Terasaka's Events

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Terasaka's Events

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:04 am

It was obvious this is the one the moment it washed through his throat, satiating, at least a bit, of his desire for blood. It didn't *quite* taste like it; it was bitter, coarse, and a bit too thin, but he felt that damning urge held back somewhat as though he had drank some actual blood. In fact, he distinctively felt like he wanted more of it, but a far more simple -- and controllable -- desire than addiction.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:13 am

Terasaka slowly breaks into a wide smile as he feels the effects of the potion setting in fully.

"You did it. You did it!" Terasaka grabs Yumi in a huge hug, lifting her up and spinning in a circle before setting her back down and stepping back, laughing.

"Its amazing. You really did it. I never thought that herbs and chemicals could stand up against an oni's curse, but you made it work. Incredible. I don't know how I can thank you enough."
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:17 am

Yumi looked quite exhilarated herself, grinning widely as she hugged back. But as the initial euphoria wore off some, she cautioned hopefully: "there's still a chance of some side-effect we don't know yet, and it's still more likely a suppressant than actual cure, but it's certainly far better than none. I'll see about making some more of this immediately to try though."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:23 am

"Anything is better than nothing at this point- especially when it means you won't have to be slicing yourself apart every night just to keep me from going crazy."

Terasaka's smiles wanes a bit as he thinks of something

"You won't have any trouble finding ingredients, will you? I guess Moonflower Sap actually does grow on trees, but its still a bit tough to collect."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:27 am

"The Moonflower Trees aren't that uncommon in Japan, just... unpleasant; they're mostly in the west and northeast though. The others aren't the most common, but I think I can manage just fine," she smiled back reassuringly.
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 am

"Well let me know how you fare. We can always go on a tree-chopping trip once we get a break from our mission here."

Terasaka moderates his grinning a bit to look somewhat serious.

"You've done more than I could ever have expected Yumi. I can't tell you how much this means to me."
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 am

Yumi looked taken back. It surely wasn't something she was prepared for, nor did she know how to respond for seconds. Instead she settled for simply grinning back, radiating the same shared joy that was on the verge of making her eyes water. "I'm just glad to be of help."

It took another day, but by tomorrow she returned and handed Terasaka 8 bottles of Bloodsap Potions, all that she had ingredients for at the time.

Bloodsap Potion
Prerequisites: Rare grass and seeds requiring a DC25 Knowledge[Nature] + Survival check to find, plus blood sap from a Moonflower Tree, brewed via Craft[Alchemy] DC40. Some of the ingredients cannot be found in herbal markets due to their lack of use.
Effect: Imbibing a single dose of bloodsap potion counts as drinking 1 Constitution point of fresh blood for creatures with vampiric addictions, although it doesn't heal any wounds or prior damage and does not reset the saving throw DCs for losing control.

(adding to GM post in your thread also)
|

()

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Once construction begins, Terasaka will call the village heads and militia commanders together near the construction site to fill them in on the situation. In addition to giving them the details of the magical communication network, he discusses the local nature spirit and its new shrine at length. He asks the village heads to encourage all their people to visit the shrine whenever they wish and to spread the word about the shrine to travellers and other villages outside his fief. He will talk extensively about the importance of an individual and community having strong, friendly relationships with local spirits, and emphasizes the importance of prayers and offerings at shrines in the area to build these relationships. To reinforce this point, Terasaka tells them about the offerings and services that he and his group have given to the spirit, and also reminds the leaders how helpful the spirit has been to everyone who lives in the area.
(He doesn't mention Tenshiism or the Oda, but the purpose of this is obviously to dampen any local religious discontent by focusing religious feelings away from the organized Tenshiist sect. Diplomacy check: 1d20+27 = 43)

After meeting with the local leaders, Terasaka will contact Tougou via Sending to let him know that Terasaka plans to teleport over the next day to make a personal progress report, request magical aid from Akiyama and Ozawa in the construction process, and to discuss military strategies to resist the coming Takeda invasion.
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Terasaka manages to gather much local approval with this. The local chiefs (I'll make a list of names if they become more important later xD) inform him that the shrine and its guardian are already well respected by the locals for its help in these rough lands, so continued homage is not a worry. The obvious display of piety also seems to distract aside any talks regarding the whole Tenshi Sect problem... either that or these villagers are so backwater they're just out of touch.

Tougou's reply came back quite warm, even if it's just text: "Come on over when you can. I'll tell Akiyama; I think he'll agree knowing the strategic importance; Ozawa is quite free."
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:21 pm

( Judson it's nearing two weeks! Would you continue already so we can get on with it? )
|

()

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Missions”