by many within our own. But its fate was lost to history when we fled to the Death Lands. It's a bit double-edged, but I think, when used properly by someone of your talents, it's powers should prove a valuable boon."
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:52 am

"Thank you, sir. I will bear it with respect and wariness. What are these powers you speak of?"

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 pm

"To be honest, I can't completely remember the analysis, having never actually used it myself. But it has the ability to manipulate shadows and darkness."

( Got a Detect Magic + spellcraft check? or bugger Terasaka for one )
|

()

Return to “Missions”