Yuuta's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am

(Interrupt!) The ninja that disappeared popped into full-presence no more than 30ft away, just at the edge of the trees, as Yuuta felt an arrow drive into him from the raised shortbow.
(Yuuta takes another 25 piercing dmg and must attempt a DC35 concentration to finish the spell)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 am

(That probably just killed Yuuta. He cannot make that Concentration check, even on a 20.)

Concentration: 1d20+4=16

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:43 am

Yuuta, while moving, also activates Keishoushin's Darkness ability to give himself some extra cover.
(deeper darkness with slot burn)

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 am

The three ninjas cursed as the magical darkness enshrouded the area. Darkness was usually on their side, so they didn't really have a good way of breaking through it. Yuuta heard a call, probably from the leader, far back: "fan out and cover the other side!"

Slowed by the complete darkness, Yuuta barely makes it to the other side... (back to your turn)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 am

Yuuta remains stealthed and shuffles back 15' to re-enter the darkness, where he activates his healing belt (all charges, because being able to take a hit is a huge help).

Healing: 4d8=20HP
Stealth: 1d20+22=36

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:22 am

Yuuta hears more footsteps outside the darkness globe as the four the enemies seems to spread out to cover all four sides. Some chanting was heard also and Black Tentacles suddenly erupted from the ground, attempt to grope and grab Yuuta. But even in the pitch darkness he managed to avoid it.

( back to your turn )

(as Yuuta is casting True Seeing: he sees four ninjas spread out around the darkness, three around 20-30ft out, 2 with bows drawn and 1 with a hvy crossbow. The last, a shadowcaster, is still 60ft away near their original ambush point.)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 am

Yuuta activates his Scout's Headband (for True Seeing), then shifts 5' closer to the edge of the darkness, towards the leader.

Stealth: 1d20+22=36

(For those watching from home, Dai has informed me that there are two minion ninjas, a shadowcaster, and the leader, all surrounding this ball of darkness. Next turn, shit starts dying.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:45 am

The assassin group's leader finishes reloading his heavy crossbow, tipped with another bolt he drew from a sealed vial --- clearly poisonous. The other ninjas scan the perimeter with bows raised, while the shadowcaster chanted a spell upon them all (spellcraft: Blessing of Fervor).

Each of the enemies was 30ft out from the darkness radius...

The tentacles tried to annoy again and failed again.

(back to Yuuta's turn)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:56 am

Yuuta slips out into the woods, coming up upon the ninja leader before leaving a nasty gash in him with Keishoushin, and then returns to his comfortable darkness as quickly as he can, hoping the other ninjas won't be able to hit him. Hoping. He also activates his Amulet of Tears for a bit of a health buffer.

Stealth: 1d20+22=40
Attack roll: 1d20+20=36
Damage: 50 magic piercing
Stealth: 1d20+2=8

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 am

Yuuta leaves the leader badly bloodied with but a single slash. Whatever else, ninjas were not trained for resilience...
Keishoushin's slash also struck out even further than expected, as though the blade was extend itself using the darkness of the shadows emanating from the ninjas' weapons...

[ Keishoushin has unlocked a new ability! ]
Lord of Shadows: As long as Keishoushin is emanating darkness, you may slash at the air to send out a wave of shadowstuff to strike the enemy. Your effective reach with Keishoushin increases by +5ft (although you continue to threaten adjacent squares), but you only threaten targets that are engulfed within the Embrace the Darkness effect.

Still clutching the wound, the leader ordered them to back out further, to a distance of 60ft away as they kept their vigilance with readied weapons. Meanwhile the caster tried to dispel the darkness effect, but failed.

The Black Tentacles wasn't very effective...

( back to Yuuta )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 am

(For those watching from home, we just realized the darkness effect moves with me, rather than being centered where I was standing when I activated it, because it emanates from Keishoushin.)

Yuuta flits back to the leader, slicing his nads open, and then wanders 20' towards one of the minions, figuring he may as well work his way around the circle.

Stealth: 1d20+22=40
Attack: 1d20+20=32
Damage: 48 piercing magic

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 am

A bloody scream came from the assassin leader as he crumbled to the ground, and the other three, finding their offensive means completely useless against a mobile globe of pitch darkness, broke and ran off in separate directions (60ft x 4run speed)
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:29 am

Yuuta sprints at 200'/round (x4 + spare move action) after the shadowcaster, knowing he'll only be able to catch one of the enemies.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 am

After several rounds of chasing Yuuta manages to come within charge distance... as the shadowcaster looked decidedly panicked about being chased by a giant ball of utter darkness.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 am

Yuuta dashes in for the kill wishing he were able to catch up with all of them, but knowing that's just not really going to work without expending time he simply doesn't have before the Oda armies approach. Keishoushin slices deep into the shadowcaster nonetheless; its keen edge possibly catching something important.

Attack: 1d20+20=39 (threat, confirm natural 1)
Damage: 51 magic piercing

Return to “Missions”