Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Shigeru's bomb hit both the officer and gunner and lit them both on fire. It had also set off the gunner's musket while he himself burnt to death seconds later. The three nearby ashigaru were also fully caught by the explosive blast.

( dave next )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:27 am

Yuuta blindsides the gunner below him and slashes once. (Why is a gunner in melee anyway? Do guns not provoke AoOs when used from melee?)

Acrobatics: 34
Attack: 28
Damage: 33

AC: 37

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:41 am

(Pistol-whip ability; effectively just a rifle-butt smash attack).

Yuuta kills the gunner with one stab to his back.

Terasaka flourishes his morningstar about him with deadly precision (Dazzling Display). This, combined with his already menacing aura and the enemies' inability to him either him or Yuuta, broke the ashigaru's morale completely. The officer attempted to rally but failed, and while his two samurai archers remained, his ashigaru troops scattered in all directions. Terasaka then smashes into Gunner2's back as he attempted to run away (AoO)... the target survived but was badly injured.

( Dave: Gunner2 and Gunner4 provokes AoO from you as they leave... it's immediate per AoO which your alacrity feats can actually afford both ).

Both of the archers took aim against Yuuta and fired a shot, yet both missed.
The four shikigami birds however continued their attack against Terasaka, and one of them managed to hit (Terasaka takes 21 piercing dmg).

Four more hostile shikigami popped into the air about 40ft north of the officer, but the six allied one fighting near the battlements finished off the last two facing them and intercepted the new ones, yet immediately lost two in the exchange ( 4 allied vs 4 enemies in the air ). No new allied shikigami arrived, as the Tougou summoner must have redirected her attention elsewhere.

Yumi took aim and fired a shot against the officer, but he blocked it with his buckler.

( next: Marty, Dave )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:50 am

AoOs:
1: Attack: Nat1
2: Attack: 28
Damage: 14

Yuuta charges the officer, completely ignoring the shikigami's AoO.

AC (vs AoO): 34
Attack: 25
Damage: 32
AC: 35 on hit, 30 on miss

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:55 am

Yuuta manages to stab Gunner4, but both of those two limps away with only moderate injuries...
The shikigami attacks him but misses, but Yuuta's shortsword also gets deflected by the samurai's heavy armor...

( Marty's next )
|

()

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Shigeru launches a bomb at the Shikigami Bird in J4.

(Attack to J4 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 25)
(Attack to I4 Shikigami: 1d20+13 = 26)
(Damage to J4: 7d6+7 → [5,3,1,6,1,1,6,7] = 30 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to I4: 7d6+7 → [3,4,3,3,6,1,3,7] = 30 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half), TERASAKA EXCLUDED FROM SPLASH DAMAGE)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Shigeru's bomb ignites two of the shikigami and damages the other two. Terasaka then follows up by destroying one of them with his morningstar (but misses the other).

The officer finally puts out the fire that's been burning him (heavily wounded now). The three shikigami attack Terasaka but misses.

The two samurai archers take aim towards Shigeru and each fires another arrow. Both of them manages to strike shigeru this time.
( Hit1 : 19 piercing damage )
( Hit2 : 23 piercing damage )

Some chanting was heard to the north, and suddenly the ground erupts south of Yuuta and Terasaka with black tentacles, catching them in the area. Yuuta manages to avoid being grappled, but Terasaka wasn't so lucky as he began struggling against it (DR negated damage taken though).

( next: Marty, Dave )
|

()

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:32 pm

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 am

Yuuta attempts to blindside the officer. And misses horribly.

Acrobatics: 38
Attack: 18

AC: 32

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:52 am

Terasaka tries to break free from the tentacles and fails...

The officer shouts encouragement to those remaining and attacks Yuuta, but misses. He then steps away from Yuuta.

Archer1 takes a shot at Terasaka (hit on Terasaka: 13 piercing damage), while archer2 takes a shot at Yuuta and misses.

One of the three bird shikigamis attacking Terasaka burns apart, while the other two attack him and misses, despite him being grappled by the tentacles.
Meanwhile three more birds were summoned just 20-some foot to the northwest of Yuuta, which then turns and charges at him (guard unsuccessful, one hit on Yuuta: 25 piercing dmg)

Yumi takes an aimed shot against the samurai officer, and the arrow manages to pierce his armor this time, leaving him staggered from all the injuries... but still holding on.

( Marty and Dave and Judson [now that you're back], go again xD )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:56 am

Yuuta, in pain, blindsides his way to L2.

Acrobatics: 30
Attack: 28
Damage: 12

AC: 32

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:39 am

(iirc Curse activates automatically any time I suffer a direct hit, but its going on now regardless)

Terasaka's curse activates as he struggles against the tentacles, attempting to free himself. As he does, the demonic energies flowing through him begin to reseal the wounds he had suffered.

Combat Maneuver Check: 31

If he succeeds, he moves to G4

HP: 44/70
AC: 33; +5 guard
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:51 am

( sorry, forgot about that curse; also take an extra 3HP of regen from last few rounds; would of broken out of grapple too if my last roll on Terasaka wasn't a 2 )

Yuuta's stabs the shikigami, but didn't seem to do too much damage.

Terasaka breaks free from the tentacles and moves away; the shikigami attacks him as he moves past it but misses.

( Marty next )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:16 pm

The officer continues to encourage his men, then steps over to slash at Yuuta but misses. Archer1 takes a step back from Terasaka and shoots three arrows at him in rapid succession, and one arrow manage to strike home (Terasaka takes 17 piercing dmg). Archer2 also takes three shots at Yuuta and all misses. The shikigami swarm then continues to attack both Yuuta and Terasaka, but not a single one of them manages to hit... one of the shikigami birds that Shigeru set on fire also burns apart...

The one remaining allied shikigami finished off the enemy in the air before moving to attack those on the ground, but two more enemy shikigami birds were summoned and destroyed it.

Yumi takes aim at the samurai officer and puts one last arrow into him before he dropped dead onto the ground. As the banner on his back falls, the two archers suddenly look a lot more discouraged by the situation...

( next: Marty, Dave, then Judson )
|

()

Return to “Missions”