Yuuta's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Yuuta's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 am

The shadowcaster went down almost instantly as the blade drove into him...

By this time the other two, having run off in other directions, were nowhere to be seen.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 am

Yuuta breathes a sigh of exasperation and starts burning his remaining spell slots on CLW (47 total HP healed on five casts).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 am

[ Yuuta earns 22,400XP for crushing the assassination attempt on his life (double XP for ambush encounter) --- I'll compile all this from your sidequest later]

[ Loot found from the two taken down: ]
+1 Buckler
Mwk Infiltrator Outfit (+3 stealth in shadow)
Dispelling Cord [MIC]
Ring of Silent Spells [MIC]
Mwk Leather Scale
Mwk Heavy Crossbow w/ Mwk Scope
Scout's Headband [MIC]
Deepcover Cloak (+5Bluff/Stealth)
Mwk Acrobat's Shoes
Camouflage Kit
Disguise Kit
Least Crystal of Shadows (5ft shadowy darkness; 400gps)
Vial of Deathblade Poison (Injury)(DC30: 1/rnd for 12rnds; 1d3 Con dmg (2saves); Sticky (10hits)

Yuuta continues his journey to the next town without incident. In fact, the next few days went fine, and nothing suspicious happened until Yuuta reached the base of the mountains in Yamatai (November 21st). There, as he stopped by an Inn for a light meal, a local walked up to his table...

"Don't mind if I sit here? It's a little crowded." In fact he had sat down casually before Yuuta could answer. "So what brings you to Yamatai?"

Yuuta could also feel the barkeep's eyes distinctively focusing on him.

(Editted: Misread the EXP charts)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:12 am

Yuuta shrugs ruefully. "I'm here on a pilgrimage to the Miko Institute. I've got a slight problem I hope they can help me with."

[Bluff, since there's rather more to it than that] 1d20+5=25

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:57 pm

"Slight problem for them to help? Are you being haunted by a spirit or something?" the homely man before you joked.

A waiter came over with the dishes before the man even ordered --- either this guy is a regular or something else is up --- and put in his own words of curiosity: "On a pilgrimage? where are you from?"
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Yuuta smiles. "Yes, that's a fairly accurate description of the situation. I'm originally from (whatever the hell the name of the country we just saved is, Mikawa?), but only recently returned after several years travelling around various parts of JAPAN."

Bluff: 1d20+20=38

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm

"Mikawa, huh?" the other said as he took the food and began eating, somewhat sloppily. "Unpleasant stuff going on there, all the lords fighting each other and whatnots. Good that you managed to emerge from all that fine... Rumors has it some exiled lord has returned after a decade --- are you one of those returning to homeland to follow him?"

The man continued to ask his curiosities, but the air seemed to have lightened considerably --- at least the barkeep's eyes weren't burning a hole in your back anymore.
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:06 am

"Yes, Lord Tougou has returned after years in exile. After I complete my pilgrimage, I'll return to Mikawa to serve him."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 pm

The man smiled --- although it looked more like just baring his teeth: "well, I'm no fan of chaos and wars, but we here at Yamatai do appreciate a good show of loyalty."

Putting his bowl back down, he had apparently gulped down his food before Yuuta even realized it. He then put down some silver pieces next to it as payment for the food and stood up to head out...
"Well, I'll be on my way. Was nice talking to you, and good luck."

( btw, what are you planning to do with the loot? or just carry it about for now? )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

"Thanks, you too."

(Yuuta is going to hold onto it for now; this isn't really the time to sell stuff from dead ninjas.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Yuuta made his way into Yamatai province and up the mountains without any incidents after that. He reached the town right below the Miko Institute's main temple complex at dusk on November 22nd, ready to visit the next day...

He woke up with a particularly bad feeling, one that he hadn't felt for over a month.

He was at another mountain temple. Another very bloodied temple, with 'freshly' killed monks strewn across the open courtyard. Signs of necromancy were apparent, and upon a simple check Yuuta could find no traces of the Mark of Justice that was inscribed upon him...

The distance he was looking down into the courtyard indicated he was on the second floor of... probably some pagoda given the internal layout. It was dawn, and the sun was just barely coming up over the horizon. In the distance, maybe about two miles away, he could see the very town he stayed at the other night--- as well as the Miko Institute's main temple above it. It would seem the place he attacked was on a separate mountain-top...

He also felt exhausted. His other self must have had a busy night... in fact given the time since the last time 'he' surfaced, it might have been well over a night.

( Anything you couldn't carry without getting in the way... probably just that ninja's armor, just got left behind in the Inn )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:17 am

Yuuta swears up and down at the reappearance of the other before quietly slipping out to head up to the main temple to finally get this bastard sealed. Or removed.

Stealth 1d20+7=33

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm

( I apologize for the lack of posts Dave... things will return once I hunt down Judson and force him to start advancing timeline =_= )
( or when I give and just start advancing timeline without him... )
|

()

Return to “Missions”