Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Terasaka's morningstar smashes into the arms of the two ashigaru, sending them falling back down the wall before he could climb inside fully...

[ since Dave was healed first round--- will still need action from him for Round2 and this round; same for Marty ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Shigeru regenerates a hit point... (52/63 HP)
Shigeru moves up and hands an extract of [i]Personal Lesser Cure[i] to Yuuta (heals 1d6+5 when used)

Shigeru regenerates another hit point... (53/63 HP)
Shigeru works on loading his musket.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 pm

[ Actually, after talking some to people, I've decided to simply conclude the battle here--- the enemies are pinned on the other side of the walls, unable to get inside, and you guys really aren't in shape to take on the large batch of reserves still within the walls (including a captain, 15 musketeers, and more archers)... so, no point just sitting here performing trivial actions while everyone worries over their depleted/near healing ].

After several more minutes of struggling outside the inner wall gates, the remaining enemies, boxed in on three sides by alliance forces, surrenders. Yumi then dismisses the Spike Growth spells, and a flood of friendly troops from the outside quickly overwhelms the last group of defenders within the inner gates.

As friendly forces swarm over the keep, several of the leaders shout out that any pillaging and razing will be met with strict and harsh punishments--- the goal is to take the castle for ourselves, not wreck and burn it to the ground.

[ Give me a note of what you guys want to do now. Yumi is going to loot the kills and guard them, and I'll need at least one more character for that. If you plan to go off raiding the castle, I'll need the Appraise and Perception checks from you. If you plan to help out with the wounded, Heal checks and available stats on all remaining healing spells, etc etc. ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Shigeru distributes his last remaining Lesser Cure extracts to the wounded. (2 of them, 3 if Yuuta hasn't used the one that I gave him. Each heals 1d6+5)

Shigeru loots the gunchemist and the musketeers (leaving the gunpowder behind but taking the bullets).

Shigeru spends some time tending to the wounded
(I've got 10 uses left in my Healer's Kit, so here's 10 checks)
1d20+14 → [3,14] = (17)
1d20+14 → [17,14] = (31)
1d20+14 → [10,14] = (24)
1d20+14 → [2,14] = (16)
1d20+14 → [16,14] = (30)
1d20+14 → [7,14] = (21)
1d20+14 → [6,14] = (20)
1d20+14 → [18,14] = (32)
1d20+14 → [7,14] = (21)
1d20+14 → [9,14] = (23)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 am

While Shigeru is tending to our wounded, Terasaka is going to "tend to" the enemy wounded, looking for any still alive to eat. After clearing the immediate area he will drop out of curse and help Yumi with the looting.

After the curse is done, he will use spare rounds in between he will start burning Cure spells and his Healing Belt to cure badly wounded allies who are in the area, including anyone else in the immediate group who is hurt.

Terasaka also makes sure to say a few words of encouragement and congratulation to any of the fellow allies in the area as they begin consolidating the fortress.

(Impression check: 20 [possibly modified by whoever else is with me])
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:18 am

Yuuta chugs that extract, and then goes to loot the enemies with Yumi.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:13 pm

|

()

TheDude51
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby TheDude51 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 pm

For the unclaimed stuff, I propose:

Scout's Headband to Shigeru (so he can snipe and/or ignite invisible spellcasters)
Ring of Communication to Yuuta (so he can easily report back scouting info)
Steadfast Boots to Terasaka (my CMD is crap, could use some boosting)
+1 Composite +1 Longbow to Yumi (assuming she can use it without a +1 str modifier)

Healing Belts to Shigeru, Yuuta, and Yumi (so everyone has one)
2 Smokesticks to each party member

Sell the rest
Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
-Bertolt Brecht

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:32 pm

I'll take the other +1 composite (+1) longbow so that I can actually do something approximating damage at range if I have to. That would add a masterwork composite +0 longbow into the set of sellable items.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Shigeru takes...

Scout's Headband (2 charges) [MIC]
Reaching Item Launcher
Healing Belt
+1 Buckler (NEED MORE AC)
Reaching Item Launcher (MINE!)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

|

()

Return to “Missions”