Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:01 am

Shigeru's bomb manages to pass the wind wall with minimum interference and smashes into the katana samurai.

The Katana Samurai charges Yuuta and manages to slash him with a mighty blow that crashed through his guard and hit just short of his vitals (Yuuta takes 33 slashing dmg).
Three nearby ashigaru step up and each stabs towards Yuuta with their spears, but all were dodged.

The summoner steps back and creates four more shikigami, which surrounds Yuuta and attacks him. Three of the hits missed, while the last one was guarded (both guards used).

Both the samurai and the summoner was looking really badly injured at this point...

The four ashigaru archers halted in place, too hurt to keep moving forward on the spiked ground.

From across the gatehouse you could hear the shouting of an officer: "Get your ass up there already! I don't care what you think, we need to get back inside, so climb those walls, now!"

(Distances: Shigeru at 100ft away; Terasaka at 120ft away.)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:47 am

Shigeru regenerates a hit point... (49/63)

Shigeru lobs a bomb at the Samurai again.
(Attack to Katana Samurai: 1d20+13 = 23)
(Attack to Spear 2: 1d20+13 = 25)
(Damage to Gunner: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to Katana Samurai: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half). YUUTA EXCLUDED FROM SPLASH DAMAGE)

Bombs Left: 4
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:30 am

Terasaka charges to F16 and attacks the Shikigami in G16.

Attack: 28
Damage: 27

AC: 33; +5 guard
HP: 60/70

This should bring everyone in the clump around Yuuta except the naginata samurai into the AoE of both my auras. Those who failed the save against Vision of Hell should have a -2 penalty against Archon's Aura and a -4 penalty against Aura of Doom.
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Shigeru's bomb flew through the wind wall and landed a direct hit on the samurai and the nearby spearman, and caught everyone nearby in the full blast (I rolled 6 saves in a row that were all lower than 10 <_<). The samurai managed to keep standing despite his hideous wounds, but the summoner finally dropped out of invisibility and fell flat onto the ground, dead. The shikigami also crumbled into burnt paper along with his death.

As Terasaka charges into the group... the ashigaru were starting to panick and rout...

(as the shikigami is dead. Judson: reselect target)

( next: Dave then Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 pm

(Terasaka will just double move up instead)

If Katana Samurai is still alive after dave's turn:
Terasaka takes a step up to G15 and attacks the samurai threatening Yuuta.

Attack: 35
Damage: 25
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Yuuta, bleeding badly (10/54), strikes out at the samurai in front of him (full attack).

Attacks: 28, 18

Damages: 18, 12

AC: 32 (guard +3)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Both of Yuuta's attacks bounce off the samurai's great armor. Terasaka then charges in, breaks through the samurai's parry, and smashes into him with his morningstar. The enemy then collapsed from death.

The naginata samurai charges Terasaka and slashes at him, which just barely manages to break past Terasaka's guard and strike him (Terasaka takes 38 slashing dmg)

The four ashigaru flees in panic, out the gateway and straight into the waiting spikes, which impaled their legs and then their bodies as they fell...

Yumi moves up and takes a shot at the samurai at close range, but misses badly.

( next: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Shigeru regnerates a hit point... (50/63 HP)

Shigeru closes to 60' away from the Naginata Samurai and finishes loading his musket.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Terasaka steps to F14 and feints at the samurai before bashing him with his morningstar.

Bluff: 38
Attack: 34
Damage: 32 (b+p)

HP: 29/70

[GM: the samurai dodges the wrong thing and gets hit hard.]
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:50 am

Yuuta tumbles to F12 and stabs the samurai, hoping the bastard will die so he can get some healing.

Acrobatics: 29
Attack: 31
Damage: 27

AC: 37, 36 vs movement-based AoOs.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:05 am

The samurai parries off Yuuta's attack with the haft of his naginata... he then steps to the right, shortens his reach, and takes a wide-swing against Terasaka, who barely manages to block the heavy hit.

Yumi takes aim and fires a single arrow at the samurai, which pierces his chest armor.

( next: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:11 am

Shigeru regenerates a hit point... (51/63 HP)

Shigeru takes careful aim and fires at the samurai (Critical Attack on Torso)

(Attack: 1d20+13 = 28 touch)
(Damage: 12d12+12 = 98 Bludgeoning and Piercing. DC 98 Fort save or be Stunned for 1 round. This duration increases by 1 round for every 5 points they fail the save by. Yes, I know that is an absurd save DC.)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 am

Shigeru's bullet punches a hole straight through the samurai's chest plating, taking a piece of his heart with it as it flew out the other end. The man was dead before he even fell.

[ Fastforwarding.... 2 rounds later... ] (Dave & Judson each gets 2 rounds of actions, Marty (still 70ft from battlements) gets 1 round]

The first wave of ashigaru archers--- seven of them--- finally climb over the walls, squeezing through the firing gap in their light armor and into the battlements... (they're still squeezing through = FF this round).

Yumi, during this time, had taken position on the battlements itself, and point-blank-shotted one of the ashigaru straight in the head as he climbed in.

From the sounds of the battle outside, it seems allies forces from both the north and the south have more or less pinned the enemy's main remaining strength against the inner wall gate/walls on the east side of the castle. The south side allies, led by the Wolf Fangs, were far closer to the gates than those from the north front... where you could see several squads of archers and musketeers, under leadership about 300ft+ away, firing volleys from behind the cover of the battlements in support of their troops below the walls.

( next up: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 am

Yuuta, at 10 HP, spends his time total defense-ing and begging for heals, since he's out.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 am

Terasaka casts Cure Serious Wounds on Yuuta and then Cure Moderate Wounds on himself as he leaps up to J15 in a single bound.

Yuuta healed: 25
Terasaka healed: 20

Terasaka then makes a full attack, striking each of the two oncoming ashigaru once and attempting to knock both off the wall him his brutal blows.
Attacks: 37, 18
Damage: 25, 23

(also, the Vision of Hell is still active for another 9 plus minutes, and it should affect any of them approaching the gatehouse)

HP: 51/70
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Return to “Missions”