[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 pm

(Oct. 15th, but you don't know that yet)

Yuuta woke up in the middle of a stone stairway with a pounding headache and the feeling of complete magical exhaustion (all slots expended). He was injured, but not too badly (half HP). The blood that soaked his clothes seem to be mostly from others instead of him. He looked about from his position, and noticed that he was within a local temple of the Tenshiism Sect, with bloody bodies of monks scattered all about the courtyard just below him. Death by sword stabs, dark flames, and foul necromancy... the massacred had signs of Yuuta's "other self" all over it.

The temple seems to be on the top of a massive hill, its slopes surrounded by trees but its top barren except for the structures. It was still mid-morning and there was a thin mist covering the land, but there doesn't appear to be any settlements near this temple.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:15 am

(Is this likely to involve combat? If so, we'll put this on hold until I've levelled up. Also, I thought there was somebody who wanted to talk to me before the last mission. Probably from that group we ran into in the Death Lands?)

Either way, Yuuta swears to himself before looking for any survivors. He doesn't really expect to find any, but you never know.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:33 pm

(Combat: not likely, and certainly not soon. As for talking to someone, I decided they were going to wait a little bit before getting to that, since it opens up a very long event).

Yuuta searches around the temple, finding the bodies of 19 monks, all of them brutally murdered and not a single one still alive. He also finds 2 miko dead just outside the gateway and on the stone steps down from the mountain--- who appears to have come bearing food for the temple and walked straight into the bloodbath.

There was also a trail of blood drips that went out of the temple gate and into the woods.
|

()

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Yuuta figures he might as well give everyone a proper burial. It's the least he can do. Afterwards, he follows the blood trail into the woods at top speed.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:59 pm

After burying the bodies, Yuuta began to track the trail (I'm assuming take10). It took nearly two hours, and during this time the trails of a second person merged with the first. The trail eventually led to a some cottage deep within the woods, and you could see someone's movement inside its main room--- they seem to be working on something, and doesn't seem to be aware of your presence.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:12 am

Yuuta moves closer stealthily to get a better look/hear better.

Stealth: 24
Perception: 18

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:56 am

Yuuta manages to sneak closer to a window without being noticed, and sees a girl wearing a rather aged miko uniform tending to an injured monk who is currently lying unconscious on the bed with heavy wounds.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:21 am

Yuuta quickly stealths back out about 100', then purposefully steps on twigs to make noise as he approaches the cabin. He knocks on the door when he reaches it.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:26 pm

"Just a second!" Yuuta heards from inside, followed by a lot of moving around in the room before the girl came to the doors and opened it. "Can I help you?" she asked with a blank and emotionless face.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:33 pm

"I was passing by and noticed that you were healing this old man. I have some skill in that area myself, and thought I would offer my assistance."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

She looked a little bit suspicious, but nevertheless bowed lightly in appreciation. "Thank you. I did what I could, but it'd be nice to get a real healer to look at him."

(That's a bit odd, because if she was once a miko, given her uniform, she'd have been trained as a healer before).

She led you inside to the bed, where the unconscious monk lays. He was badly wounded by a shortsword stab, but is now in a stable condition and recovering.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Yuuta then remembers he's out of spells, and uses his healing belt's charges on the priest to heal him for 12 HP, and then makes a Heal check (Nat 20, 20+13+10=43).

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:27 pm

The monk groggily wakes up, but as soon as he focused his eyes on Yuuta, his face twisted in shock and he quickly backed up to the corner of the bed. "Wha-what is this! Why are you here! Did you follow me to hell to kill me a second time or something!"

The girl also turned to look at Yuuta with wary eyes, although her expression was still blank as ever.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 am

Yuuta sighs. "I can't blame you for leaping to conclusions, especially since I'm covered in blood. Now, if I wanted to kill you, why would I bother expending all this effort to heal you? I put quite a bit of work into healing you, I'll have you know." He puts his weapons on a nearby table, assuming they weren't already off him during the process of healing. "I'm even disarmed. Now, I do know why you came to the conclusion that I killed you. It's completely reasonable. But it's also completely false. The details are...complicated, but if you believe nothing I am saying, believe that I just saved your life, or at least greatly sped up your healing."

(Cha check: 21 - whatever the appropriate skill is, I don't have ranks in it - 22 if it's Diplo from Reputation trait :P)

Return to “Missions”