Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Terasaka takes a step forward (to G4) to stay in melee with the archer, feigning an aggressive lunge before falling into a defensive stance.

Move action feint, standard action full defense, activating Combat Expertise

AC: 39; +5 guard
HP: 24/70

(Why does Marty go twice in a row?)
[GM: turns were posted out of order--- as Dave decided his action wouldn't change by whatever Marty would likely do. Been doing this a lot to speed up the PBP process]
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Yuuta charges at Samurai Archer 1.

Attack: 36 (threat), 19 (confirm)
Damage: 24

AC: 35, AC vs AoO: 34

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Shigeru launches a bomb at the Samurai Archer in N3

(Attack to N3 Archer: 1d20+13 = 32)
(Attack to N2 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 16) (if this misses, it still gets hit with the splash damage)
(Damage to N3: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to N2: 7d6+7 = 25 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half))
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Terasaka's motion seems to be confusing the archer...
Four nearby shikigamis attack Yuuta as he charges the archer, but he dodges three of them and parries the last aside, before running up to the samurai archer and stabbing his shortsword through right under the chest plating (critical confirmed... was that crit dmg you posted? seems low).
Shigeru's bomb turns the archer into a torch but misses the shikigami--- however, all four of them nearby were fully caught by the explosion.

"Get out of there" yells a voice ~25ft to Yuuta's northeast, except there wasn't anyone visible there.

Archer1 then moves away from Terasaka/Yuuta (withdraw action), right before the air began to crystallize around Terasaka and Yuuta, and within seconds a hemisphere of ice formed around their position from just outside their reach, enclosing the two inside it alongside one shikigami.

Archer2 spent his time putting out the flames...

The shikigami birds then charged south, five to them flying over the battlements to pin Yumi and Shigeru's position against the battlements.

Yumi then shoots three arrows at the shikigami to her left at point blank range while dodging three attacks from the enemies that now surrounded them. Two arrows went into the target, badly damaging it.

( next: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Shigeru regenerates... (forgot to do so last turn too, now at 29/63)

Shigeru lobs a bomb (by hand) at the Shikigami in K19. (Yes. Seriously.)

(Attack to K19 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 33 -> 43) (Confirmation: 1d20+13 = 26)
(Attack to J19 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 18)
(Damage to K19: 14d6+14 = 68 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to J19: 7d6+7 = 33 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half), SHIGERU AND YUMI EXCLUDED FROM SPLASH DAMAGE)

BOMBS LEFT: 11

(Hero Point for another Standard Action...)

Shigeru quickly draws another bomb and lobs it at J19.
(Attack to J19 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 22)
(Attack to H18 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 30)
(Damage to J19: 7d6+7 = 19 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round)) (holy shitty damage roll batman)
(Damage to H18: 7d6+7 = 28 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half), SHIGERU AND YUMI EXCLUDED FROM SPLASH DAMAGE)

BOMBS LEFT: 10

Shigeru 5' steps to J19.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Terasaka uses the momentary respite provided by being trapped in ice to case Cure Serious Wounds on himself.

Concentration check (Cast Defensively): 41

HP: 51/70
AC: 30; +5 guard
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Shigeru dodges the two attacks from shikigamis on his right while his bombs shred the three shikigamis to his left and damage those two remaining.

( Dave next )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 am

(That wasn't crit damage - I assumed I would miss :P Crit damage is another 3d6+3, which comes to 13.)

Yuuta takes a 5' step back and casts CLW. 11 HP healed.

AC: 32

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:13 am

(oh wait it doesn't confirm, I forgot Judson goes after you not before xD)

The two shikigami birds attacked Shigeru, but both missed again. The one within the ice dome attacks Terasaka and also misses...

The ground (and the walls) suddenly erupts with black tentacles around Shigeru's position, reaching into the air towards him. Shigeru manages to pull himself away from the tentacles' grasp, but Yumi wasn't so lucky. However--- both the shikigamis also got grappled down by the tentacles.

The two samurai archers take aim and shoots Shigeru, and only of them just barely manages to get an arrow through the battlements (hit on Shigeru: 28 piercing dmg)

( next: Marty, Dave, Judson )

( black squares outside battlements are marked as airspace affected by black tentacles... which is also technically 'rough terrain' at the moment )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 am

(Okay, that makes more sense. :P)

Yuuta tumbles around to flank with Terasaka before stabbing the construct.

Acrobatics: 37
Attack: 24
Damage: 19

TheDude51

Postby TheDude51 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 am

If Yuuta kills the construct:

Terasaka steps to G5 and smashes the ice on the bottom of G5 with his morningstar, attempting to break out from the icy prison.

Smash Attack, -7 PA
Attack: 18
Damage: 51

HP: 53/70
AC: 31; no guard (will use swift action for Spell Shield if hit)

Else:
Terasaka swings his morningstar at the obnoxious bird still stuck in the ice with them
Attack: 27
Damage: 21

HP: 53/70
AC: 33; +5 guard
Would it not be easier
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

Shigeru regenerates a hit point...(6/63 HP)

Shigeru flies upwards and to F18 and launches a bomb at Samurai Archer 1
(Attack to Samurai Archer 1: 1d20+13 = 23)
(Damage to K19: 7d6+7 = 37 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))

(Hero Point for Standard Action...Out of Hero Points now :cry: ) (Dave, go kill that invisible spellcaster before I get owned by these shikigami)
Shigeru lobs another bomb at Samurai Archer 2
(Attack to K20 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 24)
(Damage to K20: 7d6+7 = 32 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))

(8 Bombs left)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Flanking the shikigami and pincering it with both attacks, Yuuta and Terasaka manages to destroy the shikigami...

Shigeru's bombs ignited both of the archers, yet despite the flames and their staggering injuries they managed to take one more shot against Shigeru each, both of which missed. The two then collapsed from their burns seconds later...

Both the shikigami birds manage to break out of the tentacles' hold and move to threaten Shigeru once again.

Yumi struggles with the tentacles but could not break free.

( next: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Shigeru regenerates a hit point... (7/63 HP)

Shigeru grits through the numbing pain of the numerous attacks he has suffered, 5' steps to F16, and lobs a bomb right in the paper faces of the Shikigami.

(Attack to F18 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 26)
(Attack to E18 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 33 -> 43) (Confirmation: 1d20+13 = 27)
(Damage to F18: 7d6+7 = 31 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to E18: 14d6+14 = 62 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half), SHIGERU EXCLUDED FROM SPLASH DAMAGE)

(Bombs left: 7)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Shigeru destroys the last two shikigami...

It takes two rounds for Terasaka and Yuuta to break out of the ice (based on the last damage rolls), and Yumi finally manages to escape after those two rounds, looking very badly hurt from the combination of not-fully-healed earlier wounds plus the tentacles' thrashing. The invisible caster hasn't done a thing since--- probably fled after the last of his comrades were downed.

Shigeru could see that down in the first level of the castle, the allies' troops have completely cleared the south side of enemies and were pushing into the east and west sides. Although the Wolf Fangs' assault unit seems to be also bogged down on the east side fighting a squad of samurai that's been sent down to reinforce the collapsing ashigaru units...

To the north, the sounds of battle were getting more ferocious by the second. The allies have definitely broken through the outer wall defenses already and were engulfed in a chaotic melee inbetween the inner and outer walls.

( Shigeru gets one extra turn to do stuff while Yumi/Terasaka/Yuuta escapes )

( Marty, Dave, then Judson --- next action --- feel free to post your actions [separated by rounds] until you engage the enemy... map updated )
( The objective: inner walls gatehouse, is now E-NE by 300ft. No more enemies are inbetween here and there. Currently you see only 7 guards defending it--- a naginata samurai holding the gate entrance, a katana samurai blocking the door to the controls room, and 4 spearmen + 1 musketeer that fled from here earlier, being regrouped. They probably pulled some troops off against the other shock squads, but it won't be long, possibly any second now, when archer units from the other defenses start withdrawing in through those gates... ).

(Note: obviously, you're on the west side of the gatehouse)
|

()

Return to “Missions”