Mission 2: A New Homeland

Moderator: Zanaikin

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2: A New Homeland

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:06 am

From the outer battlements, Terasaka could see that two Dark Way ramps have been erected and alliance units were charging up towards the battlements.

Flying up and N-NE, Yuuta comes over the inner wall battlements and notices--- an organized enemy formation guarding the inside. The were rushing over towards the battlements, still 70ft away, when they saw Yuuta come over and promptly deployed into a defensive row, right in-front of the quickly route to the Inner wall gatehouse--- there were 11 of them: 4 Ashigaru spearmen in the front, 5 Ashigaru musketteers behind them, an officer to the right, and a cannoneer/Gunchemist (similar weapon to Shigeru's) to the left. The Ashigaru Gunners then crouched down and took aim with their rifles, while the gunchemist fired a bomb at Yuuta but missed, detonating in flames with a multicolored burst.

The two archers also fell back from the battlements and retreated to the rest of the group...

Terasaka takes a double-move to catch up to Yumi's location - 60ft away from Yuuta

Yumi then flew up to near Yuuta, but took cover outside the battlements...

Behind them, in the outer courtyard, the Wolf Fangs' shock squads have finished half the enemy, routed them completely, and were pursuing. Tougou's squad also took down two of the four enemies they were facing, but were still fighting. In the meantime, three dozen more reinforcements were coming from the far east and far west side of the castle's outer walls.

( next: Marty and Dave )
( Shigeru is ~140ft away from Dave's current position )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Shigeru double-moves to catch up.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Yuuta ducks under cover, sheathing his sword and drawing his bow.

AC: 32+cover, guard +3

(Party note: I'll be getting my sword out again once you lot get up here to support me.)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Terasaka flew up to besides Yuuta, looked through the battlements' firing gap as he noticed everyone was taking cover behind it, and realized the details immediately. He then cast Hold Person on the Gunchemist, except it didn't seem to have any effect...

"Advance! Punch your bullets straight through their heads, take out that archer first!" the officer yelled (Call to Battle active), and the entire formation moved towards the party by 25ft. This time though, the musketeers knelt down and opened fire. At this range, the bullets punched through the wooden battlements with only a minor hindrance (penetration -4 instead of improved cover's -8), although the dim lighting also helped to obscure the party's positions. Out of the five shots fired at Yumi, only one managed to hit, but it was enough to not only seriously wound her but leave her dazed from the sheer impact.

As the musketeers were beginning to reload, the samurai archers each fired a shot towards Yumi, but both of the arrows struck the battlement walls instead. The gunchemist then opened fire with his cannon, and just barely managed to lob a bomb through the battlements. It struck Yumi and lit her on fire.

Yuuta then heard a spell being cast audibly, but didn't see anyone casting it (Perception: it's somewhere near the officer)(Spellcraft: Fail)... all of a suddenly, several of them began to move faster than they did before (archers, officer, gunchemist, 3x musketeers)

Yumi takes a few seconds before she gets her bearing back... the flames were burning her badly and leaving her critically injured... furthermore, it was also lighting up the shadowy area on this side of the battlements.

To the south, the main assault wave were over the ramps and moving over the battlements, except the tops were spiked so they had to tread carefully not to impale their feet. Tougou's squad has finished off the samurai unit and as her their objective, they held position and readied themselves to push back new reinforcements... their summoner however created 4 medium bird-like Shikigamis, which flew as fast as they could towards Yuuta/Terasaka/Yumi (ful-run, now 40ft away). The Wolf Fangs kept chasing after the routers and seemed intent to crash straight into the reinforcement units that way.

( next: Marty then Dave )
( Marty is still another 30ft from Dave's position [uphill flight] and hasn't seen the enemy yet )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:41 am

Yuuta pops his head up over the battlements, keeping partial cover and fires an arrow at the gunchemist.
Attack: 18+14=32
Damage: 15

AC: 32+partial cover

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 am

Shigeru remains where he is and finishes loading his rifle.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 am

Yuuta's arrow bounces off some invisible shield.

Terasaka casts Cure Serious Wounds on Yumi (all 3 actions), healing 24HP and leaving her wounds looking much better. He also takes a step down to clear the firing gap and seek total cover.

The enemy musketeers busy themselves with reloading, while the two archers take aim and fire another arrow each, only to hit the battlements once again. The gunchemist also takes a shot, but the bomb crashed into the battlements, blowing a hole through it in front of Yumi (she evaded the explosion). The officer was now looking a little annoyed that their own fortifications were getting in the way...

Some more chanting was heard, and from behind the officer, 4 bird-like shikigamis were released into the air and took flight. They flew over the battlements only to crash straight into the 4 that came from Tougou's group down below, and a aerial dogfight began as they tried to pierce one-another with their sharp long peaks...

Yumi steps below the firing gap to take total cover and extinguishes the flames that lingered on her.

( next: Marty, Dave )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 am

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:16 am

[ Just to note Marty: you don't gain bonuses from the sight on that, Taking Aim is a separate action from Critical Attack, and you only gain bonuses from the scope if you take aim first --- nevertheless... ]

Shigeru's rifle bullet flies straight in towards the Gunchemist, penetrates some kind of defensive aura, blasts through a force shield, and then punches through the chest armor the target was wearing cleanly, coming out the other side with several pieces of organs... the Gunchemist then simply collapses into a heap on the ground.

( next: Dave )
|

()

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:44 am

Yuuta turns to Shigeru, "Nice shot!" He then puts his bow away, pops up over the cover, and speaks an arcane word.

"Terasaka, we're going as soon as you're ready."

AC: 52

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 am

Terasaka casts Sanctuary on himself before flipping over the battlements, ready to attack the enemy formation along with Yuuta...

"Brace for charge spears!" the officer yelled, "muskets, fire!" The five musketeers then take aim and fired... except only two actually fired, their bullets deflecting off the powerful magic now surrounding Yuuta. The three others simply tried to press their triggers against Terasaka and failed.

The two archers took aim and each fired one shot towards Shigeru, who dodges one arrow but was struck by the other (Marty take 30 piercing dmg).

Meanwhile, two more shikigami fliers were released into the air from behind the officer, and three more from the allied summoner flew in from the south. The two groups joined in the aerial battle between Shikigamis now taking place above the party's heads, where two from each side have already been destroyed (4 enemy vs 5 allied now).

Yumi pops back up and sends three arrows through the battlements' firing gap. The first two struck musketeer1 and left him badly injured.

( next: Marty, then Dave )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:06 pm

(Okay, I guess I can't harass you for ignoring the logic block I wrote for Shigeru's next action since I didn't expect to take over half my HP in damage :( )

(Shigeru regenerates 1HP)
Shigeru ducks down below the wall and drinks a Boosted Personal Greater Cure extract.
(3d8+9 = 20 damage healed, now at 41/63)

(EDIT: HP Corrected)

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 pm

Yuuta once again activates his Ring of Avoidance and calmly strides through the air to arrive at J2, sword drawn.

AC: 52, +4 vs any AoOs I trigger from movement.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:51 pm

The two Ashigaru on the inside thrust their spears towards Yuuta, twice each, as he walked over them, only to have their weapons pushed aside by some invisible force. The officer was just plain bewildered, by a combination of Yuuta's sheer audacity and the fact he didn't even need to bother dodging those spears...

Terasaka then did the same thing, walking through the air to right besides Yuuta while under protection from the Sanctuary spell, before casting Cure Moderate Wounds (standard+swift) on him ( dave: heal 20HP; can't remember how much you were down by ).

The two spearman on the left rearranged themselves to strike out at Terasaka, but neither managed. Gunner2 tried to hit him with the butt of his musket but missed.

"There's only two of them! take them down now!" shouted the officer to his men. Two of the spearmen lined up to attack Yuuta again, and two of the musketeers tried to do the same, but three of their attempts were pushed aside effortlessly and only one of them (a nat20) Yuuta had to actually evade. Gunner1 moved back to fire a shot at Yuuta, and nobody knew where the bullet even went...

The two archers also moved back to take a shot at each. The arrow sent at Yuuta changed its direction at the last moment and missed, while the archer shooting Terasaka never even sent his arrow out. Gunner5, meanwhile, rushed to reload his weapon.

Four shikigami bird then erupted into the air about 10ft north of the group and charged in. Two of them missed Yuuta, while the other two simply, stopped, in front of Terasaka.

The samurai officer was confused and annoyed, but his men looked more along the lines of being intimidated at this point...

Yumi then sent one more arrow at Gunner1, killing him. In the air, two more hostile and one more allied shikigami went down in the fight over the battlements, while two more allied ones joined the fight (2 enemy vs 6 allied now).

( next: Marty, then Dave )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:03 pm

Shigeru flew back upwards and launched a bomb towards the samurai officer.

(Attack on Officer: 1d20+13 = 28)
(Attack on Gunner 5: 1d20+13 = 25)
(Damage to Officer: 7d6+7 → [3,6,1,4,4,5,2,7] = (32 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Damage to Gunner 5: 7d6+7 → [4,4,5,3,1,4,1,7] = (29 fire, plus catch fire (DC21 REF to extinguish, 3d6+3 fire damage/round))
(Splash Damage: 14 fire, 10' radius (Ref DC 19 for half))

Return to “Missions”