[ Quick Links ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Terasaka's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:49 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 pm

--Meeting with Kawanoe, October 15th--

Terasaka searches out Kawanoe Yuzuru on the first day after the assault on the keep. He is carrying a large, carefully wrapped bundle and wearing a very serious expression.

"Hello Kawanoe. Do you have time to talk? I'm afraid there's something very serious I need to discuss with you."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:36 pm

"Comein" you heard Kawanoe's voice from the other side of the door. You enter to find him reading a book in his room, probably from the recently captured castle's archives.

He gets up and pulls a chair out from the corner. "Please, have a seat," he said before gesturing for you to continue on.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:43 am

Terasaka sits down, gingerly setting his bundle on the floor beside him. He is silent for a long moment, then says, abruptly, "Has anyone told you how Katsurou died, out there in the Deathlands?"
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:03 pm

"Unfortunately, no. It was a dangerous mission you all took on, especially since it seems your group encountered a black oni--- and even won," said Katsurou, his voice mixed between being surprised and impressed. "But we simply assumed Katsurou died fighting the oni, a warrior's death on the battlefield."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 pm

"That would have been a fitting death for a warrior. But they did not have that honor. No. We found them one morning, all three dead without even a hint of a struggle. Their Hojo clan markings had been mutilated, and close examination revealed that they had been killed by a necromantic spell that destroyed their brains while leaving the rest of the body untouched."

Terasaka paused a moment to let this sink in before continuing. "We had thought it was some strange magic related to the death lands, or perhaps the curse that they carried. But now, with what happened last night..."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Yuzuru thought for a second. "That is troubling news--- it'd be too much of a coincidence for these two cases be unrelated, so my only guess is someone... or something, must have followed your group back from the Death Lands and now lurks amongst us. Whether its a grudgeful killer or vengeful spirit, we don't have enough information to tell."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:56 pm

"That was my conclusion as well. I'm not sure what we can do about it aside from having the ex-Hojo groups hide their insignias, but we should absolutely be on our guard. But that wasn't the main reason I wanted to see you."

Terasaka carefully unwraps his package, and spreads out the painting of the Hojo mage with the map. "It appears that Katsurou kept secrets from all of us. I found this on his body after he was killed."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:55 pm

Yuzuru looks over the map, puzzled. "Looked just like a regular piece of art to me."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm

"It does, but it radiates a powerful magical aura. This morning I've finally had the time to examine it closely, and there can be no question. This is the magical key to the wards around Shikoku. Katsurou must have taken it during the assault on the gatehouse keep. I don't know whether he was aware of the painting's significance, but I think it would be wise to return it to the gatehouse as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I don't know whether that alone would be enough to keep the wards active."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 am

Yuzuru considered it for a moment before answering: "there's no other option except to try. If the ward collapses and the Oni realizes it, this place will be overrun by them in days! We should get that back to the keep as soon as possible and hope it syncs with the wards."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:11 am

"Absolutely. It would be good to have something more solid than just hope for this though. First, we should get everyone in the Castle who is knowledgeable about the arcane to examine the key closely to see if they can glean any more specifics.

"Personally, I do know a spell that might be able to reveal specific procedures or rituals associated with maintaining the wards, but it unfortunately requires certain valuable incense and ivory that I don't have. I'd like to check through the stores we captured to see if we have the right materials. We should be able to get this done by the end of the day and have the map back in the gatehouse keep by tomorrow, if we move quickly."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 am

"When we first took the gate and could not identify the key to the wards, I had already talked with the mages we have," Yuzuru explained. "The problem was none of them knew any details either--- not only is this information very specific, it's also old and unused for who knows how long. Even the ex-Hojo mages from Tougou didn't know much about it, although Ozawa Matsuri did say that the key should be on the center pillar of the Keep's main building, facing the entrance. We searched the Keep based on that, and obviously we didn't find it. If I remember right... our engineering experts agreed that its prime location should be on the east wall of the main conference chamber."
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:34 pm

"In that case, we should bring it back and hang it in that location immediately. If I can find the spell components I need I can go back and try to gather more information."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Missions”