Terasaka's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Terasaka's Events

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Terasaka takes one of the bottles and examines it for a minute before replying,

"If you think it will help, I'm willing to try just about anything. Should we have a healer standing by before I drink it, or is it safe enough that I'd be able to heal myself if something goes wrong?"
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:21 pm

"I... don't think anything should go that far off." Yumi responded, suddenly looking bit unsure of herself, "and I have a few spells myself, even should the unlikely happen."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:25 pm

"No point waiting around then. Here goes nothing-"

Terasaka pops open the first bottle and swallows the potion.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Nothing happens at first as he swallowed the bitter, grass-flavored potion with a tinge of iron. Then Terasaka felt his stomach churn a little, as though he ate something unpleasant. He felt sickened for a moment, but other than a sudden need to pass gas, nothing distinctive seems to be about.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Terasaka tries to hide his grimace at the horrid taste.

"I can't really feel a change from this one- should we try the others, or try to wait for it to take effect?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 pm

"You should feel something noticeable regarding your craving, if it's good... I'm purely guessing here though," Yumi pondered aloud.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:42 pm

"In that case, lets wait for a while to see if it has a delayed effect, then move on to the next one. We wouldn't want to miss a successful formula just because it takes some time to work."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Yumi nodded, as she put the other three bottles on a nearby counter. She was fidgeting a little, unsure of what exactly to do. Being conversational had obviously never been a strong point of her...

"Terasaka... I know it's a bit rude of me to ask, seeing as we come from the exiled lands, but... might I inquire to what happened in the past, for such a-- development? You once told the gist of it to Katsurou and us, but back then... the details didn't seem to matter as much, not as much as immediate survival."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:16 am

Terasaka looks down at the floor and fidgets a little before replying.

"There- there were some pretty dark times in my past Yumi. I've done a lot of... of things I'm not proud of..."

He trails off uncertainly, looking off into space.

"There were a lot of bad situations, a lot of hard choices that we had to make. You know how it was with the Blackhearts, when we had to do whatever it took just to get by one more day..."

He pauses again, looking down at the floor before making eye contact again.

"I guess I'm still not ready to talk about it. I'm trying to put all that behind me, now that we've escaped from that place and we have a chance to make a real life for ourselves out here. I'll try to help if you need to know something to make a cure, but its still so painful to think back... I hope you can understand."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:29 am

Yumi nods, a bit hurriedly, her eyes turning away, apologetic and ashamed of her prior curiosity. "Of course, of course... I'm the one sorry really, for asking... I really shouldn't have brought up something, something that all of us would rather leave behind us." Her smile was somewhat forced as she looked back to Terasaka. "Just forget I asked."

Yumi looked back outside, seeing the last of daylight still piercing through the gaps of the tent. "Let me see if Shigeru might have an extract for just in case... I'll be back in a sec."

(unless there are some interjections...)

It took Yumi longer than usual, but eventually she returned. She was still quite awkward as an hour slowly passed...

Yet despite the flow of time, Terasaka realized no changes brought by the concoction he drank, except for the occasional grumble of the stomach. His desire for blood was still there, unquenched, and the greatest effect that might have happened may be an unpleasant trip to the 'bathroom' stall later...
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 am

"You don't need to apologize. You've done so much to help me, and its only natural you'd be a bit curious about how this happened. No shame in that at all."

(after the hour passes...)

"I'm afraid this one isn't having an effect. Lets try the next potion. Ready?"

Once Yumi gives her assent, Terasaka swallows the second flask.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:39 am

Terasaka almost choked as the drink poured down his throat. It felt almost like it burnt its way down. Whatever it is, his body was reacting poorly to it as he felt a flaring pain, followed closely by numbness, quickly spreading through his body (take 4pts of strength damage).
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:43 am

After gasping for breath, Terasaka casts two Lesser Restoration spells on himself (2d4=4), just barely fixing the damage done by the hideous concoction.

"Maybe we should avoid that recipe..."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:48 am

As Terasaka cast, he noticed his speech distinctively slurred. Thankfully, he managed to complete both spells without accidentally botching one of them... (any spell that can cure muteness [or blindness/deafness since muteness is not a stat Pathfinder/D&D is used to dealing with] could probably fix the issue.)

Yumi was a bit shocked to see such an adverse reaction. She nodded in complete agreement, looking unsure and maybe a bit afraid of the two remaining bottles. "I'm sorry, that really shouldn't have--- I don't know what happened. We should take a break... do you still want to continue?"
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:59 am

Terasaka casts Cleanse on himself to restore his speech, then rubs his jaw briefly.

"Absolutely we will continue. If there's even a chance of one of these working, it will be more than worth it."

Without hesitating, he takes the third bottle and gulps it down.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Missions”